Sponsored

Search results

  1. engine air filter replacement consultation

    I am thinking of replacing the OEM air filter with a BMC or K&N product, FB01183 or 33-5139, respectively. Anyone have an opinion of which would be best, or another alternative, or even chime in if not worth doing at all.
  2. [Install Guide] Installing aFK8 spare tire and full kit in the FL5

    FYI: previously posted link to Honda installation instructions https://www.civicx.com/forum/attachments/type-r-spare_tire_kit-pdf.219715/
  3. [Install Guide] Installing aFK8 spare tire and full kit in the FL5

    update a day later. - hhkb, I followed your advice for adding the spare tire info over the existing tire spec sticker. So easy, yet I don't think I would have come up with that, instead I was thinking along the lines of adding the sticker to the passenger side, which would have been very...
  4. [Install Guide] Installing aFK8 spare tire and full kit in the FL5

    Just wanted to add my own experience. Purchased the FK8 spare wheel kit (part #06421-TGH-A33ZA) and tire (part #42751-CTL-039) and picked it up at a local dealership after having the service dept. mount the tire to the wheel rim. Kit, $214; tire, $150; mounting fee, $27; shipping, none; total =...
  5. Pedal Adjustments

    I just drove 40+ miles today in stop-and-go and freeway traffic; I feel a marked improvement in leg comfort, now that I was able to move the seat distance to pedals back a notch or so and I'm happy with this purchase. However, still not the perfect setup; I've been spoiled by a few other MT cars...
  6. Pedal Adjustments

    I have the same issue, the perfect distance for throttle and brake is too far back to comfortably push the clutch pedal to the floor for starting. Although the two clutch pedal stop buttons mentioned appear almost identical and JSR is significantly more expensive, I still went with JSR...
  7. Scissor door conversion

    LOL! Yeah, I think I'm convinced; a little silly on a 4-door. PS--I had never heard of Slicon Valley, but I'll have to check it out; thanks foor the clip
  8. Scissor door conversion

    About 6-8 months ago I came across a CTR YouTube clip that looked amazing and actually started me on the path to buying one. Now, of course, I can't find that vid; but I recall it was a blue car (possibly FK8) filmed at least partially at night and featuring red striping along the lower edges...
  9. Best Factory Color - 2023 FL5 Type R 📸Updated Pics📸

    I found a great poster on etsy (Petrol). I can see I'm in the minority here, but I'm not a fan of the trim not matching the body color. So, black was the only option for me!
  10. What's the best money you've spent on your car that wasn't a power mod?

    Sorry if this is a stupid question and has already been addressed, but what is behind the partially perforated front center ceiling cover?
  11. What's the best money you've spent on your car that wasn't a power mod?

    I've had my car for just over a month and have not attempted any hp or tuning mods, still getting acclimated and just figured out my preferred Individual driving settings. I have replaced my dealership advertising license plate frames with thin-rimmed aluminum ones, replaced 'NitroFill' valve...
  12. factory included tire repair kit

    Has anyone actually had the "opportunity" to use this? I just pulled the unit out of its cubby and I'm somewhat apprehensive about what it would actually do for me in a tire blow out situation--maybe just calling a tow truck, if possible, would be a better option? Also, I know this is slightly...
  13. FL5 vs base 718 Cayman

    A friend of mine got a 2025 718 Cayman around the same time I got my 2026 CTR, which we discovered after the fact. It occurred to me that though these cars are very different and maybe not many people would be cross-shopping them, what if...
  14. Trunk release on remote??

    Thanks for the suggestion. I did check out their website and I'm not sure this would actually be the solution I'm after (no indication the system would be compatible with the key fob hatch release and the addition of physical buttons to lift gate and interior seem too labor intensive to pursue...
  15. Trunk release on remote??

    I just purchased a 2026 FL5, so I'm still getting used to some of the nuances and quirks, but I find it very frustrating for the hatch to not at least pop up when the fob button is pressed. Has anyone found an aftermarket way of addressing this shortcoming?




Top