• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Glad I have a 10th gen sedan! Praying the hatch is better. I think that's the Chinese version.

One little tidbit. The 10th gen had a 220 turbo badge, the 220 representing 220nm of torque. This one has a 240 turbo badge so that's a good sign for a bit more power.

But, man oh man, that styling is blah. Taillights look identical to the Sonata of the last generation.

Last edited:

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
Hmm not a fan of that face but I wasn’t a fan of the 10gen right when it came out either. Maybe it’ll grow on me a bit.

Looks unfinished especially the rear end.

10gen is wild though so maybe it’s toned down too much for me.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Hmm not a fan of that face but I wasn’t a fan of the 10gen right when it came out either. Maybe it’ll grow on me a bit.

Looks unfinished especially the rear end.

10gen is wild though so maybe it’s toned down too much for me.
I feel like when we see the Chinese spec ones it’s always the base model so don’t write it off just yet. The Si one will of course be the best looking for the Sedan.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Just shitty cellphone pics. It'll look a lot better in glamour shots with a proper camera and possibly in real life. Looks the same as the prototype (link) with minor aero and wheel differences. :thumbsup:

In sedan form, slightly longer wheelbase and overall length (than 10th gen). Height and width remain almost identical. Power seems to be the same. Maybe slightly more torque (unconfirmed)?

Length184"4674 mm
Width70.9"1802 mm
Height55.7"1415 mm
Wheelbase107.7"2735 mm
Power trainL15C8 (Engine, turbo)
L15C7 (non-turbo)
1498 cc (displacement)134 kw (180 hp) / 240 nm (177 ft-lb)
95 kw (127 hp) / 180 nm (133 ft-lb)
Note: These specs are for the Chinese market. Not sure if they're the same as other markets.

11th Gen Honda Civic ? Production 2022 Civic Sedan LEAKED! 1615426318821

Oh, China also gets a non-turbo 1.5L good for 127 hp (95kW). Not sure if this will make it to the rest of the world.

11th Gen Honda Civic ? Production 2022 Civic Sedan LEAKED! 1615430520056

Last edited:

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Civic DX, 16 EXT Civic Coupe
The only thing I don't like about the front is the 1 tone body color. No contrast from the chrome or black trim. The rear end is fkn horrible. Couldnt be duller than an amoeba.. Fire the designers. Hope they didn't destroy the hatch rear end.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
These are base models so don’t judge it based on that. Also the White makes it look terrible. Wait till the full reveal.
Keep in mind all you will see at the reveal are base, non-Si model sedans. Plus these obviously aren't actual bottom of the line models based on the fogs and sunroof seen. Si is on hiatus for a year.

Most people who own 10th gens love the more sporty design. These are the typical every other gen Honda Civic dull designs.

Last edited:

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
I like it as a base. Though I don't think the white works on it too well (but many cars look terrible in white due to lack of good accenting imho)

Though since this looks like a baby Accord, it's fun to think that Honda also optioned the Accord for a hatchback but never did it.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
OMG, I think I just threw up a little. That front end..... :eek:

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Looks like the prototype, which looks good, so this is just bad color and bad angles.

The 10th looked awesome in white cause of the flashy design. Plain cars look terrible in white. I think the Si in a better color could look good. Rear needs a big diffuser or something. Hate fat non descript rear ends, it ruins the BMW M2.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Well, it certainly looks like the prototype, for better or worse. I still don't really mind the front end, the back end, is horrendous and boring... the hatch will fix some of this... but sadly not all. The mass market car buyers will love it's homogenous styling.

Too bad they didn't get any shots of the interior, I think that'll be a high point of this generation. I'd also like to see (hope they offer on certain trims) a gloss black version of the lower grill/fog light housing flourish like on the prototype, it would do a lot to elevate the look overall. I'd also like to see the gloss black side sill extensions from the prototype, either standard on the sport/Si trims or at least offered as an option. Given the smattering of what looks like gloss black accessories pictured, Honda might offer some kind of blackout package that we might see as standard on Si/Sport variants if we're lucky.

Honda's have historically almost always looked great in white... this does not... I think the lack of black accents (more so at the rear) don't offer enough contrast to the sea of white to make it look crisp and sharp like other hondas/acuras. However with the addition of the accessories pictured, it would do a lot to give back some of that contrast. I'm sure sportier trims will have a rear diffuser to help (I know the hatch has been seen with one in spy shots).

I had also assumed that honda might bump the 1.5T standard output to current sport hatch levels (180hp), and these spec sheets seem to confirm that. Gives even more reason for the Si to receive a more substantial power bump as well as those performance numbers creep closer and closer together.
Sponsored