• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

crash___

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, CW FL5
hello! this as of me writing this, i have owned this car for two days. a majority of the miles come from me driving home 3 hours from the dealership. i have never done anything related to reviewing cars, so i apologize if this review is ass lol. iā€™ll keep it short, but to the point. feel free to ask questions, i can try to answer. i also have never owned a honda in my life, only toyotas and lexusā€™.

driving:

first of all, this car is pretty damn big in person. itā€™s like an inch longer than the fk8 and itā€™s pretty wide, giving the car such an aggressive stance. the car is also heavier than the fk8. despite all of this, the girth and ā€œweightā€ goes away when you drive. the car feels incredibly nimble and light. there are different steering modes; comfort, sport, and r+. i like to keep it at r+ as it gives weight to the steering and a lot more precise feedback. all modes feel great, comfort just takes away the weight and aggressiveness. never tried sport as of this moment. iā€™ve only driven an fk8 once and honestly donā€™t remember much, so i cannot compare well, but the car is absolutely nuts. i have felt 0 oversteering while pushing the car aggressively (not too much since i still want to break it in), and i have never felt so confident taking bends at 80 mph. i could probably go faster if i had the balls to. i also have 0 complaints about the shifter and clutch feel. the shifter is veryyy narrow and precise, i swear i could orgasm by just shifting the car. the clutch is very easy as well. i had no problems getting home and driving everywhere as itā€™s my first manual car. there are two settings for auto rev-matching; comfort and sport. sport just makes it rev higher and faster. i prefer keeping it in sport. itā€™s pretty damn quick, no complaints for it. compared to the fk8ā€™s rev-matching? itā€™s quicker for sure, but i havenā€™t driven an fk8 in a while so i canā€™t say it with confidence. i also donā€™t like the fake engine noise as well hence i put the exhaust setting on comfort (which disables fake engine noise) and everything on r+ besides suspension and throttle response. the gauge cluster is very cool as well on r+, reminds me of the s2kā€™s cluster. you can see everything from boost pressure, oil pressure, etc.

car is too quiet as well :((

probably my only true complaint has to be the suspension. itā€™s really good when you need it, butā€™s too rough for daily driving. itā€™s too reactive and bumpy even in comfort mode. not punishing, but could wear out a person for a bit. i live in seattle and i know bad roads. road noise floor is also pretty loud, could be the tires, but probably not the main cause of it.

exterior:

i LOVE how wide this car is. in videos and pictures, itā€™s not the most noticeable thing. in-person though, itā€™s very noticeable. iā€™m in love how the door is wider to accommodate the widebody. itā€™s not weird and tacky, like the fk8 as itā€™s ā€œwidebodyā€ is just like a fender flare that anyone could do. in the fl5, itā€™s the actual body panels itself. the only body panel it shares with the normal civic is probably the front doors. i see a lot of complaints about the rear wing, but i like it a lot. very cool to see it in the side and rearview mirrors. build quality is nuts as well.

interior and build quality:

the seats. the seats are the best part of the car. they look amazing and look very race car-like hehe. a bit hard to get in and out, but itā€™s pretty good to daily. they feel amazing, minimal back wear after long drives. they grip the body hard and the bolsters are aggressive while being comfortable. as what you guys have seen in in reviews, the interior is intuitive and is just a great place to be. logR is fun and gimmicky, not gonna explain what itā€™s gonna do since honda has a video on it. (talked about the cluster in driving).

red carpets are also not a distraction, they attract a lot of men.

the carā€™s build quality is definitely a step-up. 0 bodyā€”panel gaps, good paint quality. my car doesnā€™t have orange peel. itā€™s just such a well-built car, comparable to my familyā€™s 2019 rx350 honestly. love how the door has that high-end door weight to it. because itā€™s a little longer than the fk8, the car is an absolute cavern on the inside, especially with the seats down. i can fit all of my girlfriends and gold bars in it with no problem.

the sound system is quite bumpin. it sounds super clear and thereā€™s great balance between bass, treble, and mid (iā€™m not certified to review audio systems, i donā€™t know shit about them). iā€™m not an audiophile, but i would honestly sometimes sit in this car just to listen to music. itā€™s an amazing sounding system. itā€™s also able to drown out the noise-floor and adjust loudness with the carā€™s speed.

conclusion:

so far from me driving from my university and work, itā€™s a super dailyable car. feels like iā€™m driving a bigger fwd go-kart. i know why people call the type rā€™s the 911 gt3 of hatchbacks. amazing engineering and passion flow through this car, i can feel it. iā€™m driving the shit out of this car, i donā€™t care if itā€™s the only one in washington state as of this moment, i bought this car to drive. peopleā€™s opinions on it can also go down the drain, donā€™t let the insecure fk8 owners that only talk shit let you down when you guys get your fl5s haha. this car, imo and i guess factually, is an improvement in every single way. i have many road trips and drives planned for this car. super excited to see what brands like jā€™s racing and seeker can do to this car as well. but for now, iā€™m gonna enjoy it as is. itā€™s amazing.

11th Gen Honda Civic šŸ¤© FL5 Type R Owner Review First Impressions! (after 270ish miles and counting) A1BA67F6-738A-46A0-B353-EE3AC64F05BB

11th Gen Honda Civic šŸ¤© FL5 Type R Owner Review First Impressions! (after 270ish miles and counting) 46A10A8C-94B0-4186-894A-59E68843A01E

11th Gen Honda Civic šŸ¤© FL5 Type R Owner Review First Impressions! (after 270ish miles and counting) 1A3174A8-7B88-48DB-9A66-8ACE474E88CC

11th Gen Honda Civic šŸ¤© FL5 Type R Owner Review First Impressions! (after 270ish miles and counting) 4D7FF89F-E2CD-418A-8294-7F07AF5B393F

11th Gen Honda Civic šŸ¤© FL5 Type R Owner Review First Impressions! (after 270ish miles and counting) 7AF2FFC0-9F83-44FB-B6C2-06A6999E2E47

11th Gen Honda Civic šŸ¤© FL5 Type R Owner Review First Impressions! (after 270ish miles and counting) 8D42FF56-EEE3-4903-A3EE-3007CFDF7603

11th Gen Honda Civic šŸ¤© FL5 Type R Owner Review First Impressions! (after 270ish miles and counting) 3C159690-EA08-44F9-B07B-47024C9D31A8

(i really like kpop if you can't tell lol)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Sounds like an amazing car. Congrats and thanks for the review, even though it would have been easier to read with some grammar. :)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack

Kash338

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Thanks for the review man and congrats on the car as well!

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R; 2024 Honda Civic Touring
Cool. Sounds like you're having a good time with it.
I have a question. Do you find the large infotainment screen distracting? In some of the early release photos it looks huge. How do you like it?

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
that shot from the rear angle...šŸ˜©

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23ā€™ Type R
I don't mind the bumpy stuff. I already drive in "+R" mode at all times; can't turn off. Only thing holding me back on this car is the "quiet" stuff. I hate quiet ..and to make it badass lawnmower loud, I gotta throw $1400+ from the jump. Meh .. I'm just biased. Might just keep my car and add this.

Love your review bro. Funny too

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
AWESOME! How is the interior noise as far as plastics and rattle?

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
does adjusting the exhaust to comfort or sport removes the fake noise or does it also affect the performance meaning exhaust flow is more restrictive ?

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi RS6, 2022 VW GTI
Thanks for the review. Best wishes on your new ride. Very jealous šŸ˜® šŸ˜
Sponsored