• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
I’m going to save my opinions about the looks until the Si+type r are shown. But I’m assuming another small bump in power probably about 10ish hp for the Si and maybe 15ish for the R. This will probably be the last generation of petrol only performance and I expect Honda to transition to full electric/ hybrid nearing the end of civic XI.
Sponsored

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I'm only upgrading if they make an Si hatch. Possibly a Type R if it looks good, I don't mind a toning down of the Type R looks, although the main boy-racer thing is the spoiler and that won't change.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Type R for now will not have AWD. Everyone wishes that but it just won’t happen. The Type R is the greatest FWD performance model on the road.

Now the Acura ILX replacement Type-S will have AWD. It’s supposed to be getting a version of the 2.0T the new Type-R will have. More then likely both models will have DWS which is an amazing thing. The Sedan for me has always been bland in the Civic generations. Ive always liked the Hatchback models better even when Europe had them exclusively.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
God how the hell are they going to make the Si variant look good with body styling like this lmao

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
I'm only upgrading if they make an Si hatch. Possibly a Type R if it looks good, I don't mind a toning down of the Type R looks, although the main boy-racer thing is the spoiler and that won't change.
Personally from the only spy photos we ever got of the Type-R I think it’s going to look so much cleaner then the 10th Gen. I honestly can’t wait to see the 11th Gen hatch in person.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
The new Elantra has a much edgier look.

The media will say how sophisticated and toned down the new Civic styling is and the Elantra will now be considered the way overstyled car.

11th Gen Honda Civic ? Production 2022 Civic Sedan LEAKED! large-42635-2021elantranline-1597327439

I think this is EXACTLY what Honda wanted. At heart, Honda Japan's design language is pretty conservative and the North American designed 10th gen was an outlier for them.

Last edited:

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most the GP who doesn't already own a Civic or Accord, and thus know it well, will have a hard time telling this apart from the 10th gen or the Accord, unless they were sitting side by side. I guess this is to save money on the design process, but seems most manufactures do this now. Or at least Toyota and Nissan certainly do.

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
Most the GP who doesn't already own a Civic or Accord, and thus know it well, will have a hard time telling this apart from the 10th gen or the Accord, unless they were sitting side by side. I guess this is to save money on the design process, but seems most manufactures do this now. Or at least Toyota and Nissan certainly do.
We are past peak car, every manufacturer is trying to streamline because sales are going down YoY of all vehicles in general. They are being pushed to cost cut and reorganize. Honda specifically in 2018 with their CEO transition committed to reorganizing their business units. Particularly calling out things like why in the world do we have 13 buildable models for the Accord, etc. Besides also calling out their suppliers for being wasteful.
The more parts they can reuse between cars, the better for bulk pricing discounts on the manufacturing side.

jrschultz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Manual
Looking forward to seeing what the SI brings. It might be good timing for me when my current lease is up.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Thanks for the pics! Good to see one that actually looks like a production vehicle versus the flashy colored concept car. If you put those flashy colors on a car and take really good pics you can make any car look good. I’m not saying that this one looks bad but I’m just saying that photo creativity has a lot to play with how a car is perceived.

Like all things I think that it’ll take time to warm up to a new model. I’m sure it happens every time a new model comes out. Like someone else mentioned, the 10th generation civic is a bit flashier so we may have gotten used to those looks.

It’ll be nice to see a side-by-side comparison of this new civic with a 10th generation one. Everyone has their own style. Some like subdued while some like an edgier look.

The pictures shown may not be the most flattering pics due to the angles, especially the rear shot. I think it looks like a nice car.

Zavage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6, Honda Accord CU1( Acura TSX 2nd Gen)
I really like the 11th Gen sedan design. The design is more refined and not over exhilarating (or looking like a modern Fiat Multipla e.g. the new elantra).
I would buy it as it is on the pictures. Other wheels, some black design elements and it will look better.

BTW: Chinese can't keep secrets from non-chinese companies.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
The flat lighting here sure as hell isn’t helping the conservative looks of the car. I really like the profile of the car, but the front and rear are snooze city. The Accord looks so much more balanced and aggressive . The upper grille area is especially unattractive.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2022 Civic Touring Sedan
Ya, this is a lock for me on just gonna get a truck and embrace my being almost 50. My son loves the GenX sedan so he can have it/pay a very small family price for it and I will get a Ridgeline.
Sponsored