• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Bixbyte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
MY 2017 Honda Civic EXT-CV Turbo has much more Chrome and for the first time ever I have been offered about what I Paid Brand New.
HONDA CIVIC is the BEST CAR I EVER OWNED!
Sponsored

2020CivicSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
I’m seriously considering trading in my 2020 si for one of these to be honest. The interior on the 11 is so much nicer, and the lack of a center exhaust means I could run a hutch mounted bike rack.

The front end if the car looks weird, but it seems like a great value.

I’m a fan

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
2017 Si is my my first and only Honda.
So for sure, I haven’t touched many Si’s nor many Civics in general.
I didn’t find the Civic to be a compelling car UNTIL the 2017-2020 model years.

Ironically, the 2017 model year has established itself as the best selling model year for the Civic, of ALL TIME, in the U.S.
This is not coincidence. It did well, because Honda was bold and tried out something NEW. More compelling styling…TURBO.

I don’t claim to be a Honda loyalist, nor lifelong fan, but I was excited for the 11th Gen, because the 10th was such GOLD.

The 11th seems to be more of a SILVER at this point.

We’ll see what happens, but I fear Honda didn’t retain everything they learned from the 10th gen’s success.
I'd kind of like to piggyback off this. Back in the early days, I was a huge Honda loyalist. Bought a first gen CRX new. Bought a first gen Integra new. Traded it for a new 5th gen Civic after putting 114,000 miles on the Integra. Point being I loved Honda.

Somewhere along the line (and maybe it was the fact that all my Honda products were built in Japan versus North America), I sort of lost interest. The styling became stale and boring (IMO). I didn't own another Honda until 15 years later.

The 10th gen amazed me. It had a bold look, was comfortable, pretty quick with the turbo especially considering it's basically an econobox capable of 40+ mpg. My 2017 is one of the best cars I've owned and super fun tuned.

I figured the 11th would be an evolution of the 10th. A bit of a power boost would have been nice. Similar styling with maybe some slight styling tweaks was what I expected

Instead, the sedan looks more like a smaller Accord and Jetta had a baby. A family car. I get it. I'm probably in the minority. I like smallish sporty looking styling.

Having said that all the 11th gen models will be huge sellers. The press loves the more mature look. It's just not for me. The refinement and other improvements are great. For me though, having one car, styling is important too. No matter how well a car functions, I want to smile everytime I look at it.

The 11th is just way too generic. I really wanted to like this car.

Last edited:

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I figured the 11th would be an evolution of the 10th. A bit of a power boost would have been nice. Similar styling with maybe some slight styling tweaks was what I expected

Instead, the sedan looks more like a smaller Accord and Jetta had a baby A family car. I get it. I'm probably in the minority. I like smallish sporty looking styling.

Having said that all the 11th gen models will be huge sellers. The press loves the more mature look. It's just not for me. The refinement and other improvements are great. For me though, having one car, styling is important too. No matter how well a car functions, I want to smile everytime I look at it.

The 11th is just way too generic. I really wanted to like this car.
Very much same here. Being a one car person I want my DD to not only be comfortable and useable, but also fun to drive and look at. While the styling of the 11th gen has grown on me, the trim/feature breakdown, slight loss of performance, etc has put me off spending $30k for the Sport Touring hatch. I'm hoping the new Integra will fill in the misses with this new generation and present something desireable and fun with a bit more style and flare, but I'm keeping my expectations low at this point and have already started planning to keep my 19' EX coupe and what small mods I can do to keep it interesting and fun for the next few years. The new civic is a great option for those that value refinement and a sedate styling approach, but I just can't seem to justify the 11th gen over my 10th gen no matter how much I try.

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
Two main problems with the entire Civic lineup…
1. The Si is STILL only 200hp (lower peak power than 10th gen).
2. The Ctr is STILL not AWD.

Like… Honda just doesn’t fucking listen.
1. 6 peak hp… but more useable power everywhere else. I guarantee you wouldn’t even notice. Tune for more power like everyone has done with the Si for decades, it’s not meant to be a rocket.

2. Vast majority of people who buy the CTR would be pissed about the extra weight of AWD. As others have said, it’s about being the fastest FWD car it can be. Give it AWD like an STI or golf r and not only is there more competition, but it will likely be slower around a track than it already is. As is it absolutely fucking spanks those cars around a track. AWD would be a decent addition for people in snowy areas, myself included, but it’s not necessary by any means. It’s still more than good enough to get through a blizzard if you’re not a shit driver.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I don’t really know why you are hype about the suspension. The 10th Gen had CTR compliance bushings too. “In addition to adaptive dampers, suspension upgrades include stiffer spring rates, more rigid stabilizer bars (+30 percent front, +60 percent rear), solid front and rear compliance bushings, and ultra-rigid front upper control arms shared with the Civic Type R.” https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ic-si-coupe-and-sedan-205-hp-192-lb-ft.10248/
Those control arms were only for the front, now they are for the rear too on top of all the nice changes in the interior and other powertrain changes. In other words, theyre adding more on top of whatever that car had. All I’m saying is, the 2022 Honda Civic ex handles very close to the si stock for stock. So this new chassis has a lot more rigidity from what it feels like from a stock form so I can only imagine how much better the si is going to feel.

OP
OP
Pielo7

Pielo7

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
1. 6 peak hp… but more useable power everywhere else. I guarantee you wouldn’t even notice. Tune for more power like everyone has done with the Si for decades, it’s not meant to be a rocket.

2. Vast majority of people who buy the CTR would be pissed about the extra weight of AWD. As others have said, it’s about being the fastest FWD car it can be. Give it AWD like an STI or golf r and not only is there more competition, but it will likely be slower around a track than it already is. As is it absolutely fucking spanks those cars around a track. AWD would be a decent addition for people in snowy areas, myself included, but it’s not necessary by any means. It’s still more than good enough to get through a blizzard if you’re not a shit driver.
" 6 peak hp… but more useable power everywhere else. I guarantee you wouldn’t even notice"
I believe this is the presice problem in the community, not percieving a change in a New product they want you to spend $ on... idk

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
" 6 peak hp… but more useable power everywhere else. I guarantee you wouldn’t even notice"
I believe this is the presice problem in the community, not percieving a change in a New product they want you to spend $ on... idk

thing is Si has pretty much stayed 200hp for nearly 15 years. Sure it has more torque but it hasn't really gotten much quicker. To put that in perspective, the 2006 SI that was released before the first iphone is faster than the new one. I'm sure the demographic that buys these would gladly pay extra grand or two for a 260hp 2.0L turbo. Si used to mean something. It used to have a bespoke engine b16a, K20 and K24. This si is more like a badge exercise to me. Enthusiasts want a proper Si at 30k price point that can duke it out with a Veloster N.

Last edited:

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
Not sure what you mean by that. You mean it’s a negative? I honestly think it’s just a sideways movement, but if you’re looking for the higher number then sure it’s a negative to you.

There are other things that were added as well, and things that were taken away. It just seems like everybody is focusing on the horsepower change and then listing everything else that was taken away while ignoring what was added.

I’m not in the market for an Si and I don’t really care either way, but a lot of reactions just don’t seem relevant to me. Either that or it’s from people expecting the car to be something it isn’t.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
I'm sort of surprised how many 10th gen sedan owners are happy with the 11th gen morphing into something more sedate looking. Were you guys unhappy with the 10th's styling? Just curious.
I feel pretty much as you do. The exterior of the 11th gen sedan is just too generic looking for me. The front end of the Si is decent enough looking, but the rear looks like every other commuter car out there. Personally, the fake vents on the 10th gen never really bothered me, and at least gave the car some personality. On the other hand, I spend most of the time inside the car, not staring at it, so I could probably get over the exterior looks given the interior improvements (although the loss of heated seats and dual zone climate is really ridiculous).

Now I'm really anxious to see what the Integra and CTR have in store. I'd love to get back into a hatchback again.
Sponsored