Menu
News
Uncategorized
Forums
New posts
Trending
Featured threads
Search forums
WikiPosts
Image search
What's new
New posts
All posts
Latest activity
🛒 Sponsors
📜 Sponsors Directory
🤝 Become a Sponsor (Contact Us)
IntegraForums
CivicX
👨🏻💻 Sites
Members
Registered members
Current visitors
Member search
Log in
Register
New posts
Search
Search
Search titles only
By:
Registered members
Current visitors
Member search
Menu
Log in
Register
Navigation
More options
Change style
Contact us
Close Menu
Members
Sponsored
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
Unobtanium's latest activity
Unobtanium
reacted to
Spart's post
in the thread
FL5 Transmission Fluid recommendation
with
Like
.
Transmission fluid every 5000 miles is straight-up insane advice unless you're doing something that gets the fluid very hot regularly...
Tuesday at 7:42 PM
Unobtanium
reacted to
chopsuey34's post
in the thread
Considering a CTR
with
Like
.
1) Buy CTR 2) Keep CTR stock 3) Sell CTR for same / similar price 1 year from now if you don't like it
Tuesday at 11:47 AM
Unobtanium
replied to the thread
FL5 Transmission Fluid recommendation
.
FL5 CTR factory spec is DOT4 brake fluid.
Tuesday at 8:42 AM
Unobtanium
replied to the thread
FL5 Transmission Fluid recommendation
.
I think also it would help to keep in mind its not just a transmission. It'd also a torsen style diff that is going to be seeing...
Tuesday at 8:36 AM
Unobtanium
reacted to
Cueyo's post
in the thread
FL5 Transmission Fluid recommendation
with
Like
.
I mean they've used the same transmission for the type R for over ten years, just with upgrades to different parts. It's not like Honda...
Tuesday at 8:17 AM
Unobtanium
replied to the thread
FL5 Transmission Fluid recommendation
.
You're telling me that a company that molds mm thick canards onto a front air dam flap just put whatever was handy in the gearbox?
Tuesday at 7:41 AM
Unobtanium
replied to the thread
Considering a CTR
.
Maybe its not, but it's the most fun Ive had driving a car in a long time, and mechanically I really like the ctr.
Tuesday at 7:40 AM
Unobtanium
reacted to
Stick355's post
in the thread
Considering a CTR
with
Like
.
I did, that's why it only lasted a little over a year.
Tuesday at 6:01 AM
Unobtanium
replied to the thread
Considering a CTR
.
Thanks! This is the kind of info that I am looking for. I would quickly get bored of the Lexus from what you're saying.
Tuesday at 5:40 AM
Unobtanium
reacted to
Stick355's post
in the thread
Considering a CTR
with
Love
.
I noticed you said you were considering an RCF. I have some experience with the platform. The Lexus is a supremely comfortable car, but...
Tuesday at 5:40 AM
Unobtanium
replied to the thread
Considering a CTR
.
Like I said, it's very far outside of its mission statement, but that doesn't mean I'm not curious about it.
Tuesday at 4:29 AM
Unobtanium
replied to the thread
FL5 Transmission Fluid recommendation
.
My opinion is 8-1200mi. Key word is OPINION. If I end up with a CTR, I plan to do diff,trans,oil initially at 1k. This is a habit that's...
Tuesday at 12:29 AM
Unobtanium
reacted to
lilDumpsterRat's post
in the thread
Considering a CTR
with
Like
.
You drove it so you understand. I personally hate FWD, i also dont care four four cyl turbo engines, yet, the CTR somehow is an...
Tuesday at 12:28 AM
Unobtanium
reacted to
CG13's post
in the thread
Considering a CTR
with
Like
.
Body work, radiator, intercooler, brake ducts
Sep 21, 2026
Unobtanium
replied to the thread
Considering a CTR
.
How "replaceable" is the front end stuff. Like the 2 grills and the front air dam? Also, side skirts? On the Viper, and my Z06, side...
Sep 21, 2026
Unobtanium
replied to the thread
Considering a CTR
.
Great posts!!! So, another question. This one is a "what if", but its realistic for ME. I live very rural. We have animals. I once hit...
Sep 21, 2026
Unobtanium
reacted to
thatonedaveguy's post
in the thread
Considering a CTR
with
Like
.
Gearing is definitely huge- and FL5 gearing I think is mainly set for fun above all else. 1st you get up to like 31, 2nd 62 ish, 3rd...
Sep 21, 2026
Unobtanium
replied to the thread
Considering a CTR
.
I floored it in r mode in 2nd from 3500rpm and had no loss of traction during my test drive. The road was far from great surface, too.
Sep 21, 2026
Unobtanium
replied to the thread
Considering a CTR
.
I feel like gearing is huge. For example back when I had my ev6 gt, if I ran a current model mustang gt, and it was manual, nothing...
Sep 21, 2026
Unobtanium
reacted to
thatonedaveguy's post
in the thread
Considering a CTR
with
Like
.
I'll keep it short and simple. If you care about the driving experience, the FL5 Type R is a superior car to the M2, Nismo Z, and...
Sep 21, 2026
Unobtanium
reacted to
RODSCIVIC's post
in the thread
Considering a CTR
with
Like
.
If you are asking if it's "special enough" then it won't be and you'll most likely get rid of it after a year or two. It's like people...
Sep 21, 2026
Unobtanium
replied to the thread
Considering a CTR
.
Does the FL5 seem like an afterthought compared to those 2, or same same but cheaper because the interior is lower brow and what counts...
Sep 21, 2026
Unobtanium
replied to the thread
Considering a CTR
.
How is it from a freeway roll, bone stock, vs some other popular stuff. Say, a manual g80 or a 475hp scatpack? I know thats absurdly far...
Sep 21, 2026
Unobtanium
reacted to
J35W2's post
in the thread
Considering a CTR
with
Love
.
My humble opinion. But if you want a car that pastes a smile on your face every time you drive it, for the price point, reliability &...
Sep 21, 2026
Unobtanium
reacted to
optronix's post
in the thread
Considering a CTR
with
Like
.
So, if you don't need the rear doors, there's plenty of argument to be made you are selling your budget short. It also depends on what...
Sep 21, 2026
Unobtanium
replied to the thread
Considering a CTR
.
My test drive literally got me considering it. I initially just wanted to drive it so I could move on in my quest with a check mark of...
Sep 21, 2026
Unobtanium
replied to the thread
Considering a CTR
.
That is one appeal to the CTR, even more if they sell a complete HRC and I buy that---If I do get bored of it, it won't rob me on the...
Sep 21, 2026
Unobtanium
reacted to
xpystchrisx's post
in the thread
Considering a CTR
with
Love
.
Will it do it for you? You're asking a group of people who can't answer that question to help you make a decision that only you can...
Sep 21, 2026
Unobtanium
reacted to
asone's post
in the thread
Considering a CTR
with
Like
.
Hey! You're missing the Miata! :p My previous car was a Miata. :cool: I too was not sure about going FWD, but I actually like it now...
Sep 21, 2026
Unobtanium
reacted to
SonicRSC's post
in the thread
Considering a CTR
with
Like
.
I have had a Subaru STi, Honda S2000, Honda CRX, and before my current CTR I had a Circuit Edition GR Corolla. The Corolla was a 2023...
Sep 21, 2026
Unobtanium
replied to the thread
Considering a CTR
.
Fox body GT Lt1 1995 trans am Ls1 ws.6 2002 g20 sr20de C6 z06 370z Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7L QD2 Cx5 Cx5 turbo Rdx aspec adv C40p8 Ev6 gt...
Sep 21, 2026
Unobtanium
replied to the thread
Considering a CTR
.
This will be a second car for me. I want it to be awesome today, and awesome in 20 years at cars and coffee. I want to enjoy it. For me...
Sep 21, 2026
Unobtanium
reacted to
optronix's post
in the thread
Considering a CTR
with
Love
.
Coming to a forum dedicated to a particular type of car is going to give you exactly what you expect. People here like the Civic Type R...
Sep 21, 2026
Unobtanium
replied to the thread
Considering a CTR
.
Very helpful. Thankyou. I remember when Silvia with sr20det was a popular and accessible vehicle move in my area in college. Man what I...
Sep 21, 2026
Unobtanium
replied to the thread
FL5 Transmission Fluid recommendation
.
My main take away is that idiots designed the car and have no clue what fluids it even works optimally with, at best, and at worst...
Sep 21, 2026
Unobtanium
posted the thread
Considering a CTR
in
2023+ Civic Type R Forum (FL5 - 11th Gen)
.
I am considering a CTR for my next fun car. Some background on this... I drove an ev6 GT for a few years. It was fast as hell and...
Sep 20, 2026
Members
Top