• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
Unfortunately not as aggressive but we knew this for a while. Hopefully when it is fully revealed whenever that is going to be, they improve it at least a bit because if it truly is the last gas powered CTR, then it's gotta be good, even if it's bad looking it's still worth the upgrade from 10th gen for Wireless carplay alone, not to mention the better updated interior, all the added functionality, wireless charger, Bose sound system, etc

taiso0019

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #4114 | 2022 Veloster N | 2015 TuRD PRO

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Straight from Hondas mouth.

https://hondanews.com/en-US/honda-a...honda-civic-type-r-coming-to-tokyo-auto-salon

" Fresh from testing at the Suzuka Circuit, the all-new Honda Civic Type R will make its first public appearance in prototype form January 14 to 16 at the Tokyo Auto Salon, Japan's premiere high-performance and custom car show. Wearing a special camouflage designed exclusively for Type R, the prototype will also be featured in a new action-packed test-driving video"

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
So they’re most likely going to talk about the track times they were able to put down. Hopefully a little more information about suspension changes and drivetrain too, but I’m not gonna hold my breath. I’m still going to set my expectations way too high though, just to keep myself from crying until release :headbang:

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I assum
So they’re most likely going to talk about the track times they were able to put down. Hopefully a little more information about suspension changes and drivetrain too, but I’m not gonna hold my breath. I’m still going to set my expectations way too high though, just to keep myself from crying until release :headbang:
Looking at the Si, don't expect too much changes. I'd be surprised if it got a 10hp bump.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Wonder if TAS will be live stream. This is high on my bucket list but with Covid kicking around, I'm not sure how long until we can physically attend

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
I assum

Looking at the Si, don't expect too much changes. I'd be surprised if it got a 10hp bump.
Looking at the Si, improvement on driving dynamics alone is worth the price of entry, not to mention the vastly better interior and exterior. The new one doesn't need more power if cooling is properly addressed, which was the primary shortcoming of the 10th gen. Don't care about 0-60. I wouldn't buy a new one with ADM though. If I had 40k now, I'd buy some Ethereum and wait for the chip shortage to subside and buy at MSRP maybe a year from now.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
USA-367, 2011 Civic Si
The Tokyo Auto Salon actually starts tomorrow, Jan 14, not Jan 15. HondaProJason also posted to his social media accounts that January 14th is the new CTR reveal. If I'm not mistaken, Japan is 14 hours ahead of east coast USA, therefore, couldn't tonight we see the new CTR from Tokyo on auto media accounts? (ie 10p ET tonight is actually 12p Tokyo time tomorrow)

Last edited:

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Looking at the Si, improvement on driving dynamics alone is worth the price of entry, not to mention the vastly better interior and exterior. The new one doesn't need more power if cooling is properly addressed, which was the primary shortcoming of the 10th gen. Don't care about 0-60. I wouldn't buy a new one with ADM though. If I had 40k now, I'd buy some Ethereum and wait for the chip shortage to subside and buy at MSRP maybe a year from now.
I agree that bulletproof cooling from the factory would be worth the upgrade. If they can improve the gearbox synchros to eliminate the 2nd gear shifting issues, that would be another insta-upgrade. Finally, I'd be interested if the steering setup is calibrated for 265/30R19 from the factory. When I switched to wider tires on smaller wheels, I lost a ton of turn in feel, and the steering effort lightened substantially (even in +R). I attribute most of this to the fact that the factory EPS is calibrated for the rubber band 20 inch tires.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
This is really intriguing, Honda will either give it a token 20 hp, or leave it the same. I think the car really needs 350 hp to keep close to the Golf R, but there is no way Honda will do that.

It is hard to tell but the front brakes don't look as large as the 10th gen, they might be but I could not tell exactly from the pics. I hope they get the brakes right. Stiffer chassis should see even better handling which is going to be amazing over the 10th gen chassis.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
I think the car really needs 350 hp to keep close to the Golf R, but there is no way Honda will do that.
This. But let's be real, Honda has 3 options: down 5hp like the Si, same 305 at peak or 315-320 at peak.

If both the TLX-S and MDX-S pushes 355 wit a (single?) turbo V6, I doubt Honda will match that on a 2.0L turbo I4 without going awd or hybrid support. But guess we shall see!
Sponsored