• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 MGB, 2007 Mustang
A few wins that haven’t been mentioned:
* Matt black wheels (as apposed to glossy on sport, according to roadshow )
* No chrome above doors

The biggest con to me at the moment is the digital tach. I hope the refresh rate/delay isn’t too slow otherwise you have to only shift by sound. Would have much rather had a digital speedometer and analog tach…

I also will greatly enjoy all of the handling improvements more than horsepower. I rarely have a chance to accelerate hard but almost always have a chance to have fun around corners.
Sponsored

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
I think the Integra rained on the Si's parade. It's the only thing that explained the HP drop - if the Integra is like 215-220 hp to justify the $5k premium.
Cant wait to see how the neuter the Accord and CRV next too

Ortivt6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic SI
Ok let’s recap:
Less horsepower
No heated seats
No dual A/C adjustment
No adaptive suspension
Heavier
No difference in body or wheels over regular civic
More money
Base cluster not 10in from touring
No drive mode graphics like 10gen

Did I miss anything else???

fyi 10gen si does have heated seats, dual a/c and adaptive suspension.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Ok let’s recap:
Less horsepower
No heated seats
No dual A/C adjustment
No adaptive suspension
Heavier
More money

hopefully its under 25k because otherwise its unacceptable. For nearly 30k, all those plus a 2L turbo from the accord is what should've been included.

KIKUTWO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Golf R
The SI has always cost less than the Touring or Sport Touring. Those cars have much more equipment leather etc. The SI is basically an EX With a slightly better engine. I dunno why im so disappointed. But I am.
So then how will they sell a 30k car with less HP and less TQ than this?

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
1) LULZ to the people complaining about missing 5HP, but also not caring that its better low end TQ and holding peak power longer up top than the last car. Guess they only know how to brag about peak numbers and have no idea what a Power Band is.

2) People blaming Integra seem to forget the Si engine is usually the BASE Integra engine. So why would they hamper it? The Type-S is going to likely have the 272HP 2.0T that Acura uses. Making the SI or base Integra 220HP would NOT hurt that in ANY way. In fact it would only serve to HELP both cars in their respective markets.
All things that were addressed with a $500 tuning solution on 10th gen? It’s clear Honda is intentionally neutering the Si to make the Integra seem more desirable.

Brendan

First Name
PwPSi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Ok let’s recap:
Less horsepower
No heated seats
No dual A/C adjustment
No adaptive suspension
Heavier
More money

So it looks like they did not include the wireless charger in this pre-production model. I’m hoping that the heated seats or even dual zone are added to the actual production model. I’m going to guess that won’t happen because they didn’t announce either of those things in the release description, as they did for the wireless car play

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
My sentiment exactly. What a waste of a redesign; the only thing I see that I wish I had from my 2020 is the rev matching.
And even with the rev matching in place, i'd still disable it since i'm already accustomed to doing it on my own.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
So then how will they sell a 30k car with less HP and less TQ than this?
Theyve been selling them with no problem since 2017 or so. Everybody buying a Civic isnt looking for HP.

ajsti246

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S209, AMG GLC43, Giulia Ti-Sport
Nice interior! Love the seats! Exterior needs more aggressive look!

loslalane

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
So it looks like they did not include the wireless charger in this pre-production model. I’m hoping that the heated seats or even dual zone are added to the actual production model. I’m going to guess that won’t happen because they didn’t announce either of those things in the release description, as they did for the wireless car play
Who knows it's a Canadian vs. USDM thing they say nothing about moonroof either but we see it in the pics. The owner's manual says theres a Manual transmission model with the 10.2 B-type meter. Might just be the Canadian version. Heated seats/steering wheel dual zone climate and wireless charger. Ohh well I'm in FL. I'm definitely getting top dollar on my 2020 Si.