• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

///CivicR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Looks like a $450 price increase for lowest entry point, compared to the 2021 LX sedan.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
The LX got the largest price increase of all the trims. The Touring remained the same compared to the 2021. Safe to assume the Si will slot into that large gap between the EX and Touring at around $26,200 give or take a few hundred.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Touring seems like a better deal than for 10th gen. $23,100 seems like a lot of a 2.0L Sport - hopefully the hatch Sport will get the 1.5T and a manual.

fjrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 door LX with CVT
Pushbutton start without smart entry seems a bit strange. You've got to access your fob to open the locked door but you don't need it to start the engine.

It's all good if the door isn't locked. Keep the fob in your pocket.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not surprising the LX got the biggest bump... given that it has gained quite a few new features over the 2021... touch screen, AA/AC, push button ignition, LED headlights, etc etc.

However... the fact that the Touring remains the same price as the 21' despite it's new "premium features" like the larger touch screen, digital gauge cluster, bose audio, means that in retrospect Honda is spending no more on those features than they did for the features on the 2021 Touring assuming they've kept their profit margins the same, which honestly just shows that their choice not to trickle at least a couple of those features down to the much less appealing EX trim (despite it's price increase over the 2021, and yet somehow losing features like fog lights) just rubs me the wrong way.

Michael90

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Looks like the best bang for your buck is with the Sport. I just wish it had regular alloys and not those Fast and the Furious looking blackout wheels. Can't really get away with driving something like that anymore at my old age ?

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
It's not surprising the LX got the biggest bump... given that it has gained quite a few new features over the 2021... touch screen, AA/AC, push button ignition, LED headlights, etc etc.

However... the fact that the Touring remains the same price as the 21' despite it's new "premium features" like the larger touch screen, digital gauge cluster, bose audio, means that in retrospect Honda is spending no more on those features than they did for the features on the 2021 Touring assuming they've kept their profit margins the same, which honestly just shows that their choice not to trickle at least a couple of those features down to the much less appealing EX trim (despite it's price increase over the 2021, and yet somehow losing features like fog lights) just rubs me the wrong way.
Its complicated I think. Features like LED headlights going into 4x more cars cuts the cost of the Touring. Also the material costs have gone up like $1000 on a car so Honda might be eating the added costs instead of passing them on (which they’ll do later probably).

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL

They are making bank on the trims that'll sell more i.e lx and sport. Especially when you factor in the new stuff is actually old carryovers for the accord which let's them whittle down costs a bunch(the non touring cluster is the from the accord, the infotainment is an uprev from the accord)

They also cut out the radar which is easily a few hundred dollars they can put elsehwere, etc.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its complicated I think. Features like LED headlights going into 4x more cars cuts the cost of the Touring. Also the material costs have gone up like $1000 on a car so Honda might be eating the added costs instead of passing them on (which they’ll do later probably).
I could definitely see the trickle down come time for the mid model updates, at least to the EX trim. Both in price increases over the next 5-6 years of the cars lifespan, as well as some of the features trickling down, which happened after the 10th update when they moved the touchscreen down to the sport models.

Michael90

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
I could definitely see the trickle down come time for the mid model updates, at least to the EX trim. Both in price increases over the next 5-6 years of the cars lifespan, as well as some of the features trickling down, which happened after the 10th update when they moved the touchscreen down to the sport models.
Does anyone know what the original MSRP was on an EX from 2017? I've been a little out of the loop since getting mine back in 2017.

So the EX has "grown" in terms of what it has and its price? My 2017 for example doesn't have any heated seats/mirror or dual zone AC. I'm seeing $24,700 for 2022. I don't think my 2017 was anywhere near 24.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know what the original MSRP was on an EX from 2017? I've been a little out of the loop since getting mine back in 2017.

So the EX has "grown" in terms of what it has and its price? My 2017 for example doesn't have any heated seats/mirror or dual zone AC. I'm seeing $24,700 for 2022. I don't think my 2017 was anywhere near 24.
It's complicated because the pre-refresh EX was a lower trim than the EX-T that was offered with the turbo and additional features. After the update, the EXT became the new EX and they added the Sport Trim in place of the old EX. So the sport trim is closer (price wise and feature wise) to compare to a pre-refreshed 10th gen EX. The current post refresh EX is closer to the 11th gen EX in theory (even though it lost fog lights). So it'll seem like a big price jump seeing your 17' EX versus the 21' or 22' EX. If that makes sense.

Compared to your EX, the new EX has grown in price and features substantially. But compared to my 19' EX, its barely changed. If you want more of an apples to apples comparison, compare your EX with the current Sport trim.

For reference, my 2019 EX coupe stickered for like $23,200 I think or there about. So compared to the 11th gen, almost $2000 over the last 3 years price increase.

Michael90

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
@RobbJK Thanks. Do you know if the sport will have an option to come in more traditional alloys instead of the blackouts?

ResortCasual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
As a 2016 Touring owner, I have somewhat XI Touring envy...
  • Better sound system in theory (not saying much compared to 2016 sound system)
  • Wireless charging
  • Wireless CarPlay (!!)
  • Parking sensors
  • Paddle shifters
  • Homelink (!!)
  • Sunglass holder (!!)
  • USB ports in the back seat (!!)
Doubt I can justify an upgrade to the family but I might try.