• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Great driver

OMG!! This is one of the BEST drivers i have ever seen drive a CTR at Nürburgring... and i have watched Numerous videos now...

* He (?) was able to finish corners each time with increased acceleration and kept pushing into the straights

* He got the absolute most out of every straightaway

*He seemed to find the right gear instantly in almost every situation

* In all but 2 places where he drifted, he seemed to be doing it as a no-brainer... tho, I nearly sh*t on one of those drifts (it was around the 6th one), but he never lost his lane and came out of it strong

* He apparently really knew the track well (which would be a big advantage) or somehow sensed whether the cornering needed some breaking and hard work or just a careful threading

* He kept to the side of the track that was going to give him the best advantage in the next corner(s)

Manifique!!

Was there a track time somewhere there? Did i miss it?

Last edited:

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Why do the hazard lights randomly come on lol?

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
I believe in Europe it’s a requirement that under very hard breaking that the signals flash to warn a following driver

Last edited:

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
48F ambient temperature has the oil temp around 250F. Not too bad. On a 100F day the oil temp should probably be 270-280, a bit high

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
According to the translation program...
-------------------------------------

The new Civic Type R is in full swing! The heated battle of the first round of Super Taikyu is revealed to the back

4,635 views Apr 4, 2023 #シビック #スーパー耐久 #鈴鹿サーキット
The new Honda Civic Type R attracts the attention of car lovers as a high-performance sports model. Following last season's spot participation, we will challenge the 2023 season in the Super Taikyu Series! WEB CARTOP infiltrated the team at the season opener held at Suzuka Circuit on March 18 and 19! We will fully report on the dignified battle that won the class victory!

◆Click here for the report of Round 7 of 2022

• Awesome combat in the new Civic Type R... +

TypeRGirl

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, na 88 RX7
Another angle of L’Argus 🤩

And here’s one of my favorite videos of DK driving touge in the FL5. It’s the pedal camera and footwork for me! 🙌

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
A different Bridge to Gantry. Looks like dampers are in comfort mode.
this Ali guys is a great driver! I've been enjoying his Youtube posts.
Is he a "pro" driver? Because if he is not, than when Honda get to doing their official run, the 7:52 time will fall! And 7:52 for a none pro means this car is an absolute weapon!! I have no business driving this thing, but I look aight in it tho 😁

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
this Ali guys is a great driver! I've been enjoying his Youtube posts.
Is he a "pro" driver? Because if he is not, than when Honda get to doing their official run, the 7:52 time will fall! And 7:52 for a none pro means this car is an absolute weapon!! I have no business driving this thing, but I look aight in it tho 😁
Honda probably did beat the FK8. But I'm assuming they're ambivalent about posting the new CTR record since they can't say it's the fastest FWD car around the Nurburgring as there are at least two others (one of which is a production car). Also, probably need to add another 20 seconds for the full BTB run.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Another angle of L’Argus 🤩

And here’s one of my favorite videos of DK driving touge in the FL5. It’s the pedal camera and footwork for me! 🙌
Yes! Thank you...that is so amazing! I still have to watch a few more times to get the coordination down in my head as to his steering and pedal work along with the gauges. I love data... and this is a bit of data overload for my brain. LOL This needs more studying.

And, for those who are trying to sort out the FK8 vs. FL5 comparisons... i thought this was posted or discussed, but i did a search on here and couldn't find the URL, so apologies if this is a dupe post, but it prob should be here in this thread, too, anyway...

savagegeese interviewed the head engineer who designed BOTH the FK8 and FL5, and they go into great detail about the differences and how those differences impact the experience of the cars...

Sponsored

Last edited: