• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

squish72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ss camaro and soon 22 hatchback civic
here is an rta of the Hatchback after I had done some adjustments.

Vol. was set at 20 and pink noise was sent over bluetooth with my v30 using audio tool. Bose center point or whatever its called is turned off

Treble adjustment seems to be about 6k and up

mid seems to be about 500 to about 1k

bass seems to be about 300 down

system has an excess of mid bass that cant be tuned without losing too much low end. It also has a dip from 1,500 to 6k that cant be fixed

I had measured it with the factory settings but it got deleted on accident.

11th Gen Honda Civic Bose Audio Sound System - Measurement Results Honda Sport Touring Hatch
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
squish72

squish72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No idea, but it's leaps and bounds better than my 16 Camaro SS with bose

22-Si

First Name
Utku
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
here is an rta of the Hatchback after I had done some adjustments.

Vol. was set at 20 and pink noise was sent over bluetooth with my v30 using audio tool. Bose center point or whatever its called is turned off

Treble adjustment seems to be about 6k and up

mid seems to be about 500 to about 1k

bass seems to be about 300 down

system has an excess of mid bass that cant be tuned without losing too much low end. It also has a dip from 1,500 to 6k that cant be fixed

I had measured it with the factory settings but it got deleted on accident.

Honda Sport Touring Hatch.jpg
So, is this good or bad? I have no idea how to read this graph.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si Blaze Orange

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I really don't know what all that means, but my personal opinion is the Bose system is good, but not really as good as I would have expected. I got it to sound better by making adjustments to fit my taste, with reduced mids and moving the sound a bit further back in the cabin. I am glad to have the Bose system at no extra cost, and it is pretty cool for a factory supplied system, but if I had to pay for it I would have declined. With as many speakers as it has I expected more from it.

OP
OP
squish72

squish72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

itsovr9k

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 S2000, 2022 Golf GTI
I really don't know what all that means, but my personal opinion is the Bose system is good, but not really as good as I would have expected. I got it to sound better by making adjustments to fit my taste, with reduced mids and moving the sound a bit further back in the cabin. I am glad to have the Bose system at no extra cost, and it is pretty cool for a factory supplied system, but if I had to pay for it I would have declined. With as many speakers as it has I expected more from it.
Curious what device you are using to supply the media. From my experience of owning a 10th gen Type R, the only way to play lossless audio from the headunit was to use 16-bit wav files delivered via a USB drive. Other methods like Android Auto and Apple Carplay re-sample audio (even though they still deliver 16-bit 44.1 khz, something is lost in the process), reducing the perceived audio quality substantially IMO.

That being said even with this setup (USB w/wav's) the CTR system was still like a 4 out of 10. There are several in depth reviews that have indicated that the new Bose system is substantially better than the prior premium system. I'll be picking up a SI in the coming months so I suppose I'll find out then.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curious what device you are using to supply the media. From my experience of owning a 10th gen Type R, the only way to play lossless audio from the headunit was to use 16-bit wav files delivered via a USB drive. Other methods like Android Auto and Apple Carplay re-sample audio (even though they still deliver 16-bit 44.1 khz, something is lost in the process), reducing the perceived audio quality substantially IMO.

That being said even with this setup (USB w/wav's) the CTR system was still like a 4 out of 10. There are several in depth reviews that have indicated that the new Bose system is substantially better than the prior premium system. I'll be picking up a SI in the coming months so I suppose I'll find out then.
I only listen to Satellite radio, I don't listen to my own music.

wilsonyyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
I tried OP’s setting in my SI and I really like it, it seems to tame/smoothen the unevenness in vocals and trebles. I turned the bass to -3 instead because I think my sedan might have boomier/looser bass due to the free air sub(need to verify). I also found that i preferred centerpoint to be on in the back seat vs the front, it gives a better imaging for the rear passengers. Overall, I really enjoy the system after the adjustments, maybe I will add some sound deadening to the trunk/deck later to try to tighten the bass up. Kudos to squish72 for doing the RTA!

OP
OP
squish72

squish72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried OP’s setting in my SI and I really like it, it seems to tame/smoothen the unevenness in vocals and trebles. I turned the bass to -3 instead because I think my sedan might have boomier/looser bass due to the free air sub(need to verify). I also found that i preferred centerpoint to be on in the back seat vs the front, it gives a better imaging for the rear passengers. Overall, I really enjoy the system after the adjustments, maybe I will add some sound deadening to the trunk/deck later to try to tighten the bass up. Kudos to squish72 for doing the RTA!
That's good to hear you think it helped. It's far from perfect, wished there were more bands of adjustment. For what it is though it's pretty good and one of the best stock systems I've heard. I would love to tie in some bass shakers under the seat to help with the sub bass and would also be able to turn the bass down a bit, but I don't think there's room anywhere to do it.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have mine set to maximum treble, I have the mids set way down like -3, and base set at +3. I have the fader set to just a small bit behind center, and balance set even. It sounded much better after I made these changes.

Greyscale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Accord, 2007 Accord, 1995 Miata
Looking at that graph it seems like you turned the treble and mids the wrong way. Turning them both up would give much flatter response.
Sponsored