• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Looks like 2021 the R MIGHT be built in NA according to speculative articles.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, '16 ILX
Considering ever R ever made in its history except a limited amount of Asia exclusive FD2s have been hatches . It's a high probability the next one will be as well. Its speculation but speculation based on a solid history.
your right. which is why i said i think it will be a hatch also.
But it does also say hatchbacks for the NA market will be built in NA but there hasn't been any mention of them making or bringing in a next gen CTR to NA. So i'm assuming if for any reason, they don't bring it here to the states, it will be produced elsewhere.

Right, which is what the OP said. That it looks like the CTR will be built in NA. Not that it will be built in NA.
I think the title just threw people off. Maybe if it ended with a question mark or something lol. Putting a period on it and making it statement backed up by a link that doesn't have any mention of the CTR probably triggered him who knows :dunno:

I personally am in the "it's 2 years from now so who cares" department lol.
Sponsored

spacemanspiff

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Civic Type R, 2006 Toyota Corolla S
This has been a interesting article but until someone can provide written proof that the CTR will be made in NA after 2021 then everyone should just stop posting and kill this thread.
I don't really think this is fair. You're welcome not to participate, but I see this argument on sports blogs and such as well, like "We shouldn't talk about this potential player signing until the front office announces it for 100% certain." Some people enjoy speculation and talking about what might happen and how things might change as a result. Just because it's not set in stone doesn't mean we can't have conversations about the potential implications if it does happen (or if some alternative does instead).

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
I don't really think this is fair. You're welcome not to participate, but I see this argument on sports blogs and such as well, like "We shouldn't talk about this potential player signing until the front office announces it for 100% certain." Some people enjoy speculation and talking about what might happen and how things might change as a result. Just because it's not set in stone doesn't mean we can't have conversations about the potential implications if it does happen (or if some alternative does instead).
Exactly. It's just a conversation. On speculation... try telling star wars fans not to speculate about upcoming movies until they see them in theaters. Ha good luck. Speculation is part of everything. 90 percent of the internet it speculation. If we only talked known facts there would be nothing to talk about. Phones, movies. Sports ,cars, stocks, award shows....everything on the plant is speculated. It's what makes stuff interesting

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
sure its ok to have an imagination we do after all live in America

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic TypeR, 2003 Acura RSX TypeS, 2019 Civic Si (wife's)

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Exactly. It's just a conversation. On speculation... try telling star wars fans not to speculate about upcoming movies until they see them in theaters. Ha good luck. Speculation is part of everything. 90 percent of the internet it speculation. If we only talked known facts there would be nothing to talk about. Phones, movies. Sports ,cars, stocks, award shows....everything on the plant is speculated. It's what makes stuff interesting
Again we live in America sure its ok to imagine , but why waste peoples time speculating on a forum when this article doesnt benefit the CTR owner other than the fact we know hatchback production is coming to NA , maybe you should have this thread moved to the 10th gen hatchback EX /sport forum

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Again we live in America sure its ok to imagine , but why waste peoples time speculating on a forum when this article doesnt benefit the CTR owner other than the fact we know hatchback production is coming to NA , maybe you should have this thread moved to the 10th gen hatchback EX /sport forum
Why do you not get that the CTR does not have a different "platform" than a regular hatchback? It just has more glue and different bits bolted to it. Without a "regular" hatchback assembly plant there is no CTR. It doesn't get it's own assembly line.

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 FK8, ‘19 XC60 R-Design, ‘17 ZL1, ‘02 SS
Mr Tired of my Musclecar at it again.

I wish you would stop starting threads.

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Why do you not get that the CTR does not have a different "platform" than a regular hatchback? It just has more glue and different bits bolted to it. Without a "regular" hatchback assembly plant there is no CTR. It doesn't get it's own assembly line.
Try turning a regular hatchback into a type r , let me know us know results.

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Try turning a regular hatchback into a type r , let me know us know results.
You really just don't get it.

If a Honda plant does not build a Civic Hatchback, it can not build a TypeR. It's plain and simple. Look, I get it, the CTR is special. I love mine more than life itself and I've wanted one for 17 years. But that doesn't change the fact that it is built on the same line using the same fixtures/jigs and chassis as any other hatchback. It's just a couple different processes in between.

Can you take a regular hatchback and make it a CTR...? no. But that isn't what we're arguing here. If the hatchback platform is made in only one country then NO other country can produce a CTR. That is the only point I'm making. If NA has the only hatchback plant then they can't produce the CTR anywhere else.
Sponsored