• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
administrator

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Reviews are starting to roll in! We'll keep updating the first post with links to review articles and videos.

Amazon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Cobalt SS
Motortrend's results are downright lethargic, 7.1 0-60, 15.3 @ 92.8mph? This is the slowest Si since the EP3 and slower than the 10th gen base Civic they tested lol.

I get the Civic is more about economy than the competition, but the GTI gets damn near the same fuel economy, yet is around 2 full seconds faster to 60, traps 105mph, and runs mid 13's. The Si is cheaper, but quite frankly the pricing variance is nowhere near big enough to quantify such a huge gap in performance.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
USA-367, 2011 Civic Si
Prediction: Doug Demuro will bitch about plastic. He always freaks out about any plastic found in Hondas, it's a really odd complaint and stance he takes

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
I watched Savage Geese and The Topher's videos. Sounds like Honda knocked it out of the park! Now dealers are going to be asking $10k over MSRP instead of $5k! ??

But seriously, the reviewers all seem to say it's better in every way than the 10th gen. Most importantly in handling and overall driving fun. Definitely a more refined overall package too.

Maxdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tundra TRD Sport
There are so many variables with 0-60 times, especially with amateur drivers launching the vehicles. I am very enthused about this vehicle.

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2012 Kawsaki Vulcan 900 Custom, 2008 Chevy Silverado
Prediction: Doug Demuro will bitch about plastic. He always freaks out about any plastic found in Hondas, it's a really odd complaint and stance he takes
I still recall his idiotic review of the CTR, its one of the things which actually encouraged me to buy one. Made me wonder if his first love left him for someone with a Civic. Between his laughing about the "3 exhaust pipes" and repeatedly closing the trunk to watch the wing wobble... I saw him review another vehicle a few weeks back, can't recall what it was, but it had 3 exhaust pipes and he said nothing.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Glad Honda makes summer tires available to car reviewers. Wish they existed in real life. When I was shopping for my 2020 I saw like 40 cars and zero had the summer tire option.

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2012 Kawsaki Vulcan 900 Custom, 2008 Chevy Silverado
I watched Savage Geese and The Topher's videos. Sounds like Honda knocked it out of the park! Now dealers are going to be asking $10k over MSRP instead of $5k! ??
The markups are insane. I'm moving soon, was checking out Honda dealers in the area I'm going to - they legit had a CTR for $59k, not even an LE, just a blue CTR. I really hope they don't go too crazy with the Si... I know the dealers are hurting but this market isn't going to be permanent, it's downright silly.

First Name
Luigi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9th Gen Si, 11th Gen SI
Motortrend is usually reliable. However, their review is a straight up hatchet job on the SI. I'm not sure I believe anything their clamouring about. I'll wait and see the comparison tests.

If Mazda 3's or Corrola's start beating the SI in head to head tests, then I know the fix is in. ?

kev2069667

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic EX Sedan
Motortrend's results are downright lethargic, 7.1 0-60, 15.3 @ 92.8mph? This is the slowest Si since the EP3 and slower than the 10th gen base Civic they tested lol.
Redline reviews got an 8 second 60 run, with a driver swap got a 7 second run. The 2nd run had quite a bit of wheel spin too. I think 6.5-6.8 is likely with repeated runs and minimal wheel spin.

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
I still recall his idiotic review of the CTR, its one of the things which actually encouraged me to buy one. Made me wonder if his first love left him for someone with a Civic. Between his laughing about the "3 exhaust pipes" and repeatedly closing the trunk to watch the wing wobble... I saw him review another vehicle a few weeks back, can't recall what it was, but it had 3 exhaust pipes and he said nothing.
My favourite part of that review is Doug talking about all the "stupid non functional aero bits" then commenting about how it feels surprisingly stable at high speed... because the aero is functional lol.

I'm glad the Si seems so much more fun to drive. Even if it is slower than the 10th gen, the Geese drove them both back to back and said that the 11th is much more fun to drive, so I'm quite excited to see owners start pushing the platform.x

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
Redline reviews got an 8 second 60 run, with a driver swap got a 7 second run. The 2nd run had quite a bit of wheel spin too. I think 6.5-6.8 is likely with repeated runs and minimal wheel spin.
yeah I wanna add to this, they had 2 people in the car as well. Not sure what the hell where they thinking about that?
Sponsored