• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Right or the new Integra if its this slow or slower. I see a Golf R in my future.
If Acura doesn't tweak the 1.5 tune for more power, it will be slower due to the higher weight (the hatch and higher levels of standard equipment).

Last edited:

Nessism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Civic
CAFE is the enemy! Honda needs to post high mpg numbers for the fleet or they will fall into the gas guzzler tax threshold. It sucks! I want a 1.8 or 2.0T. A 1.5 has limitation. The only way to get the big HP numbers from a 1.5 is to use big boost numbers and that will wear out pistons/rings/cylinders. Clearly, Honda doesn't want to go down that road.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
CAFE is the enemy! Honda needs to post high mpg numbers for the fleet or they will fall into the gas guzzler tax threshold. It sucks! I want a 1.8 or 2.0T. A 1.5 has limitation. The only way to get the big HP numbers from a 1.5 is to use big boost numbers and that will wear out pistons/rings/cylinders. Clearly, Honda doesn't want to go down that road.
And yet all these other automakers are managing to make cars that are faster, with more power and bigger base engines w/turbos.

I'm tired of the excuses.

Maxdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tundra TRD Sport
GR Yaris...1.6 liter, 257 HP...I look forward to the GR Corolla and how it matches up...

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys, you should know by now that Honda is basically a super conservative company. I honestly think that's why they went back to a more conservative look for the 11th even though the 10th was wildly popular.

I think it's more about Honda's mindset than CAFE. For example, my tuned 10th EX-L sedan is at about 225whp/250wtq yet still is capable of getting 40 mpg on the highway. They could produce more powerful cars that still get good mpgs if they wanted to.

IMO, the Si is a good all arounder, but man, 25 more hp/tq from the factory would have been perfect and made it a no-brainer to jump into an 11th Si.

Last edited:
Reactions: mjh

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Guys, you should know by now that Honda is basically a super conservative company. I honestly think that's why they went back to a more conservative look for the 11th even though the 10th was wildly popular.

I think it's more about Honda's mindset than CAFE. For example, my tuned 10th EX-L sedan is at about 225whp/250wtq yet still is capable of getting 40 mpg on the highway. They could produce more powerful cars that still get good mpgs if they wanted to.

IMO, the Si is a good all arounder, but man, 25 more hp/tq from the factory would have been perfect and made it a no-brainer to jump into an 11th Si.
Precisely the point....folks always want to blame CAFE for the reason Honda refuses to compete...power wiseits not CAFE its a choice by Honda.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
And yet all these other automakers are managing to make cars that are faster, with more power and bigger base engines w/turbos.

I'm tired of the excuses.
Many of those companies are buying carbon credits to make up for it. Honda is leading the way on gas powered cars MPG They along with Subaru and Tesla are the only 3 companies that did NOT have to buy Carbon Credits, so they made money by selling them to other makers, but the standards are getting stricter and they don't have any real EV's on the road yet so they are going to be losing that standing soon.

Nessism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Civic
There's no free lunch. High boost pressure will cause ring wear. I'd rather opt for a larger base engine, but that's unlikely it seems.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
There's no free lunch. High boost pressure will cause ring wear. I'd rather opt for a larger base engine, but that's unlikely it seems.
It would be interesting to see Honda split the difference for the Si. Move it to 1.7L or 1.8L. Give it more headroom over the other Civics but still less than the R.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feel free to stop by my tune reliability thread at CivicX. That's not been an issue so far.
Sponsored

Last edited: