• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

explodingGTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTI
I doubt Doug will even review the Si, he only reviews what he deems are special cars. I think he only reviewed the base 2022 civic due to the popularity of the model.
Sponsored

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Jalopnik review is great, and fantastic photos. Hate when they can't even bother do take their own pictures (Autoblog), did they really drive the car?

Based on the reviews and photos, I think I'd be happy with an 11th gen Si. But I'm aiming for a Type R this time, or GR Corolla, if either is ever sold at MSRP.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
They do exist now, straight from the factory for only $200 more than the all seasons. Mines coming with the HPT summer tread, the only one in my area so far ordered that way out of the 8 my salesman told me (just today) that have been ordered so far. Luckily, I work from home and seldom leave town so dealing with winter isn't a thing I'm worried about at this stage in my life.
They were supposedly an option on the 10th gen. Maybe New England doesn't get them, or maybe cause it was near the end of production (July 2020).

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
They were supposedly an option on the 10th gen. Maybe New England doesn't get them, or maybe cause it was near the end of production (July 2020).
The dealers have to order them that way, or be allocated. Probably dealers in the snow belt don’t opt for summer tires because most customers would prefer all-season. Even in the southeast, most of the Si on dealer lots have AS tires.

VicVal01

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Motor Trend says the 11th gen is a downgrade in pretty much every way. Slower 0-60, longer 60-0, lower average g’s on the skidpad and slower on the figure eight test. Also Ososik did a few runs where the 11th gen had trouble against a 10th gen. We need a side by side comparison. Not sure im convinced on the improved performance yet

dathoneycomb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI coupe rr
Also Ososik did a few runs where the 11th gen had trouble against a 10th gen. We need a side by side comparison. Not sure im convinced on the improved performance yet
We didn’t expect the new one to be faster in a straight line, so I see this being a close race as a good thing, all things considered. The difference is probably going to be felt more with cornering and just a better overall feel. Pretty much every reviewer liked the new SI better than the last one.

The 7s 0-60 seems to be because you can’t quite get to 60 in 2nd and have to shift. That is unfortunate if you’re looking at 0-60 figures, but this is an SI, not a drag strip car.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
The 7s 0-60 seems to be because you can’t quite get to 60 in 2nd and have to shift. That is unfortunate if you’re looking at 0-60 figures, but this is an SI, not a drag strip car.
Keep in mind the 10th gen Si also needed to upshift to third at about 58mph as well. But, the new Si does look to be a solid overall car with some definite improvements in driveability over the 10th.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
The dealers have to order them that way, or be allocated. Probably dealers in the snow belt don’t opt for summer tires because most customers would prefer all-season. Even in the southeast, most of the Si on dealer lots have AS tires.
Which makes no sense cause the Goodyears on my Si are absolutely useless in snow - but I think you're right.

VicVal01

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
We didn’t expect the new one to be faster in a straight line, so I see this being a close race as a good thing, all things considered. The difference is probably going to be felt more with cornering and just a better overall feel. Pretty much every reviewer liked the new SI better than the last one.

Motor Trend says the 11th gen also handles worse than the 10th gen. It did worse on the 60-0, slalom and figure eight track, it couldnt reach the average g’s that the 10th gen did. 10th gen also doesnt reach 60 in 2nd gear, so they’re both the same there

dathoneycomb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI coupe rr
They also said in the same article that those numbers don’t matter because the car feels better to drive. I’d say they do matter a little because they come into the argument when you are trying to justify the increased cost, and previous gen owners will always have something to scoff at with that 7.1 0-60 figure.

We’ll just have to see how it feels to drive. Unfortunately most people won’t get that chance until the car they pre-ordered is delivered.

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
That Smoking Tire review was awesome. Matt Farah has driven practically every exotic under the sun, and he knows how to drive a car fast. You can tell a lot of other YouTube car reviewers don't really have much track driving experience and they mostly just repeat press releases and spec sheets. The fact that Matt likes it is a huge vote of confidence.

Anyway, I'm glad there are so many people that think the 11th gen is a disappointment. Maybe I'll actually be able to get my hands on one!

Amazon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Cobalt SS
They also said in the same article that those numbers don’t matter because the car feels better to drive. I’d say they do matter a little because they come into the argument when you are trying to justify the increased cost, and previous gen owners will always have something to scoff at with that 7.1 0-60 figure.

We’ll just have to see how it feels to drive. Unfortunately most people won’t get that chance until the car they pre-ordered is delivered.
The Motortrend article reads like a damn ad for the Si. Numbers absolutely matter or do people actually feel good about a car taking longer to accelerate and longer to stop than before? People need to stop defending Honda over the Si's 15 year long power stagnation.
Sponsored