• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2022 Honda Civic Si Trim to possibly feature Smart Key Card?

11GenImUnsure

First Name
11thGen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
First prevailing in youtube videos showcasing the overseas 2022 Honda Civic RS, it is in high hopes that the stateside counterpart will receive the same gift of what Honda calls a "Smart Key Card" !!!

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Honda Civic Si Trim to possibly feature Smart Key Card? 1628609655558

Here's a video:

Shown here is 2022 Civic RS in a beautiful red color feared to be exclusive to the overseas market. Be sure to view the mysterious "Honda Card" at time frame 8:28. The presenter seems to say "key card" but I am not certain. All credit to OP via Youtube.

Sponsored

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if the touring model civic doesn't have this, the Si isn't getting it. It could be something honda is testing for future use... maybe a mid model update feature...

I'm not even sure what the real purpose/benefit of this is, other than to do exactly what the regular key fobs already do (without the added benefit of a physical key hidden inside). Sure it's thinner than a key fob... but dimensionally it's larger. As someone who keeps my key fob in my front pocket most of the time, sitting down with a small but thicker fob is better than a larger thinner card.