• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey EX-L '18 Civic SI Sedan '94 300zx twin turbo 2001 Ford F-150 Sport
I wanted one also. My buddy has one, great car. I was looking to test drive a green manual after work but by the time I got out of work the car was sold. None of the others in the area were manual so I wasn't interested. It's what lead me to getting a Mustang since the Camaro, while tempting, has such poor visibility.
Yeah. I test drove a CPO CTS-V Sport… thinking it was going to replace the GenX. It was about 35k and they offered me 22k for the Civic at 3 years old and 30k miles… when I’d spent 23.5k total.

I was so pumped and figured it was a no brainer. Car had too many issues as a CPO and, like it’s Camaro roots, it was kind of like being in a bathtub so far as visibility. Rear seating was way smaller than a GenX… closer to a Gen 9. Had to pass.

I really wanted an SS. Gen X was settling since a manual SS wasn’t going to happen… *just* to keep a fun manual car. It was priced right and a good step up from a gen 9 but I was interested in getting back to a bigger car. Then again, the Civics these days are the size of Accords a couple decades ago… and the Accords are more in-line with Avalons than Camrys… so… yeah…
Sponsored

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yeah. I test drove a CPO CTS-V Sport… thinking it was going to replace the GenX. It was about 35k and they offered me 22k for the Civic at 3 years old and 30k miles… when I’d spent 23.5k total.

I was so pumped and figured it was a no brainer. Car had too many issues as a CPO and, like it’s Camaro roots, it was kind of like being in a bathtub so far as visibility. Rear seating was way smaller than a GenX… closer to a Gen 9. Had to pass.

I really wanted an SS. Gen X was settling since a manual SS wasn’t going to happen… *just* to keep a fun manual car. It was priced right and a good step up from a gen 9 but I was interested in getting back to a bigger car. Then again, the Civics these days are the size of Accords a couple decades ago… and the Accords are more in-line with Avalons than Camrys… so… yeah…
My only requirements were:
  • Manual
  • Under 65K
  • Preferably Green
  • Preferably Coupe
I was cross shopping the SS, Civic Si, GT350, 370Z, BRZ/86, Challenger, Camaro, Mustang GT...

I landed on a Mustang Bullitt, but the only reason is likely because I could NOT find a 10th Gen Si coupe in green, a green SS in manual, or a manual Challenger 1320.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
You might be happy with a 2022 Civic Hatchback Sport 2.0 6mt. I kind of want to buy one of these in a few years and just keep it in a garage for 20 years lol
I would be interested in that if it had more torque indeed. My 2006 Mazda3 2.0L sedan has approx 150 hp and the same torque rating.
I believe the Civic 2.0L has 158 hp but only 138 lbft torque. I don't want any car with less hp or toque than my 2006 Mazda3 ! I know we aren't talking about much difference but for my retirement gift to myself, I would like to have SI hp and torque or more.... like the Elantra 'N' but not necessary. The SI would be satisfactory for me. Maybe the Sport Touring hatchback although all of those are turbo assisted numbers.
The new Toyota GR86 may be of interest but I am not sure of trusting the Subaru engine or not ?? Or even a Miata ?? There just isn't many choices for the car I really would like to have, if any at all. I would even buy a CTR if they offered the European Sport model here and with out extra mark up over MSRP. They look more like my age bracket, have slightly smaller wheels and no huge rear wing. And a more sedate looking interior that matches my gray hair! LOL ... but I know that I am not in a majority of the buyer's out there so I continue on with my little Mazda3 sedan until I find something to settle on. Honda should still have options like different wheels or gray accented interior and a real spare tire and heated seats with full power operation and such. Bring back the naturally aspirated motor too! Okay, dream over... Sorry

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I would be interested in that if it had more torque indeed. My 2006 Mazda3 2.0L sedan has approx 150 hp and the same torque rating.
I believe the Civic 2.0L has 158 hp but only 138 lbft torque. I don't want any car with less hp or toque than my 2006 Mazda3 ! I know we aren't talking about much difference but for my retirement gift to myself, I would like to have SI hp and torque or more.... like the Elantra 'N' but not necessary. The SI would be satisfactory for me. Maybe the Sport Touring hatchback although all of those are turbo assisted numbers.
The new Toyota GR86 may be of interest but I am not sure of trusting the Subaru engine or not ?? Or even a Miata ?? There just isn't many choices for the car I really would like to have, if any at all. I would even buy a CTR if they offered the European Sport model here and with out extra mark up over MSRP. They look more like my age bracket, have slightly smaller wheels and no huge rear wing. And a more sedate looking interior that matches my gray hair! LOL ... but I know that I am not in a majority of the buyer's out there so I continue on with my little Mazda3 sedan until I find something to settle on. Honda should still have options like different wheels or gray accented interior and a real spare tire and heated seats with full power operation and such. Bring back the naturally aspirated motor too! Okay, dream over... Sorry
I was really interested in the new turbo/AWD Mazda 3 till I saw no manual for the AWD version.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey EX-L '18 Civic SI Sedan '94 300zx twin turbo 2001 Ford F-150 Sport
I was really interested in the new turbo/AWD Mazda 3 till I saw no manual for the AWD version.
Yeah. That was a real heartbreaker. It was one of the few newer cars that I was interested in. I liked the older 3s I cross shopped my gen 9 against back in ‘15. I just thought they were gutless. They cured the power/torque issue and then broke the car for me with auto-only.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
zx2down >>> I have not had a dealer like Honda or Toyota offer to order what I wanted, nor Hyundai. They just tell me they don't know when they will get one in or that they expect one next month maybe. BMW offered to order me a 230i two door coupe with a manual but without being able to drive one first, I didn't want to go though that and worry with getting my deposit back. And I decided against buying a BMW at all. It is different if a dealer has a manual that you can drive for evaluation and then order in a different color or options that you want. Ford and Dodge also offered but they didn't have a manual on the lot for me to test drive first. And I am not sure that I would have bought either the Mustang GT or the Challenger anyway. I really wanted another Mazda3 sedan with a manual. I still like the 2006 model I bought new with a manual and I am still driving it now. I just want a new car to replace it. Just not sure I want the new Mazda3 Premium Hatchback at $29k which is the only manual transmission offering from Mazda now. The Mazda3 does have a 186 hp naturally aspirated motor, which I do favor. And it runs on regular gas. I am just not sure I can live with the Mazda hatchback, the back seat is tight, and not near as roomy as a Civic hatch, which the Civic hatch also looks better to me. Anyway, I think more people would buy a manual transmission, if they were available everyday on the dealer lot to see and drive. Most people today want whatever they are looking at today, and therefor will take an automatic instead. And this whole process has developed into parent's not teaching their children to drive a manual transmission. They pass down their automatics and get them a new automatic the same day or just go buy their kids a new automatic.
I think your last point is ultimately why manuals are dying. Growing up in the 70s / 80s, one might learn manual because manuals were 1) cheaper to buy; 2) more fuel-efficient; 3) better driving than automatics of the day; and 4) more widely available than today. Today almost none of those factors apply. I bought my Si because I genuinely enjoy driving manual, having done it for decades, but I am a dying breed. If you want a "normal" reasonably good driving experience today, automatic/CVT is fine, and even for pure performance you're better off with a DCT. In 10-20 years, electrification is probably going to turn almost everything into EVs anyway, whose instant torque blows away any ICE. It's technological disruption at work, not some devious plot by the automakers to kill manuals for their own convenience.

Brandon25

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic
It's not track ready for sure, and that was never it's intended purpose. However, you could consider adding an oil cooler and/or a plate style adapter that goes in between the oil filter which would let you add sensors for oil pressure and oil temp.

https://www.perrin.com/shop/interior-gauges/oil-temp-pressure-adapter

Adding a standalone gauge for monitoring would be easy. If you want to integrate that into the ECU reported values, probably looking at a standalone such as motec. Anything is possible if you're willing to put time and money into it.
I have no plans to track the car. Oil temp gauge is nice to have so you aren't beating on the car too soon. It's not good for the turbo to be doing pulls when Oil isn't up to the temp. Most people don't know this and just assume when engine or coolant temp is in middle than you can just send it.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I need those 11th gen Si wheels on my 10th gen. Also the 17-19 Si wheels are hideous. I instantly got rid of them for the 2020 Si Wheels.
One reason I got the 2020 was cause I wouldn't have to replace the wheels, lol.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
My only requirements were:
  • Manual
  • Under 65K
  • Preferably Green
  • Preferably Coupe
I was cross shopping the SS, Civic Si, GT350, 370Z, BRZ/86, Challenger, Camaro, Mustang GT...

I landed on a Mustang Bullitt, but the only reason is likely because I could NOT find a 10th Gen Si coupe in green, a green SS in manual, or a manual Challenger 1320.
I see 11 manual F-Type coupes on cars.com, no green ones though.

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si Sedan, Others
I personally think this is going to be a great car. Yeah, I might be a little biased towards Civics, but this 11th Gen Si really improves on the interior, tech, and looks I think. In my opinion it looks less busy and a little more grown up than the 10th.

The 5 hp thing is of no consequence to real world driving fun. If that or something like the engine start stop feature is going to make or break your decision to buy one, keep in mind in all likelihood you'll be able to solve both those issues by popping in a $495 CARB FlashPro from Hondata in the near future (the 11th Gen non-Si FlashPro bumps up power by 34 hp and torque by 50 lb-ft). Plus, the 11th Si does have some nice extras like the light flywheel, better shifter feel + rev matching, and improved powerband right off the bat.

This new Civic Si pretty much does what the Si always has - integrates fun, good looks, good tech, great value into one package.

Last edited:

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I personally think this is going to be a great car. Yeah, I might be a little biased towards Civics, but this 11th Gen Si really improves on the interior, tech, and looks I think. In my opinion it looks less busy and a little more grown up than the 10th.

The 5 hp thing is of no consequence to real world driving fun. If that or something like the engine start stop feature is going to make or break your decision to buy one, keep in mind in all likelihood you'll be able to solve both those issues by popping in a $490 CARB FlashPro from Hondata in the near future (the 11th Gen non-Si FlashPro bumps up power by 34 hp and torque by 50 lb-ft). Plus, the 11th Si does have some nice extras like the light flywheel, better shifter feel + rev matching, and improved powerband right off the bat.

This new Civic Si pretty much does what the Si always had - integrates fun, good looks, good tech, great value into one package.
That's what I've been trying to say this entire time. Looks aside. Those are subjective. Everyone in this thread just says it looks boring and disregards the rest of the car like it legitimately isnt doing what the 10th gen is doing but better and improved. It's almost like people here in this thread are just circle jerking and justifying their 10th gen purchase.
Edit: a word

Last edited:

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
I think the real concern is that HP is down significantly more than 5HP. Which, going by the base 1.5 dyno's, is a real potential.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I think the real concern is that HP is down significantly more than 5HP. Which, going by the base 1.5 dyno's, is a real potential.
We can’t go based off of the normal cvt/6Mt out right now because if it’s anything like the 10th gen si, it’s going to use a different turbo. Even if it’s a tad bit slower let’s say 10-15whp. The powertrain and interior changes are still better. People are still going to tune it regardless.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
That's what I've been trying to say this entire time. Looks aside. Those are subjective. Everyone in this thread just says it looks boring and disregards the rest of the car like it legitimately isnt doing what the 10th gen is doing but better and improved. It's almost like people here in this thread are just circle jerking and justifying their 10th gen purchase.
Edit: a word
I was already moving on to the Integra, but if I wasn’t the removal of heated seats and mirrors, and dual zone climate would be absolute deal breakers. Just trying to break up all that boring talk lol, just real issues I have with the 11th. I wonder if it is supply chain issues.
Sponsored