• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
if you have a suede wheel, you have to wear driving gloves everytime you go driving and also the microsude is high maintenance.
Sponsored

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
“We’re still very light on details, never mind an actual drive in the car, of course. But, on this evidence, the 2022 Civic Type R looks set to remain the adjustable, engaging, purist option in the hot hatch class. That, far more than any news on big power or lap-time records, is exactly what we wanted to hear.”

Journalism in so few words. Article describes exactly how I felt about driving the FK8. Any improvement over it is a huge plus.

ButchertheBaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Integra Type R
“We’re still very light on details, never mind an actual drive in the car, of course. But, on this evidence, the 2022 Civic Type R looks set to remain the adjustable, engaging, purist option in the hot hatch class. That, far more than any news on big power or lap-time records, is exactly what we wanted to hear.”

Journalism in so few words. Article describes exactly how I felt about driving the FK8. Any improvement over it is a huge plus.
I remember the talk earlier this year was about how the new car looks to be an improvement, albeit a small one, over the already great FK8. Good to hear that (early) reports means this is true.

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431 - Sold
if you have a suede wheel, you have to wear driving gloves everytime you go driving and also the microsude is high maintenance.
On my FK8 I had installed a Handkrafted wheel. Loved it, and looked great
11th Gen Honda Civic Journalist Press Drives for FL5 2023 Civic Type R Underway FK8

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Yeah I swapped a GT350 wheel on my Mustang GT and then constantly regretted it. No matter how hard you try, I even wore gloves… still got all funky
Weird, the steering wheel on my GT350 is fine Ive had it for almost 2 years now. Never cleaned it

Zavage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6, Honda Accord CU1( Acura TSX 2nd Gen)
Looks like an EURO-CTR because it has rear fog lamp (left rear light).
Also interessing is, that it isn't equipped with the BOSE System.

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
Article suggests the car is lighter than FK8. That's really encouraging given the extra power and improved suspension and body rigidity. Previous article also said the hood is aluminum and hatch is composite to reduce weight.

The new Type R has a 35mm-longer wheelbase, and while it is ultimately the same platform that underpinned the outrageously good FK8 Honda Civic Type R, suspension geometry is all-new, and the whole car is now more rigid and a touch lighter.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Lucky them! They have the chance to compare the FK2, FK8 and FL5! Eager to see this comparaisons!

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
The sound is pure touring car (albeit digitally enhanced, like on the last Civic) but it feels like there’s more to give under the right pedal.

I honestly don't really understand what this means lol
you're not gonna be hearing much other than pumped in audio from inside. Newer cars are so damn insulated from NVH that they have to pump in the audio to hear much.