• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Do we think at this point, that they would already have started production? Or do they just build a small run for crash tests and other things, with actual production starting later?
Sponsored

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
1655834731681.png

these renderings look pretty spot on.
They are a little off in that if you look back to front there is actually a small rise in the belt line on the real deal. The rear reflectors also appear to be half vents and do not continue the bodyline. Other than that its pretty close.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Crash Test Vehicles Spotted on Transport (Grey and Black in Color), Revealing Rear Fascia and Exhaust E316B01E-9753-4126-935D-8B4117EB5874

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
They are a little off in that if you look back to front there is actually a small rise in the belt line on the real deal. The rear reflectors also appear to be half vents and do not continue the bodyline. Other than that its pretty close.

E316B01E-9753-4126-935D-8B4117EB5874.png
The rear reflectors on the recently photographed rear section of a crash test vehicle, also are half vents.

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
Do we think at this point, that they would already have started production? Or do they just build a small run for crash tests and other things, with actual production starting later?
My guess is they're in the build out stage. That means they are making a small handful of units on the actual assembly line, to verify both the processes and cars. fun fact, they are most likely going through the plant spyshot camo wrapped. The initial units are for testing purposes (like above) as well as final calibration tweaks, and then finally the press fleet. We're probably around 3 months or so from actual production starting, but as we get closer, they will ramp up the pre production models built.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Well Honda said its coming out this summer, production isn't 3months out. It should really start any day out if its going to meet enough cars all around the world. I would say end July at the latest.

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
Well Honda said its coming out this summer, production isn't 3months out. It should really start any day out if its going to meet enough cars all around the world. I would say end July at the latest.
I'd be willing to bet customer cars wont start shipping to dealers until August at the earliest. Even if it were to be publicly launched 4th of July weekend at Mid-Ohio for the Indy Car race it will be at, you're still looking at around a month before the very first cars are delivered. July 1st is the start of Quarter 3, and I bet the target date for cars at dealers is by the end of Q3 (Sept. 30). Just a recent example from Honda, the Si was launched at the end of October with the first customer cars hitting dealers about a month after. I got one of the first in my state, and it wasn't until the end of December.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Iā€™d like to believe that, but ā€œcoming outā€ could also just mean, ā€œdebutingā€. I donā€™t think we will see a Type R on a dealer lot until October-ish. I think it will debut soon, but if you look at other cars, like the Si, it was debuted October 19th of last year, but I didnā€™t see people getting their hands on them until probably December.
So, Iā€™m guessing it will debut in the next week or so, with them arriving at dealerships a few months later.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I'd be willing to bet customer cars wont start shipping to dealers until August at the earliest. Even if it were to be publicly launched 4th of July weekend at Mid-Ohio for the Indy Car race it will be at, you're still looking at around a month before the very first cars are delivered. July 1st is the start of Quarter 3, and I bet the target date for cars at dealers is by the end of Q3 (Sept. 30). Just a recent example from Honda, the Si was launched at the end of October with the first customer cars hitting dealers about a month after. I got one of the first in my state, and it wasn't until the end of December.
Hahahā€¦ talk about thinking the same thing!
Sponsored