• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
We can’t go based off of the normal cvt/6Mt out right now because if it’s anything like the 10th gen si, it’s going to use a different turbo. Even if it’s a tad bit slower let’s say 10-15whp. The powertrain and interior changes are still better. People are still going to tune it regardless.
The 10th gen SI and non-SI'are both running a TD025 afaik. The SI's turbo's have a different exducer (11 vs 9 fin) though.

edit:
The fact the press release has so few details on the SI motor is also very concerning. the 10th SI press release gave more of a breakdown on motor differences (piston differences, turbo differences, etc). You have to remember, press releases are nothing more than marketing fluff. If they mention or fail to mention something, it is for a reason.
Sponsored

Last edited:

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
I was already moving on to the Integra, but if I wasn’t the removal of heated seats and mirrors, and dual zone climate would be absolute deal breakers. Just trying to break up all that boring talk lol, just real issues I have with the 11th. I wonder if it is supply chain issues.
Same here. Also that weird split instrument cluster. I want my tach front and center.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
Will be at SEMA next week to check these cars out in person. More specifically the HPD versions. Let me know what you guys want to know or check out about the car? I'll be sure to ask the Honda excutives all about it.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
How about why they put in 2 speedo's? I still don't understand why there is a digital AND analogue speedo when they could have just used a full digital cluster that shows way more vehicle info.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Honda Civic Si World Debut! ? 2022-honda-civic-si-208-1634579634-

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Maybe it is a safety backup to be analog in case the digital screen doesn't work for some reason ... ???

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
The only thing analog on the 8th was the tach. I'm guessing the 9th was the same as all they really changed was the engine.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
How about why they put in 2 speedo's? I still don't understand why there is a digital AND analogue speedo when they could have just used a full digital cluster that shows way more vehicle info.

2022-honda-civic-si-208-1634579634-jpg.jpg

.... This isn't an uncommon setup by any means. Mustangs, Camaros, etc.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
8th, 9th, and 10th gen all had just digital speedo display. Makes no sense.
Maybe just to make everyone happy? When they redesigned the Accord, from 2018-2020 it only had a traditionally speedo without a number readout, and it got a lot of pushback, to the point that they added the number on the mid-cycle refresh. (Personally, I strongly prefer seeing the number rather than just a dial). I love the display on my 10th gen, with the number in the number in the middle.

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Even my Sport Touring Hatch has a digital AND analog style speedo. I wish I could put something else in place of the analog style speedo as two speed readouts are redundant.
Sponsored