• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
1634239119402.png

They're still developing the Elantra N? Not sure why they even bother with the camo, it's been officially unveiled months ago.
Reason as to why it’s still camouflaged is because the Elantra N is being considered for Europe so that’s one thing.

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06
It looks pretty bland compared to the FK8. Also I have no idea how it will be any better at cooling at the track. If anything, I would have thought it looks like it will be worse. At this stage there would have to be some pretty astounding improvements to get me to part with my 2020.

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
It looks pretty bland compared to the FK8. Also I have no idea how it will be any better at cooling at the track. If anything, I would have thought it looks like it will be worse. At this stage there would have to be some pretty astounding improvements to get me to part with my 2020.
Yup keep your fk8 forever. Not going to be a big difference from yours, aside from the minor revisions. They're both going to drive familiarly fun.

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R; 2018 Honda Accord EX-L
The exhaust looks quite different. Still three pipes, but the large pipe is now in the middle with two smaller ones on the left and right.

The FK8 has the larger ones on the left and right with a smaller middle pipe.

The hood 'scoop' looks like an air extractor. That's different from the FK8. The new one is just above the turbo and should suck hot air out through the hood.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Good for us, less demand, less need to be over priced! Please... please don't change your mind later! ?

Regards!

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I'll take what you call bland over something over styled anyday. Some of the simplest designs become timeless. Its a general consensus that last gen Civic was not a attractive car. The awful fake vents and cheap fake carbon everywhere. Lines that seem to be there just to cram more design elements, quantity over quality. Front looks decent but seems like the front and rear were designed by completely different designer and none of the design elements mesh. Also the rear fenders how it cuts off right before the rear doors just looks like an afterthought. Stance also just looks weird to me, the fk8 has huge wheels that has this sunk in offset that makes it look like wagon wheels.

Cars designs follow a trend, overdesign was a fad that is slowing going away with newer cars, Hyundais, BMW and Toyotas all have been guilty of and now they're going back to similar clean designs. Just look at the GR86,

FK9 has that hunkered down a athletic purposeful look, looks like the designers were inspired by the 991 911 GT3 RS with the rear hunches and the wing.

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
Everyone will have their opinions and preferences. One thing that I see happening is that car makers will change design drastically over time to target a slightly different group with different preferences.

Many will love the FK8 for a long time and others that wanted all the FK8 performance but want a different look is getting that from Honda now. I'm one of the ladder. But I'll tell you that I was also very excited each time I saw an FK8 in person because it's just so out of this world and special.

There's also that whole thing where the design will likely grow on many people. Most of the time I don't like the looks of new designs for cars...but after a few years I begin to like Some of them over the older designs that I once preferred. I love the front of this new design, and I'll probably grow to like the rear end too if it doesn't speak to me once it's fully revealed.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
I'm sure some of the exhaust sounds we are hearing in the vid are other cars. Either way, doesn't sound as good as the veloster N.

12:10 Golf R
12:15 Elantra N and CTR

At least it won't be as quiet as the 10th gen.
TBH, I don't think Veloster N's exhaust note itself sounds good. It's just loud and that's all.
Pops and crackles are fun but when they're turned off, it's a fart can.
I'd take it over the 10th gen CTR's stock exhaust tho lol

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
1634239119402.png

They're still developing the Elantra N? Not sure why they even bother with the camo, it's been officially unveiled months ago.
Hyundai likes doing that for some reason. They also have a fully wrapped Electric G80 doing some laps now and that was revealed a while ago as well.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

12:10 Golf R
12:15 Elantra N and CTR

At least it won't be as quiet as the 10th gen.
TBH, I don't think Veloster N's exhaust note itself sounds good. It's just loud and that's all.
Pops and crackles are fun but when they're turned off, it's a fart can.
I'd take it over the 10th gen CTR's stock exhaust tho lol
?Love seeing those Porsches with GT wings flying around the bend. Never gets old.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Looked like a 2 up (driver and passenger) reconnaissance lap. The exhaust note from the first video was more impressive - then I realized it was a thunder clap! But the exhaust note is very nice.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
I'm excited to switch to a catless dp once that becomes available and ofc run some sort of ots race tune

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
I am starting to like this car. Wasn’t at first…. But it’s growing on me.
Sponsored