• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ridgeline RTL-E, 2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S
Setting up for a $30k Integra base trim. ?
Considering an ILX which is based on the Civic platform from two generations ago (!) starts at $4,600 more than the Civic, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Integra start at around $32K.

It's 2k and multiple features have been removed (heated seats, etc).
...and the radar unit and adaptive dampers and dual zone climate control.

You do get a Bose-branded audio system, although I thought the non-branded system in my '17 sounded fine for the price point.

And, shame on Honda for including auto idle stop. Yuck.
Sponsored

Reactions: mjh

Spike Spiegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Si coupe, 2008 Tundra Limited, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 (Dead engine), Horse Trailer, Quarter Horse (Dyno=1 HP)
Theyve been selling them with no problem since 2017 or so. Everybody buying a Civic isnt looking for HP.
Except you could get a 10th gen Si for $23K. Is this car worth almost $30K? Seems like a lot of cash.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
Except you could get a 10th gen Si for $23K. Is this car worth almost $30K? Seems like a lot of cash.
17 Si $24K
22 Si $28K

“Except you could get a 10th gen Si for almost $26K. Is this car worth almost $30K? Seems like a lot of cash.”

Made some changes to your statement. Hope you don’t mind

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
What bothers me the most about the pricing are the deleted features.
I keep saying this but 2K bump itself isn’t that bad, considering they skipped one year.
But they should have kept most of the features. 2020 Si didn’t cost that much over the previous model year even with all the added safety tech.

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
I am just going to get the ST hatch manual.
The Sedan isn’t growing me on and the Si isn’t enough to change my mind.
It appears Honda “Nerfed” the Si a tad to make space for the Integra. I can’t spend my hard earned cash on that Philosophy

Last edited:

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
It appears Honda “Nerfed” the Si a tad to make space for the Integra. I can’t spend my hard earned cash on that Philosophy
Not sure they nerfed it as much as they’re just reacting to the current economic situation. Between chip availability and supply chain issues the cars have to be more expensive to make. They’re probably adjusting to maintain their target margins
 possible they’re adjusting to the market to take advantage of what it‘ll bear at the moment too.

I sure do wish that a) the new Si came in a hatch, b) the new Si wasn’t being released in current market conditions and c) the new Integra wasn’t being released in current market conditions.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Setting up for a $30k Integra base trim. ?
Yep
 I think it’s safe to assume there’s no chance any of us will be pleasantly surprised with the Integra’s pricing when it lands. I predict many rationalizations after that first kick when they’re announced.

I also predict many told-ya-sos for those SMRT enough to guess a price or two correct. :rolleyes:

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
Not sure they nerfed it as much as they’re just reacting to the current economic situation. Between chip availability and supply chain issues the cars have to be more expensive to make. They’re probably adjusting to maintain their target margins
 possible they’re adjusting to the market to take advantage of what it‘ll bear at the moment too.

I sure do wish that a) the new Si came in a hatch, b) the new Si wasn’t being released in current market conditions and c) the new Integra wasn’t being released in current market conditions.
Si as a hatch would be great. Honda did “hold back” on the Si this time around to make room for the Integra to shine, hence why it probably Isn’t a hatch. and they could have easily gave it 220hp especially when Hondata can find even more power from tune alone.
It’s hard to buy a car knowing Honda could have done better with especially giving the big price increase.

Last edited:

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
I think we need to wait until we actually sit in and drive the new Si (or at least see some reviews!) before jumping to conclusions based on numbers.

A $2000 price increase is disappointing, but it is still $2-3k cheaper than a 2022 GTI, which is its only real competition. The 11th gen civic has a far nicer interior and a much better looking exterior than the 10th gen, and that alone is worth a bump in price for me. (And I am speaking as a happy 10th gen owner.)

The real question is how well it compares to the new GTI, IMO. And for that answer we're going to have to wait until some reviews of the Si are out, which will be hopefully any day now.

OP
OP
Pielo7

Pielo7

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
MSRP Vs MSRP is $1,230
I think we need to wait until we actually sit in and drive the new Si (or at least see some reviews!) before jumping to conclusions based on numbers.

A $2000 price increase is disappointing, but it is still $2-3k cheaper than a 2022 GTI, which is its only real competition. The 11th gen civic has a far nicer interior and a much better looking exterior than the 10th gen, and that alone is worth a bump in price for me. (And I am speaking as a happy 10th gen owner.)

The real question is how well it compares to the new GTI, IMO. And for that answer we're going to have to wait until some reviews of the Si are out, which will be hopefully any day now.
MSRP Si -$28,315
Gti -$29,545
A difference of $1,230 in price, i dont think these 2 cars are contenders anymore 2022 gti 241Hp, 273ft torque W/ 3,046. 2022 Si 200Hp, 192 torque W/2,950.... in papers at least

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
I think you're leaving the destination charge off the GTI and adding to the Civic. MSRP is $29545 for the base GTI and $27300 for the Si.

They're definitely the two cars most people will be cross-shopping though.

OP
OP
Pielo7

Pielo7

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I think you're leaving the destination charge off the GTI and adding to the Civic. MSRP is $29545 for the base GTI and $27300 for the Si.

Got it, thanks for the clarification

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan

The GTI and new Civic Si aren't even in the same league. Get real on that.

For one, it's hatchback versus sedan. Straight line power isn't even close. The newest GTI destroys the 11th Si on power.

The Si is a nice car. It will handle well and drive well. It's a sporty-ish econobox.

Personally I hate the boxy "mature" styling of the 11th gen sedan, but that's me.

Last edited:

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ridgeline RTL-E, 2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S
2022 Civic Si $28,315
2022 GTI $30,540

Difference of $2,225 which buys you:

• Significantly more power and torque
  • Hatchback design
  • Heated seats and steering wheel
  • Longer warranty
  • (subjective) Higher quality materials, design, feel, and sound
I really enjoyed my 10th Civic Si, but every time I drove a GTI, it just felt like a better car in most every way.
Sponsored