I'm curious whether this spring will actually improve pedal feedback or make it worse.
My understanding is that the spring helps to hide excess play at the top by adding resistance. But, the reason there's excess play is because you're not actually activating the cylinder at that point in the...
Impressions of RV6 turbo on the street? How is spool time (i.e. once at turbo threshold / rpm req to spool, how long between throttle input and spool up)? Hard to get good feedback on this as most just point to the rpm at which turbo spools when you ask about turbo lag.
Looking to sell the following shift knobs (buyer pays shipping).
SOLD - OEM S2000 Titanium Knob:
$75.00
Good Condition - 7/10 (shipped with some light marring / scarring of finish -- see last pic).
SOLD - Science of Speed NSX Knob:
$75.00
Excellent Condition - 9.5/10 (shipped with a very...
This, I am with you on 100%.
It's why I jumped into this discussion to defend someone pointing out the platform's weaknesses and why I don't think we'll get anything like this thread is largely clamoring for -- unless it's a production run of 500-1000 cars for nearly double the FL5's original...
I will be the first to tell you the engine in this car does not live up to the standard set by Type-Rs built 15-25 years ago, but this is not entirely fair.
The block and crank are the same as the configuration featured in the Accord. But, the rods are different, the pistons are different (in...
There are something like 50k+ FL5s out there (maybe 15k in NA). If they made 1k of a special edition, yes, they'd sell instantly. Most would have absurd ADMs and would never get tracked 😭. The "trackable" element might be part of the appeal, but the "I have something (most) nobody else does"...
Much of this sentiment I agree with, and it's part of the reason I think that many people spending $80k+ total on an FL5 build wouldn't necessarily be the same people spending $80k+ on an OEM offering from Honda (although I'm sure they'd be among its biggest fans). A huge aspect to the hardcore...
I don't know that this is a fair response. I don't entirely agree with him that there's no market at all, but I think it's very limited, and his points about the platform's limitations are valid, even if his tone might seem to be somewhat condescending.
To Optronix's credit, he regularly AutoXs...
The turbo has barely started to make boost at 2700 rpm. The power band for this engine starts at 3k rpm, and it was designed to operate primarily above that threshold when making power. It's okay to sit around 3k when you are maintaining a constant speed, like on the freeway or something, but...
Don't fuel upgrades, like 1450cc injectors and a HPFP exceed the capabilities of the stock turbo (at least without seriously stressing reliability)?
I am confused why -- if the price is similar when choosing between either turbo or fuel upgrades -- everyone's reason for not upgrading the turbo...
4 cylinders can sound good (see sport bikes, S2000, NA K20 builds, etc.). The problem with the K20C is the headifold (and, to a much lesser extent, the tiny turbo & restrictive cat).
It depends where and how you're asking for it...
400+ wtq at 2500 rpm is hard on the rods and will probably cause issues if you floor it in a higher gear at 2-2.5k rpm. 400+ wtq at 4k rpm? Not an issue. As a couple others have stated, the question is more complex than the peak number.
Wait: you are saying that Cobb -- who announced support for this platform less than 2 years ago (Aug '24) and brought their first hardware to market (Intake / Intercooler) only 9 months ago -- is no longer developing for this platform?
I was a little on the fence re: Hondata / Cobb (leaning...
How does Cobb compare to Hondata for advanced tuning like this (i.e. with cams)? My understanding is Hondata keeps the relevant tables locked down, and you'd need to move to Motec if you were running something bigger than the 4Piston TR2.5s?