• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2008 Mitsubishi Evo X. 1966 Plymouth Barracuda
Really was excited about the improvements, feeling sad they no longer have the heated seats. A deal breaker when you live in MN. The 10th gen SI has all the checkboxes for the perfect winter commuter. Maybe they will update to heated seats in a refresh. That or maybe its Time to bite the bullet on the Type R when that gets released.

sjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 2019 Honda Fit Sport 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th AE
Probably because the Si is made in Canada so the money spent on US Tariffs get them more features.
No, it's because we buy small cars with premium features in large amounts and aren't as obsessed with SUVs.

While there are some new features I wish I had on my 2019 Si (heated steering wheel and wireless CarPlay) I don't care for the overall design and lack of a coupe or hatchback.

slayerx02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FG2 , 2020 FC3
Some nice upgrades, the lighter flywheel, auto-rev match, firmer bushings and improved transmission all sounds good but they took away ADS and down graded the the instrument cluster, I'm not seeing a coolant temp gauge in the interior shots ugh I was thinking about trading my '20 coupe in for a sedan...guess its best to wait for the reviews.

arpypat

First Name
Arpan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan ABM
That’s auto rev match button. I don’t think you can do stop/start on an MT car.
Yes, there is auto start/stop on MT cars, unfortunately... I was in Spain last month and my GF's sister has a VW crossover with a 6MT and the annoying auto start/stop.

As long as you are fully stopped with your foot on the brake and trans in neutral, the auto start/stop will work the same an in an AT car.

The Civic Sport Touring hatch is $30k so how will this be less????
Even the 10th gen Hatchback Sport Touring is more than the 10th gen SI.

The 11th gen ST has (slightly) more luxury compared to the 11th gen SI: heated seats, leather seats, power seats, remote start, etc.

Last edited:

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Exterior snoozefest aside, incremental improvements on everything else. ?? However, really disappointed at losing heated seats and dual zone. Really hope to get these back at refresh. Needs to hit $26000 - $26700 MSRP to seal the deal. ?

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
I believe the new Hyundai Elantra 'N' may get more interest from me.
I don't think the N and the Si will be priced similarly.
But performance wise, obviously the N will be better than the Si and the Type R will be better than the N. That's how money works.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2022 Civic Touring Sedan
Probably because the Si is made in Canada so the money spent on US Tariffs get them more features.
Nope. There are no Tariffs on vehicles made in the US and Canada that go back and forth for retail sale.

As for the new Si and as an owner of a 22 Touring Sedan, here is my take:

Get a touring, get a tuner, be a sleeper with ALL the creature comforts. Done. Other than suspension changes, the Touring sedan is so much better than the GenX in general that unless you want to go full rice with your car and you don't want to be limited by a CVT, I just don't see the point. These cars are very sedate looking but have a truly excellent interior and ride/handling. I have been on a few long highway and back road runs with my Touring and man, ya. Boring looking, not boring car.

Oh and put on wider tires if you want the extra grip for some reason (235 on Touring and 245? on Si). This Si is a real bore of a car but I do like the exhaust.

Reactions: mjh

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
As much as I don't like the xi exterior, the Elantra is horrid. It's even worse in person. Those odd angled haunches and doors are ? and the rear is just as ridiculous

The K5 is a much more handsome kdm option
The K5 doesn't offer a manual does it? I am only interested in a manual, even at 64 years of age!

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Nope. There are no Tariffs on vehicles made in the US and Canada that go back and forth for retail sale.

As for the new Si and as an owner of a 22 Touring Sedan, here is my take:

Get a touring, get a tuner, be a sleeper with ALL the creature comforts. Done. Other than suspension changes, the Touring sedan is so much better than the GenX in general that unless you want to go full rice with your car and you don't want to be limited by a CVT, I just don't see the point. These cars are very sedate looking but have a truly excellent interior and ride/handling. I have been on a few long highway and back road runs with my Touring and man, ya. Boring looking, not boring car.

Oh and put on wider tires if you want the extra grip for some reason (235 on Touring and 245? on Si). This Si is a real bore of a car but I do like the exhaust.
Si gets the same tire size (235/40/18) as Touring. I think they’re meant to target different buyers (sporty manual vs loaded CVT commuter).

Reactions: mjh