• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2022 Hatchback Window Louvers

AshSerigala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11-Gen Honda Civic Hatchback Sport-Touring
Heya! I've been debating for awhile, what I want to do with those tiny windows in the rear. Honestly I never use them while driving, as you really cannot see anything out of them, aside like 3 inches of a vehicle that is seen better from the side main windows or the rear window. From the outside, I just find it sorta silly how its this BIG sheet of glass with mostly black covering it. Its like 30% is an actual window...weird!

Well, That said. I figured either a vinyl decal will go there, or window louvers. After some months, someone on ebay finally sells them for the hatchback, that actually FIT the hatchback. The sedan has a different shaped window.

I've yet to commit to keeping them. I just tossed one on for a couple photos and took it off since I have an appointment to tint my windows next week, and I don't want them going "Why are we tinting a covered window?" If I decide to reject the louvers.

I dont think they look too bad? I feel if I install window guards (Which deletes the chome above the doors ) Things will blend in. I also want to delete the chrome around the louvers. Honestly, I hate chrome...it just feels old, something I like on oldskool cars, not modern cars. I'm all for matte..down the road I wouldnt mind bronze rims..Glossy black / chrome is just .. Its nice, but not my vibe.
11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Hatchback Window Louvers 1684536507192

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Hatchback Window Louvers photo_2023-05-19_15-19-56
But yeah! Now if you ever wanna know what window louvers look like on the 2022 hatchback..now ya know. Will I keep them? No idea. They do fit very nice. No big gaps or anything. Very happy with the fitment I feel it looks a little better than a big chunk of glass with a 3" window in it..I wouldnt put louvers on the rear window. Thats just way over the top. Something like these feels tame and not overly out there...Thoughts? I know each to their own, shouldn't build my car off other's opinions..but xD
Sponsored

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Tint your windows. That’s the cleanest looking and best overall way to go. The louvres just don’t fit the design of the car. To me, just my opinion, they only truly work on a few era-correct muscle cars. In your case…maybe they wouldn’t look as out-of-place if your windows were tinted?

MrMari

First Name
Marian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 and FK8
Heya! I've been debating for awhile, what I want to do with those tiny windows in the rear. Honestly I never use them while driving, as you really cannot see anything out of them, aside like 3 inches of a vehicle that is seen better from the side main windows or the rear window. From the outside, I just find it sorta silly how its this BIG sheet of glass with mostly black covering it. Its like 30% is an actual window...weird!

Well, That said. I figured either a vinyl decal will go there, or window louvers. After some months, someone on ebay finally sells them for the hatchback, that actually FIT the hatchback. The sedan has a different shaped window.

I've yet to commit to keeping them. I just tossed one on for a couple photos and took it off since I have an appointment to tint my windows next week, and I don't want them going "Why are we tinting a covered window?" If I decide to reject the louvers.

I dont think they look too bad? I feel if I install window guards (Which deletes the chome above the doors ) Things will blend in. I also want to delete the chrome around the louvers. Honestly, I hate chrome...it just feels old, something I like on oldskool cars, not modern cars. I'm all for matte..down the road I wouldnt mind bronze rims..Glossy black / chrome is just .. Its nice, but not my vibe.
1684536507192.png

photo_2023-05-19_15-19-56.jpg
But yeah! Now if you ever wanna know what window louvers look like on the 2022 hatchback..now ya know. Will I keep them? No idea. They do fit very nice. No big gaps or anything. Very happy with the fitment I feel it looks a little better than a big chunk of glass with a 3" window in it..I wouldnt put louvers on the rear window. Thats just way over the top. Something like these feels tame and not overly out there...Thoughts? I know each to their own, shouldn't build my car off other's opinions..but xD
In the wheel spacers thread for FL5, there is a blue FL5 with those window louvers and Mugen window visors. That actually look awesome! Didn`t like window louvers before, but that's definitely a good look on the 11th gen civic hatchbacks.

Do you have a link for those window louvers you have?

OP
OP
AshSerigala

AshSerigala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the wheel spacers thread for FL5, there is a blue FL5 with those window louvers and Mugen window visors. That actually look awesome! Didn`t like window louvers before, but that's definitely a good look on the 11th gen civic hatchbacks.

Do you have a link for those window louvers you have?
Car Window Louver Shutter Trim For 2022 2023 HONDA CIVIC Hatchback Matte Black | eBay

Got mine from here. Yeah, I know Honda makes window visors that are smooth plastic all the way through the design. Saw some others that have notching to them on MikStore. Sorta just taking my time and letting the market grow. Slowly more and more little things come out. I do prefer the looks with matte-black chrome deletes on the sides...thats a fact. Even without visors, It's just a much sharper look than that mirror chrome.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Tint your windows. That’s the cleanest looking and best overall way to go. The louvres just don’t fit the design of the car. To me, just my opinion, they only truly work on a few era-correct muscle cars. In your case…maybe they wouldn’t look as out-of-place if your windows were tinted?
Well said, has 70’s chevy monza vibes.

OP
OP
AshSerigala

AshSerigala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was looking at this post the other day and then I came across these afterwards. It's gloss black though instead of matte. https://swaautosports.com/collectio...s-racing-style-triangular-window-glass-blinds
Honestly, I still haven't 100%commited to the louvers. I still got them around and tried holding them up to the car to see how things look with the 20% tint and chrome-trim deleted. Though it "blends" better now, I still find myself sorta disliking the slightly-off black color ( easier to see in person ) and the fact it obviously looks like aftermarket plastic taped on.

I couldn't do gloss black, but that's simply because I dislike chrome and dislike gloss-black more than chrome. Always preferred the matte/satin look..some gloss-black in moderation, at best. So far though, Chances are I'm just gona leave them off and end up using those useless windows for a decal. They're not terrible. I do love louvers on cars. But I'm not getting the "Omg that looks AMAZING" vibe that would make me keep them on, if that makes sense. I had that reaction with the tint+chrome-delete.
11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Hatchback Window Louvers 1693823410894

Bighat

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EX-L Civic Hatchback
Honestly, I still haven't 100%commited to the louvers. I still got them around and tried holding them up to the car to see how things look with the 20% tint and chrome-trim deleted. Though it "blends" better now, I still find myself sorta disliking the slightly-off black color ( easier to see in person ) and the fact it obviously looks like aftermarket plastic taped on.

I couldn't do gloss black, but that's simply because I dislike chrome and dislike gloss-black more than chrome. Always preferred the matte/satin look..some gloss-black in moderation, at best. So far though, Chances are I'm just gona leave them off and end up using those useless windows for a decal. They're not terrible. I do love louvers on cars. But I'm not getting the "Omg that looks AMAZING" vibe that would make me keep them on, if that makes sense. I had that reaction with the tint+chrome-delete.
1693823410894.png
I think they're cool as heck. I have some on order myself. I also ordered the matt black to more match the window pillar. I like the blackout chrome on yours but I don't mind some chrome either. I've been looking for a louver for the rear but like you said above, that may be a little overkill. It's not a 70 Mach 1. It's the wifes car anyway and the grandson told her the other day that she'd be "Riden Dirty" when she gets her rear spoiler on. It's a song, not what I was thinking.

ClarkDX

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R