Sponsored

Search results

  1. FULLTIME 12 VOLT JACK?

    I had these two in my Amazon "saved for later" cart for a while: https://www.amazon.com/Surface-Voltmeter-Lightweight-Charger-Replacement/dp/B0GK8W2G11 https://www.amazon.com/Cigarette-Replacement-Voltmeter-Waterproof-Motorcycle/dp/B0CTD84F3P
  2. Best advice for factory size all season tires?

    I still have a way to go on the OEM tires, but I already started researching tires. Top of my list is the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus I want to get taller sidewall, so I am considering 275/35R19 If I recall correctly, the DWS06 is cheaper than the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4...
  3. R Lucy.

    Same here... I drove my previous FA5 much more aggressively than I drive the FL5. I was looking at 18" wheels, but decided to first get a set of 35 (most likely Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus in 265 or 275/35R19) BTW, I want to keep scrub radius same as OEM and avoid changing...
  4. Badge Engineering 🙈

    My sense of humor is weird (non-existing if you ask my wife) I think that putting a "hybrid" emblem on an FL5 is funny since the FL5 is definitely not a hybrid.
  5. R Lucy.

    I have the DSC module and love it (it replaced the DE5 module which I install the first weekend after I purchased my FL5), yet I still want to try 35 profile tires (either 265 or 275) when the OEM tires wear out.
  6. Badge Engineering 🙈

    I want to get this badge (08F20-T20-100B), but cannot not justify spending $50 on a joke that almost no one would get...
  7. CTR stolen and recovered!

    I also looked at it, seems a bit cumbersome to live with on a daily basis. But if you can live with is quirks, seems like it can be useful to prevent drive away theft (nothing can prevent flatbed/tow truck). BTW, I also evaluated Igla, Ghost lock, purchased the 41.22 kill switch, which I...
  8. What did you do to your FL5 today?

    Thanks, I also had no idea Blitz made these. A while ago I looked at the two different technology/mechanism for control beams / dampers:
  9. Installed flashing third brake light module

    Thanks for the reminder to install it. I cannot believe that it has been over a month now...
  10. Advice for a first timer

    Excellent advice! I recommend that you take a look at ValvoMax system. I opted for it even though it is not magnetic. Not a drop of oil out, with the exception of the filter as I have not yet mastered filter removal... I always fill the new filter with new oil (per Lake Speed Jr and others)...
  11. Oil Filters - Mobil 1???

    AI summary of the current best oil filters. excluding the original Fram/Amsoil/Royal Purple. note that the top three are current PGI made filters. which is encouraging if Fram/Amsoil/Royal Purple will be relabeled PGI. though best would be if they would make them identical to the First Brands...
  12. Oil Filters - Mobil 1???

    It does matter!!! Unlike oil which starts degrading at about 1,500-2,000 and should be replaced at 4,000-5,000 miles, high filtration efficiency at under 20 microns matters from the first mile. Particles in the 5–20 micron range do the most damage inside the turbocharger because they match the...
  13. Oil Filters - Mobil 1???

    Honeywell sold Fram in 2011, First Brands owned Fram since 2019 till bankruptcy in 2025. It is now owned by Premium Guard Fram Ultra Synthetic used to be the best most efficient at filtering sub 20 micron particles, 99.8 percent at 15 microns. (as were Amsoil, Royal Purple, Mobil 1, all were...
  14. What did you do to your FL5 today?

    I mounted mine a bit higher and to the right, in an attempt to block as little of the intercooler as possible. I had it there since I purchased the car in March 2025. I have not noticed any issues with wind force deforming the grill, and I'll never admit to driving faster than 130 mph. I just...
  15. Type R owner age?

    Thanks Father, mother, sister, grandma, uncle, our daughter, all had cancers. My uncle did not survive. Thankfully all others did. Statistically (because they all had cancers) I should not... https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/genetics/brca-fact-sheet
  16. CTR alarm?

    I believe OP had glass broken. OEM alarm will not detect broken glass. Others had door lock busted. but OEM horn is wimpy and most people will ignore these anyways
  17. CTR alarm?

    A relay attack (where they have two devices, one near your home, one near the car) will relay the key fob passive signal to the car. They get in and drive away in about 30 second. no need to break windows, or damage the lock. the car "senses" the relay as if it was the real key fob. Defense is...
  18. Type R owner age?

    https://www.cologuard.com I carry the BRCA2 mutation. I get this blood test once a year. It should find most cancer cells shed into the bloodstream https://www.galleri.com
  19. CTR stolen and recovered!

    Well, I removed the spy module myself. Don't want Honda spying on me. Anyway, they do not need to remove it. All they have to do is plug in a $100 GPS/Cellular signal jammer into the cigarette lighter socket. poof, no signal...
  20. CTR alarm?

    depends on the lock type. most locks use "security" screws that can be defeated some locks use key cylinder, which can be picked some use regular screws which are protected by a cover which is locked (and can be picked) I have the Ravelco anti-theft system, which will prevent starting the...




Top