• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Hastily GIMP'ed with patent image and Sport wheels. Will do for now. It's a looker if offered in this color.

11th Gen Honda Civic All-New 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Teased Ahead of Global Debut on June 23! GIMPed 2022 Civic Hatchback

Actually the silver one shows more detail after adjusting the brightness. No need to use GIMP.

11th Gen Honda Civic All-New 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Teased Ahead of Global Debut on June 23! 4BF3AD1D-691C-4329-AD1E-C536365BBBE5
Sponsored

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport MT
I wanted to like it so badly ever since those renders leaked. The rear end on the side profile makes it look like it has a big unshapely ass. Really wish they would keep the split window with the small spoiler. I have a 2019 Type R and love the overall shape and look. Here’s hoping that this gem will be short like gen 9.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Yikes, I hope the hatch in person looks better than the renders :oops:
Yeah, the shape of the rear end gives me 2006 Honda insight vibes. (Minus the covered rear wheels, of course) Not a good look, imo.
Or, like someone else said.....it's a Crosstour!

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Well done, can really see it now! It has that truncated look of the 10th gen hatch, but I love the 10th gen, so maybe it needs a spoiler or something to add a little something to the back?

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
FBEBFF04-A290-42B5-9D3D-9263634564C2.jpeg
Oh and here is the Orange one with the white background. I enhanced the photo so you can see the rear tail light housing.
11th Gen Honda Civic All-New 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Teased Ahead of Global Debut on June 23! 2021_76

If you compare to 10th gen, it's like they smoothed out the back end - that's why it looks worse imo, too rounded - needs a spoiler and a more aggressive lower bumper/valance. If it gets that it might look good (Si and Type R).

Last edited:

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I’m definitely liking the hatch way more than the sedan. The shorter rear overhang helps elongate the hood even more. I do agree with most, a spoiler of some sort is needed. Hoping Honda will offer roof/wing spoiler(s) as accessories. Those would IMO complete the back end in a much more meaningful way similar to the 10th gen.

Siblue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Civic 18 Type R
Hopefully 1.5T motor is standard like previous gen.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
I love how everyone balked at the giant Type R spoiler on the 10th gen and now the 11th hatch looks incomplete without a wing.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Hopefully 1.5T motor is standard like previous gen.
Not sure it will be this time... we've seen spy shots of the hatch with one and two exhaust outlets. Not that those might not be for other markets besides North America.... but I feel like we might end up seeing the 2.0L base engine at least on the LX model, if not the Sport model. If they do decide to make the turbo standard again, I think the Sport model(s) need to get another power bump (the 192hp tune from the accord would work perfectly for a sport or sport touring offering)

mammamia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
It looks great as-is, it's not asking for a spoiler/wing IMO as people have been saying.
So much less random ugly plastic trim pieces poking out everywhere

It also definitely does not look like the Insight or the Prius hatch, as the those have the profile sweeping up and back, which made the hatch look like a weird unwanted hump at the back like an ant's butt. These profile lines are straight or almost straight horizontal, and the hatch sweeps down at the end for a smooth end to the profile.

The 10th gen hatch looked a Transformer or some sort of bug from outer space, not what I want out of an economy car.

Greyscale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Accord, 2007 Accord, 1995 Miata
Very nice looking. I liked the 10th gen a lot, but it sure was homely. This actually has a cohesive shape as opposed to being an amalgamation of parts. Hope they have the Sport Touring with the stick shift.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Very nice looking. I liked the 10th gen a lot, but it sure was homely. This actually has a cohesive shape as opposed to being an amalgamation of parts. Hope they have the Sport Touring with the stick shift.
Me too! I just sold my CRV to carmax...hoping its replacement will be a civic hatch 6spd or SI.

popopopop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Si Sedan
It looks great as-is, it's not asking for a spoiler/wing IMO as people have been saying.
So much less random ugly plastic trim pieces poking out everywhere

It also definitely does not look like the Insight or the Prius hatch, as the those have the profile sweeping up and back, which made the hatch look like a weird unwanted hump at the back like an ant's butt. These profile lines are straight or almost straight horizontal, and the hatch sweeps down at the end for a smooth end to the profile.

The 10th gen hatch looked a Transformer or some sort of bug from outer space, not what I want out of an economy car.
You sure about the Insight thing? I didn't notice it at first, but hard to unsee now. Nothing wrong with it though!

11th Gen Honda Civic All-New 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Teased Ahead of Global Debut on June 23! 1623353361355

Siblue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Civic 18 Type R
Insight is 10th gen sedan based
Sponsored