• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Looks like 2021 the R MIGHT be built in NA according to speculative articles.

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Sigh well I just wanted to share info with yall, sorry this fell apart so quickly. But this person is determined to derail this thread.

NP not derailing anything , just correcting your post
Sponsored

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Whatever. The point is that without more information from Honda, it's reasonable to think that Type R production could partly or entirely move to NA. That's all @Harlaquin was suggesting.

Yeah, dude flew off the handle pretty quickly. Thanks for the heads up anyway - hadn't seen that update til you posted it.

flew off the handle ROFL and whatever its also reasonable to think the CTR will never be made in NA based on the article...

its called correcting a post that shows no evidence that the type r is guaranteed to be produced in NA after 2021. Yes we will see the hatch back in NA after 2021 being produced , and again it does not state anywhere in the article that the CTR will be made in NA after 2021

So anyone else who can chime in and bring us real proof then this article is no help to us CTR owners.

Great news for regular hatch owners.. maybe we will see a SI variant of the hatch in NA in 2021. But again we have no proof for the SI hatch either or the CTR being produced in NA. But the one thing i can agree on is that the hatch civic will be regularly available and we could see more variants of the lesser models i.e. Sport, EXL etc.. They should just do away with the 2 door civic IMO and make a SI hatch and keep the 4dr.

Last edited:

spacemanspiff

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Civic Type R, 2006 Toyota Corolla S
flew off the handle ROFL and whatever its also reasonable to think the CTR will never be made in NA based on the article...

its called correcting a post that shows no evidence that the type r is guaranteed to be produced in NA after 2021. Yes we will see the hatch back in NA after 2021 being produced , and again it does not state anywhere in the article that the CTR will be made in NA after 2021
Look, ultimately you were trying to correct the wording of his post, which would be fine, except the wording of your post could have been a lot better, too. The way you worded it all but straight up accused him of being intentionally dishonest, when you likely meant just to suggest he change the title to something less definitive. Then you wonder why you had people coming at you for being all defensive and hammering out all caps responses.

Seems like everyone here (myself included - I'll admit I probably responded a bit too harshly) could stand to work on improving the tone and wording of our posts.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus

Man dude stop. No it does not specifically say the R will. But it does say north American civic production will be moved to north America. Last time I checked the R is a civic.

As for my title which seems your sticking point I said "looks like" which is the same as seems like, which are both non deterministic and opened ended not 100 percent. My title is correct at hinting at content which us what a title does. Then the reader reads content and comes up with own conclusion. I didnt write the content so maybe you should get up with the author?

I've gone through your posts history, you do this, you derail threads for fun. Please just stop.

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Also again I hope the CTR does get produced in NA and continue to be sold after 2021 but come on.
Look, ultimately you were trying to correct the wording of his post, which would be fine, except the wording of your post could have been a lot better, too. The way you worded it all but straight up accused him of being intentionally dishonest, when you likely meant just to suggest he change the title to something less definitive. Then you wonder why you had people coming at you for being all defensive and hammering out all caps responses.

Seems like everyone here (myself included - I'll admit I probably responded a bit too harshly) could stand to work on improving the tone and wording of our posts.
Hey np bro
I did not say he was dishonest but that he should correct his post and title.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
It’s also been confirmed by my exec sources at Honda corporate here in Ohio whom I cannot name names by request.

OP was just reporting news he and most of us also read...no need to question or double take on something he shared and become pissing contest, unless y’all work for Honda operations executive team.

Last week was speculation based on what Honda Japan CEO stated. Today he confirmed it.

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Man dude stop. No it does not specifically say the R will. But it does say north American civic production will be moved to north America. Last time I checked the R is a civic.

As for my title which seems your sticking point I said "looks like" which is the same as seems like, which are both non deterministic and opened ended not 100 percent. My title is correct at hinting at content which us what a title does. Then the reader reads content and comes up with own conclusion. I didnt write the content so maybe you should get up with the author?

I've gone through your posts history, you do this, you derail threads for fun. Please just stop.

You will be corrected :) Your title is false and its not likely that the CTR will be made in NA , until someone provides proof that Honda of Japan states the CTR will be produced in NA. Are you illiterate or just stubborn that you cant even understand your own post to the article

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s also been confirmed by my exec sources at Honda corporate here in Ohio whom I cannot name names by request.

OP was just reporting news he and most of us also read...no need to question or double take on something he shared and become pissing contest, unless y’all work for Honda operations executive team.

Last week was speculation based on what Honda Japan CEO stated. Today he confirmed it.

Thank you, your Info also confirmed my speculation that we will have same R through 2021. As like I said they also said makes no sense to change a car that is in middle of being moved. Also interesting they say 8k Rs for 19. So we know 17had about 5k no idea on 18 but if same 5 to 8k how are we into number plates of 30k?

Last edited:

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR

So i just checked CNET and does not say the CTR specifically is going to be made in NA only that the hatchback will be produced in NA. So how do you know that the CTR will be guaranteed to be produced in NA and not Japan only? Did you write on your facebook page that the CTR is being produced in NA?

You should correct your Facebook page

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Thank you, your Info also confirmed my speculation that we will have same R through 2021. As like I said they also said makes no sense to change a car that is in middle of being moved. Also interesting they say 8k Rs for 19. So we know 17had about 5k no idea on 18 but if same 5 to 8k how are we into number plates of 30k?
i will agree we will have the same R through 2021 since this has been verified in the news after that we dont know

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, '16 ILX
They only mentioned moving the hatchbacks to NA and didn't mention the Type R at all. People are just assuming that the next gen CTR will be a hatchback (I personally think it will be) so it's moving to NA.
Until there are proof that the next gen Type R will be a hatchback, it's all just speculation.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They only mentioned moving the hatchbacks to NA and didn't mention the Type R at all. People are just assuming that the next gen CTR will be a hatchback (I personally think it will be) so it's moving to NA.
Until there are proof that the next gen Type R will be a hatchback, it's all just speculation.
Considering ever R ever made in its history except a limited amount of Asia exclusive FD2s have been hatches . It's a high probability the next one will be as well. Its speculation but speculation based on a solid history.

spacemanspiff

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Civic Type R, 2006 Toyota Corolla S
Right, which is what the OP said. That it looks like the CTR will be built in NA. Not that it will be built in NA.

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Right, which is what the OP said. That it looks like the CTR will be built in NA. Not that it will be built in NA.
This has been a interesting article but until someone can provide written proof that the CTR will be made in NA after 2021 then everyone should just stop posting and kill this thread.

The CTR is not a just a hatchback but a totally different platform than any honda made..

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic TypeR, 2003 Acura RSX TypeS, 2019 Civic Si (wife's)
The CTR is not a just a hatchback but a totally different platform than any honda made..
Now that statement is way more false than the title of this thread.
Sponsored