Sponsored

Search results

  1. Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread

    I feel like they did make a difference, but I changed them out when the shifter was installed so the whole deal was a noticeable difference. And yes replacing the shifter bushing while the air box is sounds right to me. I did a drain & fill on the MT fluid while I was in there as well.
  2. Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread

    100% spot on with your assessment of the Acuity 4-way shifter. The stock shifter is good, but the Acuity is next level. Did you upgrade to their shifter cable bushing as well?
  3. Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread

    I dig the white wheels. They look great on your car. I couldn't find any that spoke to me at the time so I went with the OEM forged option.
  4. Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread

    yes sir.. i think it ties in the black wing well. I was contemplating having the wing painted body color prior to wrapping the roof.
  5. What's the best money you've spent on your car that wasn't a power mod?

    I was genuinely surprised I was genuinely surprised how good the shifter feel is after the Acuity shifter install. Honda shifters are generally pretty good stock but this mod is a game changer. With the new shifter & bushings, changing out the MT fluid the shifts are butter smooth but with a...
  6. What's the best money you've spent on your car that wasn't a power mod?

    Just installed the Acuity 4-way adjustable shifter and cable bushings on my FL5. The stock shifter is good, but this new shifter is a game changer. It makes each shift feel more deliberate and mechanical, more gate definition & reduced the throws without going overboard.
  7. Front Brake Pad replacement options / 2023 FL5 CTR

    Hey guys .. looking for recommendations on replacement front brake pads. I did the AI thing and one option that consistently popped up was the Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
  8. Catastrophic oil leak - I am freaking out

    The verdict is in. I was wrong .. the oil filter O-Ring gasket failed. This was after nearly 4 months and 3000 miles since the last oil change. For the record there was no sign of oil leakage prior to the failure and the filter was not double gasketed. The aftermarket oil filter on the car was...
  9. Catastrophic oil leak - I am freaking out

    I do most of the maintenance including the last oil change. But the oil & filter change was a couple of months and over 3000 miles ago. There were no oils leaks that noticed ay any point. i can't be sure yet, but I don't believe it was the drain bolt or filter. I'm leaning towards oil cooler...
  10. Catastrophic oil leak - I am freaking out

    I was think thinking that the silver lining in all of this, it happened at my home and not while driving the car under load. Imagine had I been ripping up a twisty or traveling on the expressway at 70 MPH and all that oil covering the tires. That scenario is a recipe for tragic accident.
  11. Catastrophic oil leak - I am freaking out

    I got the tow truck there pretty quick so I really didn't have a chance to climb under and give it a proper look.
  12. Catastrophic oil leak - I am freaking out

    To clarify... The engine is stock
  13. Catastrophic oil leak - I am freaking out

    While getting ready to head out for an errand I started the and was plugging my phone in when I noticed the "Low Oil Pressure - Shut Engine Off" warning ⚠️ light. I shut down the car immediately. Got out popped the hood and watched in horror as what seems to be the whole sump full of oil leaking...
  14. Oil filter question

    Pentius PLXL 7317 .. very stout well constructed oil filter. Buy them by the case.
  15. PRL FL5 Wing Delete: Clean Looks, Smart Engineering

    The idea of a wingless Type R sounds preposterous. ^^^^^^^^^^^^ This
  16. Leaking coolant reservoir

    I tried the the "can you give me the part" under warranty, but they weren't having it so I let them replace it and then I installed the aftermarket one. And the dealership monkeys didn't have the decency the clean up my engine bay that had coolant blown all over the place....
  17. Leaking coolant reservoir

    The factory replacement is no better. There are plenty of aftermarket options. I went with the Mishimoto expansion tank and it works well for me. My OEM tank failed within the first year ...




Top