• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ethan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T manual
I wish that ugly tablet wasn't there! Hate that all makers assume every driver wants android or apple support!!!
You are in the minority
Sponsored

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Agreed, but i think the sides and rear will look better when it's not one giant blob that's the same color all around

The FK8 didn't look all that hot in camo either
Attach35291_20211004_192818.jpg
Wow you’re right, the camo makes the wing look weird.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Yeah if I can get $42k-43k otd I will be happy. The problem is that this thing is going to be more popular than the last gen IMO. Due to the fact it looks more subdued.
My hope is that with the Integra, Nissan Z, Supra 2.0, and the improved 86/BRZ, Type Rs won't sell for such a premium in 2023-24.

Doubtful, but a guy can dream, right? ??

Jabberwocker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla CE/Taco/Pilot
My hope is that with the Integra, Nissan Z, Supra 2.0, and the improved 86/BRZ, Type Rs won't sell for such a premium in 2023-24.

gr86/brz is an actual improvement but it seems like a lot of people are sleeping on it.

2.0 will have been out for a couple years by then and did not seems to help the Supra

The Z is just a turbo version of the current car with a turbo which will make it heavier than the outgoing model which is already kind of big. Not sure how much it will make a dent maybe I’m wrong.

The CTR will have similar weight power ratio to the 10th gen most likely and similar performance, the draw will be 4 doors and a more conservative styling.

I don’t think getting a 11th gen will be any easier, unless production numbers go way up. Sub MSRP may never be a thing and MSRP itself will be a struggle for the foreseeable future IMO.

lksfstcars

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, Acura RDX

Don't forget that there is a new STI coming with a rumored 400+ horsepower, that alone could help keep greedy dealers in check.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Don't forget that there is a new STI coming with a rumored 400+ horsepower, that alone could help keep greedy dealers in check.
I forgot about that car ?

Because the Impreza booty is no bueno ?

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
unlikely it'll get 400hp. this is subaru. they're a conservative company.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Could cable shown across dash be the obd2 connector access for tuning (hopefully for final OEM tune)?

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Interesting, I like how they’ve toned down the red on this interior.
Although it does feel a little basic, hopefully the plaque will be added on the production model.
Yes, fewer red accents gives a look and feel that is more classy and less "Autozone"

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
I'd like it, but purists would balk at the extra weight
Exactly which I agree is the issue, but that's literally why I just said "if it's too much of a problem offer 2 versions". The way I see it, if "Race purists" care more about .5 miliseconds of a higher 0-60 or whatever, make a BASE model Type-R with the usual stuff and no "luxury" features. Then on a Touring model or something have all the features. Great example is a BMW M5, it has the speed, it has the features, it has the comfort. They can fit it all into one car, so can Honda.

GeezR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Type R, Caterham, VW Touareg, Chevy Volt
The current Type R is good for 3 hot laps on a race track before overheating causes the engine to pull power and quickly enter limp mode(“So there I was on the straight at Mid-Ohio going 20 mph, being passed by cars going 100 mph faster...”).

It looks like this new version may have more air flow into the engine compartment? If not, and limp mode continues to be the default track setting, the changes here are mostly minor and cosmetic.

Similarly, have they fixed the brakes?The current version required after- market brakes for track use.

I speak from (disappointed) personal experience on both of these issues.

Making it a better street car probably increases its appeal for most buyers. But for those of us who believed the track hype for this car, that is not enough.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Making it a better street car probably increases its appeal for most buyers. But for those of us who believed the track hype for this car, that is not enough.
Exactly which I agree is the issue, but that's literally why I just said "if it's too much of a problem offer 2 versions". ...make a BASE model Type-R with the usual stuff and no "luxury" features. Then on a Touring model or something have all the features.
Problem, meet solution

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Agreed, but i think the sides and rear will look better when it's not one giant blob that's the same color all around

The FK8 didn't look all that hot in camo either
Attach35291_20211004_192818.jpg
But it didn’t look off the11th gen looks out of place
Sponsored