• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV, 2023 Civic Sport Touring (6MT)
JD Power article:

Honda equips the 2022 Civic Si with digital instrumentation and the top-shelf infotainment system from the Civic Touring. The infotainment system has a 9-inch high-definition touchscreen display, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, SiriusXM satellite radio, navigation, and a voice-recognition system that works pretty well. Music flows through an impressive Bose Centerpoint 2 surround-sound audio system.

So does this mean we actually will get integrated Navigation in this ? I know the preproduction model they were showing off did not indicate that but maybe ????

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Two main problems with the entire Civic lineupā€¦
1. The Si is STILL only 200hp (lower peak power than 10th gen).
2. The Ctr is STILL not AWD.

Likeā€¦ Honda just doesnā€™t fucking listen.
Honda has proven you donā€™t need AWD for lap recordsā€¦. So donā€™t know what your talking about. Maybe learn how to drive better?
@Jimi is right

@MLawrence - If you want an AWD 6MT just get the STI or Golf R. If you can't afford it, go used. If you don't like people's abused cars then guess you can get the CTR ??

MLawrence

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Si
Honda has proven you donā€™t need AWD for lap recordsā€¦. So donā€™t know what your talking about. Maybe learn how to drive better?
Lol By that logic, I mean, you donā€™t need 4-wheels eitherā€¦ So, I guess you can kiss a quality driving experience goodbye? Because youā€™re trying to ā€œproveā€ something?
@Jimi is right

@MLawrence - If you want an AWD 6MT just get the STI or Golf R. If you can't afford it, go used. If you don't like people's abused cars then guess you can get the CTR ??
Oh thatā€™s right.
Because used Civics are somehow LESS beat-up than their better-equipped counterparts.

Honda screwed up all over the place with the 11th Gen. Itā€™s better if you guys just admit it.
The styling is horrid.
The amenities and trim decisions are all bean counting measures.

Performanceā€¦ā€¦.. overall remains to be seen.
I will never say that a Civic is a bad quality car, but they CAN do better.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Lol By that logic, I mean, you donā€™t need 4-wheels eitherā€¦ So, I guess you can kiss a quality driving experience goodbye? Because youā€™re trying to ā€œproveā€ something?

Oh thatā€™s right.
Because used Civics are somehow LESS beat-up than their better-equipped counterparts.

Honda screwed up all over the place with the 11th Gen. Itā€™s better if you guys just admit it.
The styling is horrid.

no the 11th gen is a vastly better car than the 10, inside and out. 11th Gen civic is a disappointment. Bean counting? have you seen and sat in a 11`th? Last gen build quality doesn't even compare. Styling is subjective but I''ll take restrained over overstyled and most consider pretty ugly.

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR, '21 Mazda 3 AWD Hatchback
The (not surprising) thing here is...a majority of you who are commenting don't own a current gen Si, and probably haven't owned a previous generation, either. Previous generations have had more/better features, and certainly better styling than this one. I just traded a 10th gen Si that, had I not had the opportunity to get a CTR...I'd have gladly kept my Si over this new one. It's all subjective...and my opinions are no better than anyone else's...but at least I've owned Si's...

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si

Oh thatā€™s right.

The styling is horrid.

If you think the CTR needs AWD, you clearly don't understand the point of the CTR. AWD comes w/ many disadvantages of its own.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
The (not surprising) thing here is...a majority of you who are commenting don't own a current gen Si, and probably haven't owned a previous generation, either. Previous generations have had more/better features, and certainly better styling than this one. I just traded a 10th gen Si that, had I not had the opportunity to get a CTR...I'd have gladly kept my Si over this new one. It's all subjective...and my opinions are no better than anyone else's...but at least I've owned Si's...
I get you, but styling is subjective. Canā€™t deny this new si has a lot more features than any of the previous si models and probably the best suspension from the factory. Sure it doesnā€™t have 230hp like everyone wanted or whatever but the improvements with the turbo spooling sooner and not falling on its face on the top end are there. Iā€™d say drive it first before shitting on it. Not sure what si had a better sound system and infotainment or tech than this car?

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
True. Last honda I owned was a 2008 TSX which was a amazing car. Before that it was the EM Civic Si. Honda just hasn't made a car that was compelling till the 11th gen Type R.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
I get you, but styling is subjective. Canā€™t deny this new si has a lot more features than any of the previous si models and probably the best suspension from the factory. Sure it doesnā€™t have 230hp like everyone wanted or whatever but the improvements with the turbo spooling sooner and not falling on its face on the top end are there. Iā€™d say drive it first before shitting on it. Not sure what si had a better sound system and infotainment or tech than this car?
I donā€™t really know why you are hype about the suspension. The 10th Gen had CTR compliance bushings too. ā€œIn addition to adaptive dampers, suspension upgrades include stiffer spring rates, more rigid stabilizer bars (+30 percent front, +60 percent rear), solid front and rear compliance bushings, and ultra-rigid front upper control arms shared with the Civic Type R.ā€ https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ic-si-coupe-and-sedan-205-hp-192-lb-ft.10248/

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
There's plenty of aftermarket seat warmers, the install is a little tricky but it might be a decent workaround.
Aftermarket seat warmer install
Here's the thing and maybe it's just me. I'm not fooling with adding aftermarket seat warmers on a 30K 2022 car. Should come from the factory with that. I'd gladly go with a decent OEM sound system and not get the Bose if heated seats were included.

MLawrence

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Si
2017 Si is my my first and only Honda.
So for sure, I havenā€™t touched many Siā€™s nor many Civics in general.
I didnā€™t find the Civic to be a compelling car UNTIL the 2017-2020 model years.

Ironically, the 2017 model year has established itself as the best selling model year for the Civic, of ALL TIME, in the U.S.
This is not coincidence. It did well, because Honda was bold and tried out something NEW. More compelling stylingā€¦TURBO.

I donā€™t claim to be a Honda loyalist, nor lifelong fan, but I was excited for the 11th Gen, because the 10th was such GOLD.

The 11th seems to be more of a SILVER at this point.

Weā€™ll see what happens, but I fear Honda didnā€™t retain everything they learned from the 10th genā€™s success.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Here's the thing and maybe it's just me. I'm not fooling with adding aftermarket seat warmers on a 30K 2022 car. Should come from the factory with that. I'd gladly go with a decent OEM sound system and not get the Bose if heated seats were included.
ditto. Looked at a Veloster N and didn't come with butt warmers and went with a GTI even though the N was more fun to drive. Also appalling the Type R doesn't get heated seats here.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
Two main problems with the entire Civic lineupā€¦
1. The Si is STILL only 200hp (lower peak power than 10th gen).
2. The Ctr is STILL not AWD.

Likeā€¦ Honda just doesnā€™t fucking listen.
There's nothing wrong with CTR being FWD.
Honda wants to be at the very top of FWD hot hatchbacks and that's why they'll keep making it FWD only.
I don't think majority of people wanted it to be AWD. I'd say Honda listened to their fans if anything.

None of its "true" competitors come with AWD, because that's what the whole segment is about. Ultimate FWD performance.
VW has the Golf R with AWD yet the Clubsport is FWD only. What's the point? They clearly can build a good AWD hot hatch.
Renault's Type R fighters Megane RS Trophy and Trophy R( current ring record holder) also come in FWD only.
Mini's JCW GP was FWD too when all of its JCW siblings had AWD.
AWD isn't always superior. It's a just an added feature, not a requirement.

At some point in the future, all hot hatches will come with 2+ motor electric AWD.
And these companies probably want to be the "final" FWD champion.
I'm pretty sure Honda's in that game too.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
ditto. Looked at a Veloster N and didn't come with butt warmers and went with a GTI even though the N was more fun to drive. Also appalling the Type R doesn't get heated seats here.
Fun Fact: Veloster N comes with butt warmers in other markets. Hyundai for some reason thinks Americans like room temperature butts.
Sponsored