• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Looks like 2021 the R MIGHT be built in NA according to speculative articles.

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
You really just don't get it.

If a Honda plant does not build a Civic Hatchback, it can not build a TypeR. It's plain and simple. Look, I get it, the CTR is special. I love mine more than life itself and I've wanted one for 17 years. But that doesn't change the fact that it is built on the same line using the same fixtures/jigs and chassis as any other hatchback. It's just a couple different processes in between.

Can you take a regular hatchback and make it a CTR...? no. But that isn't what we're arguing here. If the hatchback platform is made in only one country then NO other country can produce a CTR. That is the only point I'm making. If NA has the only hatchback plant then they can't produce the CTR anywhere else.
and here he goes again

i will just say this . Was the Type R brand ever produced exclusive in Japan only? even though we had the civic or NSX in the USA? What makes you think the TYPE R will be built in NA? Do you have proof that in 2022 honda plants will be retooled for NA for the Type R?
Sponsored

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic TypeR, 2003 Acura RSX TypeS, 2019 Civic Si (wife's)
and here he goes again

i will just say this . Was the Type R brand ever produced exclusive in Japan only? even though we had the civic or NSX in the USA? What makes you think the TYPE R will be built in NA? Do you have proof that in 2022 honda plants will be retooled for NA for the Type R?
I didn't say anything about where the CTR will be built. Proof that you aren't reading the posts.

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
I didn't say anything about where the CTR will be built. Proof that you aren't reading the posts.
again you are not understanding anything i said . So makes me to believe you are uneducated when it comes to reading or cannot comprehend the discussion everyone is having on this thread

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
again you are not understanding anything i said . So makes me to believe you are uneducated when it comes to reading or cannot comprehend the discussion everyone is having on this thread
We are arguing different points, man. It's absolutely stupid.

If you don't agree that a plant that DOES NOT produce the Civic Hatchback can produce a Civic TypeR then we agree to disagree and we can move on.

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR

If you don't agree that a plant that DOES NOT produce the Civic Hatchback can produce a Civic TypeR then we agree to disagree and we can move on.
you cant even understand that the CTR is a totatlly different platform so

I still cant move on since you cant elaborate how the CTR is the same platform as a hatchback? Do you

If a Honda plant does not build a Civic Hatchback, it can not build a TypeR. It's plain and simple. Look, I get it, the CTR is special. I love mine more than life itself and I've wanted one for 17 years. But that doesn't change the fact that it is built on the same line using the same fixtures/jigs and chassis as any other hatchback. It's just a couple different processes in between.

Can you take a regular hatchback and make it a CTR...? no. But that isn't what we're arguing here. If the hatchback platform is made in only one country then NO other country can produce a CTR. That is the only point I'm making. If NA has the only hatchback plant then they can't produce the CTR anywhere else.
So now you are saying you can not take a regular hatchback and make it into a CTR. Good thanks for the elaboration , you said earlier that the CTR is not a totally different platform than the hatchback now it is. I think you need to rethink what you have said . And no its not just a couple of different processes in between making a CTR vs a Hatchback EX, LOL you are a funny dude.

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you cant even understand that the CTR is a totatlly different platform so
Let's start at the beginning. What do you mean by "Platform"? Maybe that's the issue.

Slap KFD

Slapboogz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1998 Honda Accord
I would love for once to make a post about R news or what ever to inform fellow R owners of happenings without someone coming into to conversations and just being a dick. It's a news write up that's all. I was sharing that's all. Damn dude. Not sure where you get off saying I was misleading anyone. Damn.

Anyway there is the write interpret as you see fit. Not gonna argue about it. Was just posting for others to read is all.
Thanks for sharing the news bud. Much appreciated. There's always gonna be negative feedback in some sort of way on the internet. Its Just part of it. Sucks

Slap KFD

Slapboogz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1998 Honda Accord
===

Let's start at the beginning. What do you mean by "Platform"? Maybe that's the issue.
This dudes trolling you. He knows its the same platform. everyone does.

aldo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Thanks for the article, the article is stating the next gen hatchback is going to be built in the US and Japan. Currently all the Type R engines are built in Anna engine plant in Ohio, have been for years. I read somewhere that they’re going to build the next gen hatchback in Marysville, Ohio. The Marysville plant is huge and the Anna plant is only about 20 minutes away. Its very likely but not certain the next gen Type R will be coming right out of Marysville.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Thanks for the article, the article is stating the next gen hatchback is going to be built in the US and Japan. Currently all the Type R engines are built in Anna engine plant in Ohio, have been for years. I read somewhere that they’re going to build the next gen hatchback in Marysville, Ohio. The Marysville plant is huge and the Anna plant is only about 20 minutes away. Its very likely but not certain the next gen Type R will be coming right out of Marysville.
I was thinking along those lines. Seems they might split production as they said NA cars made in NA and JDM cars made there. Since NA is biggest hatch market according to them, then if hatch production comes here I would guess so would at least NA R production as well. Since the R has always been a hatch (except a limited Asia build FD2) and built at hatch facilities and also only comprises 5 percent of hatches built. It's a safe bet R production would come with hatch production as creating a whole facility for a car that's only 5 percent of a subgroup would be silly. And ohio already has a great setup for such production.

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
I was thinking along those lines. Seems they might split production as they said NA cars made in NA and JDM cars made there. Since NA is biggest hatch market according to them, then if hatch production comes here I would guess so would at least NA R production as well. Since the R has always been a hatch (except a limited Asia build FD2) and built at hatch facilities and also only comprises 5 percent of hatches built. It's a safe bet R production would come with hatch production as creating a whole facility for a car that's only 5 percent of a subgroup would be silly. And ohio already has a great setup for such production.
so how is england/EUR getting their type r's?

and for the poster above , yeah its a hatchback but no it doesnt ride on the same platform as a hatchback ex.

It is completely different
A car platform is a shared set of common design, engineering, and production efforts, as well as major components over a number of outwardly distinct models and even types of cars, often from different, but somewhat related marques.

Let me know when a hatchback EX for 22k/ or a honda accord comes with the CTR engine/transmission/LSD/suspension components/track/body/dimensions/headlights/balljoints/extra integrity welds stiffness/motor/mounts/
The list goes on. I am sure someone else can name a 30 more different engineering components on the CTR vs any honda made. The only thing that slightly shares the same platform is the chasis and even then the CTR chasis is manufactured differently so I wouldnt even consider this the same platform

You guys are funny

and im sure and hope the CTR will be produced in the USA after 2021 but for right now we have no proof in writing from honda that they will be producing the CTR in NA. If you have proof from a outside source let me know .

Last edited:

aldo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe

and for the poster above , yeah its a hatchback but no it doesnt ride on the same platform as a hatchback ex.

A car platform is a shared set of common design, engineering, and production efforts, as well as major components over a number of outwardly distinct models and even types of cars, often from different, but somewhat related marques.

Let me know when a hatchback EX for 22k/ or a honda accord comes with the CTR engine/transmission/LSD/suspension components/track/body/dimensions/headlights/balljoints/extra integrity welds stiffness/motor/mounts/
The list goes on. I am sure someone else can name a 30 more different engineering components on the CTR vs any honda made. The only thing that slightly shares the same platform is the chasis and even then the CTR chasis is manufactured differently so I wouldnt even consider this the same platform

You guys are funny

and im sure and hope the CTR will be produced in the USA after 2021 but for right now we have no proof in writing from honda that they will be producing the CTR in NA. If you have proof from a outside source let me know .
I’ll drive over to Marysville right now and ask around for you, fkn dope.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport

You guys are funny

Apparently everyone else but you figured out the fact that "hatchback production" includes the Type R. Because wait for it...It's a hatchback :eek:. My proof is literally in the title of this article: https://www.motorauthority.com/news...on-moving-to-north-america-as-uk-plant-closes

It's pretty clear that hatchback production would include the Type R lmao. Why the hell would Honda be dumb enough to manufacture hatchbacks in North America but then spend money on building the Type R in an entirely different location :hmm:. It has never worked like that ever so there's no reason it would change now. @Harlaquin made a good post and I see nothing wrong here.

FYI, the Type R is built on the exact same platform as a lowly LX Hatchback. Stuff like suspension, LSD, transmission, and engine and whatever the hell else you mentioned is not part of a platform but rather upgrades that they made on their flagship performance car. So YES it does ride on the same platform, it's just heavily upgraded. The fact is underneath all those upgrades, the car platform is exactly the same. It's one thing to be misinformed, but its another to truly believe what you're saying even though its been proven false by other people on this thread.

Last edited:

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Apparently everyone else but you figured out the fact that "hatchback production" includes the Type R. Because wait for it...It's a hatchback :eek:. My proof is literally in the title of this article: https://www.motorauthority.com/news...on-moving-to-north-america-as-uk-plant-closes

It's pretty clear that hatchback production would include the Type R lmao. Why the hell would Honda be dumb enough to manufacture hatchbacks in North America but then spend money on building the Type R in an entirely different location :hmm:. It has never worked like that ever so there's no reason it would change now. @Harlaquin made a good post and I see nothing wrong here.

FYI, the Type R is built on the exact same platform as a lowly LX Hatchback. Stuff like suspension, LSD, transmission, and engine and whatever the hell else you mentioned is not part of a platform but rather upgrades that they made on their flagship performance car. So YES it does ride on the same platform, it's just heavily upgraded. The fact is underneath all those upgrades, the car platform is exactly the same. It's one thing to be misinformed, but its another to truly believe what you're saying even though its been proven false by other people on this thread.
This is the reply I wanted to type, but I had better things to do than feed a troll. Anyway, blocked/ignored and moving on with my life.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
This is the reply I wanted to type, but I had better things to do than feed a troll. Anyway, blocked/ignored and moving on with my life.
Nah I know this guy has a habit of trolling, i've seen his posts on other threads and he lives in a fantasy world of some sort. Its just that when he asked for "proof" and I found an article that literally said "Type R Production moving to North America" I couldn't resist. Interested to see what kind of response im gonna get lol.
Sponsored