• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Does rev matching mean rev hang is gone? How would you rev match if there's rev hang?

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Mazda3 hatch Premium has a 6mT.
I am also considering that , but I don't like the Mazda3 hatch look as much as some other hatchbacks and the rear seat room is tight. Positives for me though are the naturally aspirated motor, runs on regular 87 octane, has an extremely nice interior and it has an actual spare tire!
The only downsides for me are the "look" and it doesn't feel fun to drive. It does drives good though and as a comparison I am currently driving a 2006 Mazda3, which actually feels more fun to drive......!?!

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Does rev matching mean rev hang is gone? How would you rev match if there's rev hang?
It’s undetectable to minimal in Sport mode. Driving in normal mode may differ.

“For the first time, Civic Si features a rev-matching system directly from the Civic Type R. With the same 430 m/s response time as Civic Type R in Sport mode, the new rev-matching system will “blip” the throttle when it detects a downshift, quickly and perfectly matching revs.”

https://global.honda/innovation/technology/automobile/Rev-match-control-system-picturebook.html

Last edited:

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
The only downsides for me are the "look" and it doesn't feel fun to drive. It does drives good though and as a comparison I am currently driving a 2006 Mazda3, which actually feels more fun to drive......!?!
That would def be a big no! I rented a Mazda 3 around 2015. Infotainment sucks big time. Sentra == Corola == Mazda3. All no fun to drive at all. 10x worst than the 10th Si.

JPM42

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2014
DejavĂş 2012 Civic Si redesign V2.
I feel like there is not much separating all the other models from the Si. Even an N/A engine would have been a better choice. Also the sport trims look so good that is hard to beat and it wasn't offer in the old day.

but I completely understand why they so it. Protecting Acura brand and keeping cost low.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
That would def be a big no! I rented a Mazda 3 around 2015. Infotainment sucks big time. Sentra == Corola == Mazda3. All no fun to drive at all. 10x worst than the 10th Si.
I had a 2016 Mazda3 and that thing was fun as hell. Had the MX-5 engine in it and that thing hauled. The handling was great out of the box. But I also had a top trim. A rented base model likely rode hard and put away wet every day isn’t a good indication of what the car is really like. And I really liked the infotainment wheel.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Like I said earlier, this will be a nice car with better handling than the 10th and a more refined experience. But the look is just gutless. It looks way too tame and maybe it's just me but it looks like they got that rear lip spoiler on closeout at Pep Boys.
I agree, man. I look at this thing and my eyes just kind of wanders away. Knowing this thing is likely to be down 20-ish whp, no active suspension, no heated seats, and no dual climate just doesn’t sit well with me. If it handles better, cool I guess, but there wasn’t anything exactly wrong in that department with the 10th gen.

Overall I’m just underwhelmed by all things 11th gen right now. Especially the hatchback since I had my eye on that and I actually like the design. This has all kinds killed my anticipation for the Integra and Type R too.

Brendan

First Name
PwPSi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Rev hang is due to emissions has no correlation with rev match. When you redline a new civic and upshift the revs will hang to allow excess fuel to be burnt.
I know that’s part of it but also the lighter flywheel may reduce the rev hang

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
It’s undetectable to minimal in Sport mode. Driving in normal mode may differ.
Says who?

I'd wager it is somewhat better than the 10th with the lighter flywheel, but I doubt it is gone (because emissions).

And as said, rev hang has nothing to do with rev matching.

As for the debut.. meh. All I am reading is a bunch of marketing fluff and and subjective claims. Most Fun, best SI, etc.

Overall I like the interior is looks better than the 10th, The auto rev match is nice, better sound system, and a lighter flywheel (so hopefully less rev hang out of the box).

I am curious what it is going to cost though. Honda is playing a weird game with its product lineup. I could see the SI being a bit too expensive, for what it is, and the base/a-spec teggy not offering enough for the price hike.

Add in the solid competition from the new FRS, WRX, GTI, etc.