• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Hello,
We just picked up our 2022 Civic Si and took it over to our dyno for a baseline. The 11th gen Civic top end is a big difference!

Click the link to see the results!

From Motor1 article:

"On paper, the 2022 Civic Si has a peak power of 200 horsepower (149 kilowatts) and 192 pound-feet (260 Newton-meters), which is down by five ponies compared to its predecessor. A new video from Hondata on YouTube shows that the actual output of the 1.5-liter turbocharged engine is 222.31 hp (163.5 kW) versus 201.33 hp (148.07 kW) measured on the dyno. Sure, the 10th generation Civic Si couldā€™ve lost a few ponies during the years but the difference is about 10 percent nevertheless."
Sponsored

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2022 Civic Touring Sedan
Looks like it does, but it loses quite a bit of features unless you are from Canada
Ya, you all got screwed on this one. I watched a first impressions drive yesterday and they were very impressed with the new Si. If thing play out right, I might actually get one in the next couple years. The clincher is if my son ends up wanting to take over my 22 Touring after he is out of college.

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Iā€™ll admit I am happy to see Honda underrated the engine. In my 10th gen last night in freezing temps, I donā€™t think my backside would agree that being annoyed at taking away seat warmers and dual zone climate while paying significantly more money is petty.

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV, 2023 Civic Sport Touring (6MT)
9 am is the end of the review embargo so I'm sure we will see all those drop very soon.

jpn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp
Canadian models had better 10th gen si's too, CANDM had touring LED headlights, USDM only had halogens until last couple model years.

Better mechanic features is more valuable than convenient features. :)

(EUDM 10th gen civics (not si) had headlight washers, parking sensors, clearance backup sonars and more.)

Amazon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Cobalt SS
That's a pretty substantial increase actually. Looks like Honda is joining the Audi/VW/BMW crowd in power rating their engines. I know a lot of people were concerned it would be slower than the 10th gen, but even with the slight weight increase, I'd wager this new model will still be quicker.

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 RSX-S, '18 NSX, '21 TLX-S, '22 RDX ASpec
Unless the Civic Si somehow has a massively different valvetrain configuration from the non-Si L15 and Accord L15, not quite. They never engage VTEC at WOT, so it wouldn't matter.

Without seeing a log, I'm going to guess the difference is more ignition or more boost up top.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
That'll make the si hatch... Er... Integra all the more tempting for me

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Heated seats make my back sweat. If that's your jam then good for you. I think complaining about it being gone is silly, but hey I'm an old man who grew up on a farm working outside year around so some people ideas of what it takes to face adversity in life is different than others I guess. I also don't buy $5 coffee and keep my home's thermostat set at 65 in the winter. Some of us were born quite a bit tougher than others, and it shows these days in what I see as "complaints".
To each his own. Best wishes to you.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Nice! Looks like they've laid down the groundwork in this engine to be able to pull off the (heavier) new Integra...

NJSi19

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Between this and seeing the reviews, this 2022 Si might be the new king of G-Street in Autocross.
Sponsored