• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatchback
First time poster from CivicX... These photos could be dated 1999 and I wouldn't blink. I owned a '99 Accord EX and it had fresher styling lines than this 11th gen Civic.

I'm not saying the 10th gens didn't have their styling miscues but at least the styling was fairly bold and pushed the envelope for what an daily driver driver ought to look like. It wasn't pedestrian nor exotic but people noticed the car.

Sorry, Honda, I think you missed on this latest generation. I'll still wait to have a look a the hatch version when it comes out but I definitely don't have the same enthusiasm like I did before the 10th gen release.
Sponsored

CivicVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Silverrascal. I feel the exact same . I mean look at that Sentra on the first page. It is a complete rip off of the current Civic's front end. I feel as if Honda made other manufacturers take note of this past generation and set a new standard for the segment. They have ALL stepped up their game and then Honda totally reverses course and waters this new generation down. Big time. They are so out of step with themselves. They could have easily evolved this generation into something really nice and they didn't. I have a 2016 Touring and as of right now I have no desire to get this new Civic. It is just bland af. I felt as if the current generation was a sales success and I cannot help but feel like this new one is going to take a hit on sales. At least in the US.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Guys, this is what I've been saying from day one. I think Honda Japan has made the calculated gamble that the amount of Civic enthusiasts who are turned off by the grandma styling of the 11th gen will be vastly out numbered by moms and pops who think the new sedan is "just right".

It's a perfectly acceptable design. It will mechanically be excellent. But it's no longer a trendsetter with sporty and unique styling. Even the upright stance screams "conservative".

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic sedan spotted outside production plant unnamed

It has a comforting familiarity to it
Sponsored