• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Yes the Si engine will be the Base Integra’s engine but they decreased the power instead of increasing because of the Integra coming in. If the Integra wasn’t in the picture I’m sure the Si would have 220 HP. As of right now it seems like the Integra is hindering the Civic portfolio throughout each model from base sedan to Si. Type R and Type S though will be different. I don’t see Honda decreasing the Type R version.
I don't know about that. The leak from a few weeks ago mentioned that the Integra would have 200hp. At the time we had assumed they were just rounding down but now I am not so sure since the SI went down to 200hp.
Sponsored

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Really wonder why Canada gets those features and we don't...
Probably because the Si is made in Canada so the money spent on US Tariffs get them more features.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
The thing we want is more power. Still gotta void the warranty for that. Not that it concerns me too much (the warranty that is) but not much exciting me about this car.
Honda's answer to that is clearly you should get a Type-R then. I wont be amazed if the new CTR either has to make less power, or its going to make less than Honda initially wanted it to.

Look at the cars in competition with the Si, they make like 20-30hp more(ignoring the whole under/over rating power game OEMs play), but they also weight about 200-300lbs more. So, on paper the Si should be right in line or close to its competition.

Look at other cars around. the Mustang GT just lost 10HP due to new CARB emissions more auto makers are focusing more on handling than power. Chevy is focusing more on handling than power in the new Vette. The Mach1 is basically a Bullitt with a massive handling package. Everyone is focusing more on handling now more than raw power while companies wait to see how emissions/hybrid/CARB plans play out.

Jabberwocker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla CE/Taco/Pilot
We haven’t seen how this thing performs yet, but with the additions of vtec exhaust this thing will be just as good if not better in performance than the 10 gen si, people complaining about weight. It’s 50lb more. I’m not getting rid of my 10th gen si coupe for one. But I think these things with a tune are going to be pretty freaking cool.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Looks wise I'm still biased towards the 10th gen but it doesn't look too bad to me and wouldn't stop me from buying one. Like others have said, the half digital display is a big fail and the recycled red seats are not attractive. I'm really surprised that they were able to keep the curb weight down. Praying the new lighter flywheel will be plug and play into the 10th gen. From the looks of it, there's not enough that would warrant me to trade up so still looking forward to the new R.

VicVal01

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
We haven’t seen how this thing performs yet, but with the additions of vtec exhaust this thing will be just as good if not better in performance than the 10 gen si, people complaining about weight. It’s 50lb more. I’m not getting rid of my 10th gen si coupe for one. But I think these things with a tune are going to be pretty freaking cool.
The car will perform the same or MAYBE slightly better, but overall it will not be much different than a 10th gen. Handling was already really good on the 10th gen, so dont be swayed by the “20% stiffer” bs, the improvements will be minimal if at all, and nothing that a few cheap mods wouldnt be able to fix on a 10th. Honda neutered the si this generation to help the integra sell, they’re just using fancy pr words and terms to mask it but si enthusiasts really got shafted this time around.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Like I said earlier, this will be a nice car with better handling than the 10th and a more refined experience. But the look is just gutless. It looks way too tame and maybe it's just me but it looks like they got that rear lip spoiler on closeout at Pep Boys.

VicVal01

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Wow, glad I didn't wait for this.

The basic design bones of the new Civic, inside and out, are welcome. Lighter flywheel, thanks. The usual touted incremental improvements in things like chassis stiffness and shift throw, fine.

But the decontenting is stunning. We were asking/hoping for a decent power bump, but got less power. We wanted a more flexible and customizable adaptive suspension setup, but Honda killed it completely. A big central tach had been an Si hallmark for years, but now we get the stock Civic display.

And the new Civic's march toward vaguely Germanic maturity in the styling is glaringly contradicted inside by the garish red seats, panels, and trim.

The only thing I can conclude is that, with EVs about to take over, Honda just wasn't going to invest much in what probably will be the last hurrah of the Si as an ICE vehicle. Which, for the greatest producer of four-cylinder-engines in automotive history, is a shame.
Couldnt have put it better myself, it really is a shame. Only thing that makes sense is that the upcoming integra will be the si we all wanted. Of course that will also come with a significant bump in price though, sadly.

arpypat

First Name
Arpan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan ABM
Overall, not too bad. But there some definite pros and cons compared to the 10th gen Si. I don't see enough to trade my '19 Si

- New infotainment + Bose speakers
- SMF
- Auto revmatch
- Short(er) throw shifter
- No ADS
- Orange Paint
- similar curb weight
- larger IC opening
- no chrome trim on windows
- better armrest mat'l (from the looks of it)

Dislikes:
- Auto start/stop
- Honda sensing (con IMO)
- less power
- red seats
- no paint-matched spoiler
- no heated seats
- boring instrument cluster
- boring exterior (11gen overall)

*EDIT: Adding no chrome trim as a Like and no heated seats as a Dislike

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Dislikes:
- Auto start/stop
- Honda sensing (con IMO)
- less power
- red seats
- no paint-matched spoiler
- boring instrument cluster
- boring exterior (11gen overall)
Totally agree on all of those points.

Generally speaking, where the 10th was something different and unique Honda went back to conservative and safe.

Which confuses me because the 10th gen was a big hit with consumers.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
I'm not gonna lie it's a little disappointing, still it will remain one of the best value cars you can buy. If I was forced to buy a new civic today I'd prob go with the N.A. Sport Hatch and take my 11 gen frustrations out on it by beating the f'ing piss out of it.

P.S. That old/red Si hatch is at least an 86 or newer.

Last edited:

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
I'm not gonna lie it's a little disappointing, still it will remain one of the best value cars you can buy. If I was forced to buy a new civic today I'd prob go with the N.A. Sport Hatch and take my 11 gen frustrations out on it by beating the f'ing piss out of it.

P.S. That old/red Si hatch is at least an 86 or newer.
That's EXACTLY what I'm planning to do.

Maybe once the chip pandemonium dies down I'll look at an Si or Integra.
Sponsored