• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

StickShiftRoy

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP Sport (sold), 22 BOP Si
Too bad they didn't get any shots of the interior, I think that'll be a high point of this generation.
It should look similar to the new HR-V interior. That's the compact sedan/suv design language for Honda this gen.

11th Gen Honda Civic ? Production 2022 Civic Sedan LEAKED! 2022-honda-civic-prototype-exterior
11th Gen Honda Civic ? Production 2022 Civic Sedan LEAKED! interior_img_01
Sponsored

Last edited:

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
Inverted the HRV because left hand is the best hand

11th Gen Honda Civic ? Production 2022 Civic Sedan LEAKED! hrv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sedan lx
Remember what happened to the 9th Gen when it came after 8th Gen and Honda had to launch X and it had a great response, it is all happening again

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355 2017 Cruze Premier Hatch (BNR Tuned)
I like to keep an open mind, and remember when Chevy redesigned the Cruze, the white one is what China received, and the red one is what we received. Even the interiors are totally different.
11th Gen Honda Civic ? Production 2022 Civic Sedan LEAKED! 16480AA4-9968-4C8F-BB27-FA50A45E947F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX
Just been confirmed now that they are carrying over the 2.0 and 1.5t engine from civicX. Expect a small bump in power for base and lower trims.
I doubt that. Can't find anywhere where it says that. And I do not think Honda would want to keep the K20 after they dropped all naturally aspirated engines in the Accord and CR-V. Honda (at least where I am in Canada) loves to brag about fuel economy, so they may make the new Civic all turbocharged.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I doubt that. Can't find anywhere where it says that. And I do not think Honda would want to keep the K20 after they dropped all naturally aspirated engines in the Accord and CR-V. Honda (at least where I am in Canada) loves to brag about fuel economy, so they may make the new Civic all turbocharged.
They could do this if they offer a detuned/smaller turbo on the new civic. We've already seen in the multiple test mules that some have dual and some have single exhaust outlets... that means they're testing multiple powertrains. I don't disagree with you that the civic may go fully turbo, but something on offer will have only one exhaust outlet... either a detuned 1.5T or one of honda's smaller turbos currently available elsewhere in the world. They may also opt to keep the 2.0 n/a engine for the first half of the new civic's lifespan, and then drop it after the mid-model update.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I like to keep an open mind, and remember when Chevy redesigned the Cruze, the white one is what China received, and the red one is what we received. Even the interiors are totally different.
16480AA4-9968-4C8F-BB27-FA50A45E947F.jpeg
Given that we've seen the patent images and multiple test cars... i wouldn't hold my breath that the US version is going to be vastly different than the Chinese variant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX
They could do this if they offer a detuned/smaller turbo on the new civic. We've already seen in the multiple test mules that some have dual and some have single exhaust outlets... that means they're testing multiple powertrains. I don't disagree with you that the civic may go fully turbo, but something on offer will have only one exhaust outlet... either a detuned 1.5T or one of honda's smaller turbos currently available elsewhere in the world. They may also opt to keep the 2.0 n/a engine for the first half of the new civic's lifespan, and then drop it after the mid-model update.
I definitely agree with the 2.0L may be replaced with a turbo engine at least through a mid refresh. Considering the gas mileage of the non turbo K20 civic is rated at 30 - 38 (the same as an accord with the 1.5 turbo), I just cannot see Honda keeping that engine through this entire generation.

Last edited:

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Wow, looking at 11th-gen engine options, I’ll wait for the inevitable 12th-gen Civic with an Echo Victor powertrain, right after test-driving an Ioniq 6 and Apple Car.

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
https://www.thetorquereport.com/honda/2022-honda-civic-will-use-the-same-1-5l-and-2-0l-engines/

The report on the engines carrying over is here. It was sourced via California's CARB documents for the new civic. There's no technical data on actual horsepower numbers included, just the size of the engines.
There's literally no reason for Honda to invest any further in engine tech. They have committed in Europe to going hybrid and electric only from 2023. That means this may be the last new gasoline car generation for the US as well before they go Hybrid only in the further future. It's safe to assume they are nearly the same as existing engines. This is the finale for Honda's petro era. They are already planning to launch 2 full electric car models in 2024 in NA.
Sponsored

Last edited: