• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I do believe the Hybrid drivetrain is standardized on the same 2.0L engine so it is here to stay as long as it sells in the Civic. It probably has some sort of cost/benefit for them.
That explains it, they have to keep volume up on that engine if it’s used in hybrids.
Sponsored

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Honda has already said the Hatchback (certain trims) SI and Type R will offer the manual. The sedan will be CVT only (except the SI of course) the document from California that revealed the 2022 Civic's engines only show a CVT.

All of the information on trim levels/colors we are seeing are for the sedan. We won't know the acutal colors for the Hatchback or its trim levels until closer to its release date which is said to be in the fall. I expect the Sport and perhaps the Sport Touring Hatch to offer a 6MT option as is current offered now. Even the current 2021 Civic Sedan is automatic only, even in Sport trim.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Also, Honda hasn't said (that I know of) that the hatchback will be offered in SI trim (it should be) but I'd suspect that if the Sport Touring Hatch keeps the stick shift, we won't see a SI hatch...the SI is likely keeping the 1.5t since the Sport still only offers the 2.0L (at least in sedan trim) I'd think a Sport Touring 6MT and a SI Hatch would be too close to each other. It would be wonderful if Honda just offered the SI with the 2.0t since the accord no longer offers the 6mt/2.0t combo.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Also, Honda hasn't said (that I know of) that the hatchback will be offered in SI trim (it should be) but I'd suspect that if the Sport Touring Hatch keeps the stick shift, we won't see a SI hatch...the SI is likely keeping the 1.5t since the Sport still only offers the 2.0L (at least in sedan trim) I'd think a Sport Touring 6MT and a SI Hatch would be too close to each other. It would be wonderful if Honda just offered the SI with the 2.0t since the accord no longer offers the 6mt/2.0t combo.
I think an Si hatch would outsell a Sport Touring 6mT hatch.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
I think an Si hatch would outsell a Sport Touring 6mT hatch.
No doubt about it! I agree with you 100 percent...Yet which one is Honda currently building? A Sport Touring 6MT. Perhaps since the hatchback will be built in NA now, we might be able to get an SI hatch this go round. Honda has been very very vague about rather the SI will be offered in any form outside of the sedan.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Another possibility, in regards to the hatch, is that the touring will just be touring this time, rather than sport touring. That just leaves the 2.0L sport offered with manual option. And the possible Si hatch to be the manual 1.5t option. Since Honda seems to be big into scaling back on trim variations and with hatch production moving to NA this seems like a possibility. The trim levels between the hatch and sedan would mirror one another other than the hatch sport trim offering a manual. This also raises the possibility, without a sport touring hatch on offer, of an auto option for the Si for those that otherwise would’ve gotten an auto sport touring.

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport (6MT)
So am I seeing this right? Forgive me if I'm not, but it looks like the Sport trim will have a 2 liter 5 cylinder?

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Probably just the designation for the engine with an extra 5 hp.
exactly. Probably just a tuning difference to make a touch more power. Similar to how the 1.5t has a different code based on its use in regular/sport/si and other models.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Sure hope that is true.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX
Exterior & Interior Color Options

EX (1.5T)
  • Aegean Blue w/ Black
  • Lunar Silver w/ Black
  • Meteorite Gray w/ Black or Gray
  • Morning Mist w/ Black
  • Platinum White w/ Black or Gray
  • Rallye Red w/ Black

Touring (1.5T)
  • Aegean Blue w/ Black
  • Crystal Black w/ Black
  • Lunar Silver w/ Black
  • Morning Mist w/ Black or Gray
  • Platinum White w/ Black or Gray
  • Rallye Red w/ Black
  • Sonic Gray w/ Black

LX (2.0) L4
  • Aegean Blue w/ Black
  • Chrystal Black w/ Black
  • Lunar Silver w/ Black
  • Platinum White Pearl w/ Black or Gray
  • Rallye Red w/ Black

Sport (2.0) L5
  • Aegean Blue w/ Black
  • Crystal Black w/ Black
  • Lunar Silver w/ Black
  • Meteorite Gray w/ Black
  • Platinum White w/ Black
  • Rallye Red w/ Black
  • Sonic Gray w/ Black

Note: EX-L Trim will be discontinued
No more Modern Steel Metallic? Wtf Honda?

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
No more Modern Steel Metallic? Wtf Honda?
Simple, color choices are going to based on sales forecasts. They apparently don't see it selling enough to justify the expense.

I suspect Meteorite Gray however is the substitute dark grey color that they think is more appealing.
Sponsored