• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Probably should have started with the last sentence first.

Key on this is 5% better everywhere is a lot. The returns to investment are parabolic which means to eek out an extra 2-3% would take an increasing amount of investment. Honda took it to the limit and opened up greater overall potential while still keeping the cost in check.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Integra Type S
Why the surprise?
Throttle House and CarAndDriver showed us that it is slower (acceleration) than the previous gen.

I hate to admit this but the Elantra N is really a bargain. The Type R is better but the additional cost doesn't justify the small gap in performance.

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
Good read but not anything earth shattering...performance numbers that sit between the regular FK8 and LE but, nevertheless, a brilliant vehicle.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Why the surprise?
Throttle House and CarAndDriver showed us that it is slower (acceleration) than the previous gen.

I hate to admit this but the Elantra N is really a bargain. The Type R is better but the additional cost doesn't justify the small gap in performance.
If you dont care about fit, finish and want your engine to grenade.

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
Also puzzling how MT 0-60 was reported as 5.3 and yet Redline Reviews were able to hit 0-60 in 5.19 seconds, with driver and passenger.

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
Also puzzling how MT 0-60 was reported as 5.3 and yet Redline Reviews were able to hit 0-60 in 5.19 seconds, with driver and passenger.

Too many factors at play here, elevation from sea level, temperature, rotation of the earth, position of the moon, what these guys had for lunch. The only way to be sure you hit 0-60, 1/4 mile and trap times is with a DCT, DCTS ARE INFALLIBLE!!! but also 😴😴😴😴 *also sarcasm*

@mbaapk harsh bro, i love me some korean bbq 🤣

Last edited:

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Magazine times are meh I am waiting for actual owners to post acceleration times it's crazy that people have had the car a month and not a single vbox/dragy/1/4 mile time has been posted.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
I’m starting to get AP1/AP2 vibes with the FK8 and FL5. Those in the S2000 community will no what I’m talking about. There’s a saying (that’s fairly pervasive though not universal):

“The AP2 is a better car, the AP1 is a better S2000.”

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Why the surprise?

We kicked this around a bunch of times CD got different times with different cars over the years and rumor is the TH car had a tune. Nothing is proven until we start seeing owners post times.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
don't care for 0-60 for a fwd car but trap speeds matter. Thing is this car couldn't pull on a 240hp GTI is kinda lame.