• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I think there's no chance of that in 11th gen, the Si has always been light and cheap. It might make sense in an Acura where they're not so fixated on cost and weight.
As things move further towards electrification and hybrid use it’ll be one of two scenarios. The complete death of a sport Si model, or adaption to the new normal. Hybrid tech isn’t nearly as cost prohibitive as it once was nor does it necessarily add the massive amount of weight it used to. While the Si may forgo these for the 11gen it won’t going forward. I personally would rather see a hybrid Si than none at all. And if it can add power and fuel efficiency at a minor cost increase then IMO its worth exploring to keep sportier offerings on the table.
Sponsored

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
Yea the cost differential on Accord Hybrid is only $1400 from Honda, roughly. So it's quite "cheap" to add. It's even easier now that Hybrids can share the same vehicle chassis as the gas cars.

Toyota has a higher cost differential but it's their brand markup, also I think their system is terrible compared to Honda's newer Hybrid system but that's just personal opinion.

Michael90

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Bad quality in the photos, worst possible color to see the car in, and bad angles.

When we see pro photos in black, grey etc I'm sure it will appeal much better.

That being said it's clear this is a tone down from the very sporty 10th gen, but now at 36 yrs old, I'm okay with that. Excited for a test drive, which should be happening right around when my 10th gen lease is up this May.
Sponsored