• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

10th gen Si previous owner considering 11th gen for wife

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Acura TSX Tech Sedan - Hers, 2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Mine
Hello, all. I owned a 2020 Si for about a year and did the a few bolt-ons and Phearable Tune shortly after it was released. I was also the guy who did a few dyno runs trying to compare the numbers. Anywho....I traded it for a Lexus GS350 and traded that this past may for a total change - a 2021 Tacoma TRD Off Road manual transmission.

My wife has a 2020 Acura ILX which is certainly an "okay" car for her but being based on the 2 gens ago Civic platform, it rides pretty darn rough and crashes over. bumps. We're looking at replacing it for her come Spring 2022 as we also want to look at the Sport Touring hatchback. I think the white Sport Touring hatch with blacked out window trim is really nice looking car for presumably around $30K or so. Unfortunately, she will insist on the automatic.

Anyway, I just found this forum while doing some research and wanted to log in again after my absence from trading my 2020 Si.

*Pics of my Si and my current truck

11th Gen Honda Civic 10th gen Si previous owner considering 11th gen for wife tempImageC5jGdw

11th Gen Honda Civic 10th gen Si previous owner considering 11th gen for wife A1FEE1F4-A2AE-46C8-A7B2-F9F7EA7A118A
Sponsored

Ethan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T manual
Honestly, the Mazda 3 Turbo Sedan is really nice and loaded for $30k. 250hp and AWD.

mammamia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Honestly, the Mazda 3 Turbo Sedan is really nice and loaded for $30k. 250hp and AWD.
I have looked at a fair amount of quotes and you won't get the Turbo with AWD for $30k in this market - probably $33k minimum.

It is a great-looking car in both sedan and hatchback though I have heard it's more "nice and premium" feel more than "snappy/stiff and sporty" both in the transmission and the suspension, though I think that's something most people do not notice or even prefer.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Has your wife taken a spin in a Kia Soul? She might like it because the seats are a lot higher plus a lot more storage space.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
11th gen rides nice over bumps. It’s not a Mercedes nice, but it’s certainly a lot better than my 19’ si so I have an idea where you’re coming from. I live in an area with bad streets so i deal with bumps/cracks/potholes on a daily basis. Wife got an EX and the 17’s ride well over them. I would say test drive the new civic. Is it slower than the 10th gen, sure. But it rides and handles better than one.
Sponsored