I hope you plan to build the engine first brother. I know people run more power on stock engines, but I really don't think they really exploit the power often. More just for the clout that they hit that power level on A occasion. Do you plan to roll race? Curious what the end goal for power...
Hey brother, congrats. I would highly recommend a heat shield around that turbo's exhaust housing. Dream Automotive makes two options. I personally use the option that goes around the housing itself front/back, and then I have my downpipe wrapped as yours is. No issues.
I could, but would not based on how rediciusly easy it is to remove the OEM or any aftermarket airbox, leaving you with the same giant hole that exists with the latter. In addition, you have to add additional bracing and support over the turbo as well. Too each their own. I am not bashing it.
Yeah. A little polishing before ceramic coat will be done. Wanted to give the paint time to properly off gas as long as possible. However, I think it looks great currently. Thank you for the compliment.
Update: Final product back from paint. Will update the thread again once it is installed. I am currently renovating my entire garage, this is interior "warm" lighting. Tell me what you guys think. The underside is paint match white as well.
Bro, I have to ask. Are you a vendor? Crazy to beleive you keep having all these high end Japanese items for sale BNIB. Unless perhaps, you are truly that indecisive with very deep pockets. 😅 GLWS
I am vary curious as to why HKS decided to change the design if it was not necessary to change. I assume other factors play into it. Would be very cool if you could do this to your SEMA build and show us how it is done and what needs to be changed for it to work. I know people have said that...
I have a Chasing Js Titanium. Hell, I do not have to barely tighten it to have a great seal. As long as you are not " I have the POOOOWERRRRR" like He-Man. Should be fine.
My vote is no; I may be wrong, but it appears to be a lot of interference. Modify to fit, maybe, but then it's unnecessarily complex in that corner of the bay. Working on anything in there would be a pain imo.
Final update:
Matt followed good business practices and agreed to refund me $ 1,000.00 for the hood. I am satisfied with this settlement. After speaking with Matt, it was clear he was worried about his company and First Molding's reputation. Overall, this thread has expressed negativity...
Ahhh yes, the other Japanese made experience that is kept in the shadows. Feeling that pain bro. I love Japan. Been there. The community just needs to bring down that ultra high pedestal.
Okay thank you for clarifying. Ok I thought the airbox is what you meant but I wanted to make sure. Never really thought about that. Will consider.
Regarding the center vent. This was my original idea until the painters shot it down when they observed those 4 milky dots on the peaks of both...