• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2023 Civic Type R chassis code should be FL2

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Found out that the FL1 is the Civic Hatchback when I saw it listed on the Honda Dealership. FL2 should be the 2023 Type R.
Sponsored

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
Found out that the FL1 is the Civic Hatchback when I saw it listed on the Honda Dealership. FL2 should be the 2023 Type R.
As previously posted, FL2G8 is the chassis code for the Sport HB 2 liter with manual transmission. And FL2H8 is the code for the Sport HB 2 liter with the CVT. So the 2 is for 2 liter engine.

The 1.5 liter hatchbacks start their chassis codes with FL1

So the Type R should be FL2__

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
As previously posted, FL2G8 is the chassis code for the Sport HB 2 liter with manual transmission. And FL2H8 is the code for the Sport HB 2 liter with the CVT. So the 2 is for 2 liter engine.

The 1.5 liter hatchbacks start their chassis codes with FL1

So the Type R should be FL2__
Yep noticed how they have done that. It could FL2I8

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
Yep noticed how they have done that. It could FL2I8
I may be wrong that 1 and 2 represent the engine sizes. Could just be the sequence #.

So maybe FL3 for Type R?

For those that hate CVTs it's funny that CVT 2 liter has "H8" designation. Coincidence???

Last edited:

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
I’m checking daily on the Honda “internal network“ for everyone here. Most Honda employees at the stores and service have access. So someone will post up real quick. Unless someone in the media leaks it first. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Either way….exciting times for me because I have a lot of options for 2022 now!! ???

Nimda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 CR-V
Well, Honda's chassis code system is a little bit weird. Here are 3 examples.

1. Sometimes, just a little change for the engine can be resulting in a different code like 1.5-liter 10th gen Civic Hatchback has two chassis codes. FK4 and FK7, The first one (174hp) came with L15B7 engine and the second one (180hp) came with L15BA.

2. Sometimes, one chassis code is shared between different body types and engines like 9th gen Civic Hatchback and Tourer equipped with any N22B4 and N16A1. All of them have the same FK3 code.

3. Sometimes They had one car configuration split into two chassis codes, such as 2nd gen AWD CR-V with K20A4 engine. The RD5 code is for the Asian market while RD8 is for Europe.

There aren't any naming rules for it. They usually name whatever they want, making it very difficult to predict. However, I'm hoping that the Type R will be another code like FL3 instead, to avoid confusion between the N/A and Turbocharged 2-liter engines.
Sponsored

Last edited: