• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
I'm sort of surprised how many 10th gen sedan owners are happy with the 11th gen morphing into something more sedate looking. Were you guys unhappy with the 10th's styling? Just curious.
Iā€™m sorely disappointed with this offering but not for the styling. Iā€™d say Iā€™m agnostic on both the X and XI Civic. Really everything in this class. Certainly in stock form. The last thing I really liked, aesthetically, was the Focus RS and that hardly counts. This isnā€™t a segment for beautiful cars.

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Not a fan of the rear but this chinese market integra seems like it could swap. Looks more aggressive?
Maybe trunk, bumper cover, and taillights.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Honda Civic Si World Debut! ? Screenshot_20211020-172318_Instagram

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Honda Civic Si World Debut! ? Screenshot_20211020-172749_Instagram

OP
OP
Pielo7

Pielo7

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Not sure what you mean by that. You mean itā€™s a negative? I honestly think itā€™s just a sideways movement, but if youā€™re looking for the higher number then sure itā€™s a negative to you.

There are other things that were added as well, and things that were taken away. It just seems like everybody is focusing on the horsepower change and then listing everything else that was taken away while ignoring what was added.

Iā€™m not in the market for an Si and I donā€™t really care either way, but a lot of reactions just donā€™t seem relevant to me. Either that or itā€™s from people expecting the car to be something it isnā€™t.
Im pretty sure the car is going to be a blast to drive... we know honda, and we know they do a great job on that segment but you need to understand that Si have a fan base (the loyalist)because it has been "until 2017 that the (limited run CTR) show up" the pinnacle of performance civic in the Americas including those countries that get the trim, and release a new car that in paper is less "powerfull" than a old generation is a negative view for a lot of people.

"Horpewer SELL cars, torque wins races"
-Carrol Shelby- im not in the market but lets say i am a honda fanboy which i am all my currents car are honda minus a 88vw jetta and i have the capital power to get a new car and i love the Si thim because value, fun, and performance giving the current market and assuming the price is in the 27k to 29k the car and the numbers in paper will not make it a bargain like it just to be...

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Im pretty sure the car is going to be a blast to drive... we know honda, and we know they do a great job on that segment but you need to understand that Si have a fan base (the loyalist)because it has been "until 2017 that the (limited run CTR) show up" the pinnacle of performance civic in the Americas including those countries that get the trim, and release a new car that in paper is less "powerfull" than a old generation is a negative view for a lot of people.

"Horpewer SELL cars, torque wins races"
-Carrol Shelby
- im not in the market but lets say i am a honda fanboy which i am all my currents car are honda minus a 88vw jetta and i have the capital power to get a new car and i love the Si thim because value, fun, and performance giving the current market and assuming the price is in the 27k to 29k the car and the numbers in paper will not make it a bargain like it just to be...
Yeah, the torques the same too ā€¦

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey EX-L '18 Civic SI Sedan '94 300zx twin turbo 2001 Ford F-150 Sport
Hereā€™s a questionā€¦ if the turbo spools 300 RPM sooner, did they ditch the HP variant of the TD025 and make the LP variant standard across the whole L15B7 line and just pull out a little factory boost taper or give it a tiny bit more to hold power a little longer, albeit with a lower peak?

I figured this car would get a TD03 that Honda originally specā€™ed in the literature that came out for gen 10 and aim for 220-230 hp for some nice planned obsolescence power-wise for gen 10 and make it look better against the competition. I was very wrong.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Hereā€™s a questionā€¦ if the turbo spools 300 RPM sooner, did they ditch the HP variant of the TD025 and make the LP variant standard across the whole L15B7 line and just pull out a little factory boost taper or give it a tiny bit more to hold power a little longer, albeit with a lower peak?

I figured this car would get a TD03 that Honda originally specā€™ed in the literature that came out for gen 10 and aim for 220-230 hp for some nice planned obsolescence power-wise for gen 10 and make it look better against the competition. I was very wrong.
From what it looks like they are using a new turbo for it to spool faster (probably the same one youā€™re talking about) and are using VTEC to hold power until 6K rpm instead of 5500rpm like the 10th gen did.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
2017 Si: 205
2022 Si: 200

2017 GTI: 210 (S); 220 (Sport, SE, Autobahn)
2022 GTI: 242

2017 BRZ/86: 200 (AT); 205 (MT)
2022 BRZ/86: 228

2017 Elantra GT: 201
2022 Elantra N Line: 201 (congratulations, youā€™re Hyundai)

2017 Veloster Turbo: 201
2022 Veloster Turbo: doesnā€™t exist because even Hyundai knows this is lame; Veloster N: 276

2017 Ford Focus ST: 252
2022 Ford Focus ST: 276 (still exists outside of US market)

2017 WRX: 268
2022 WRX: 271

What am I missing? So since 2017 every other comparable car has added power except the Hyundai Elantra. Cool. ā€œBut power isnā€™t everything!ā€ you say. Ok, but that also means there is no additional overhead in the engine. No improved cams. No larger or better flowing turbo. No strengthened internals. Just same L15 that taps out at 250 WHP on pump gas.

That was marginally acceptable in 2017. That is laughable in 2022. Honda has told us what they think of the Si. Not much.

Guess Iā€™ve just got to head back over to CivicX and watch it slowly turn into a MySpace-like wasteland, populated only by indie bands and occasional nonsense posts from Rudy at Pro Civic. Thanks for nothing Honda.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan

Exactly what I thought. The TD03 we were promised long ago. Some more overhead in the motor. Nope and nope.

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl

2017 GTI: 210 (S); 220 (Sport, SE, Autobahn)
2022 GTI: 242

2017 BRZ/86: 200 (AT); 205 (MT)
2022 BRZ/86: 228

2022 Veloster Turbo: doesnā€™t exist because even Hyundai knows this is lame; Veloster N: 276

2017 Ford Focus ST: 252
2022 Ford Focus ST: 276 (still exists outside of US market)

2017 WRX: 268
2022 WRX: 271

What am I missing? So since 2017 every other comparable car has added power except the Hyundai Elantra. Cool. ā€œBut power isnā€™t everything!ā€ you say. Ok, but that also means there is no additional overhead in the engine. No improved cams. No larger or better flowing turbo. No strengthened internals. Just same L15 that taps out at 250 WHP on pump gas.

That was marginally acceptable in 2017. That is laughable in 2022. Honda has told us what they think of the Si. Not much.

Guess Iā€™ve just got to head back over to CivicX and watch it slowly turn into a MySpace-like wasteland, populated only by indie bands and occasional nonsense posts from Rudy at Pro Civic. Thanks for nothing Honda.
You're not missing anything. This is exactly what I said, and several people seemed offended that most of us are seeing Honda for exactly what it did, which is to minimize the pedigree of Si in favor of Integra and perhaps a more hybrid/EV centered future. Like how dare we question the Si nameplate and what it should stand for? Lol. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and those that love the new model, great! Honda will be happy when you buy one! But for many of us that have loved and lived with a number of Honda products from the 90's, when performance variants were truly special and differentiated, this doesn't cut it. I'll most likely look to the GR corolla for my next vehicle.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Cars now are alot like phones. People expect upgrades. Youā€™d be pissed too if Apple kept using the same old processor every year. Honda and Toyota think that they can live off their reputation.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Cars now are alot like phones. People expect upgrades. Youā€™d be pissed too if Apple kept using the same old processor every year. Honda and Toyota think that they can live off their reputation.
Apple's latest upgrade is about the same if you're only looking at power numbers...

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N

Actually 2013 Veloster Turbo had 201 hp too. It's been 201hp since then for almost 10 years.
At least they didn't increase the output only to decrease it few years later.

They got rid of Veloster 2.0 and 1.6T because they could be replaced with Elantra N line and other compact cars.
Now that they have Elantra N and Kona N, I'm pretty sure they'll discontinue Veloster N too.

I don't have any issue with the 11th gen Si having only 200hp. The segment is about having fun, not going fast.
But what I absolutely don't understand is the fact it has less hp than 10th gen AND 9th gen Si.
I've seen that happen multiple times for various reasons, but none of them was "performance oriented."
This is a marketing disaster.

I'm sure Honda still cares about the Si nameplate. But not in the same way. (Driving experience over performance)
So I doubt we'll ever see any significant performance upgrade for the Si.
But for the same reason, I think Si will be the very last vehicle from Honda to offer 6MT.
Sponsored