• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Oh GR has a 13 gallon fuel tank . Come-on Honda you can go bigger like to see 400 mile range.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
I think that a GR Core with LSDs is a great value, and that it might even be a more enjoyable car on the street. Seems slightly ill-suited to the track but perfect for a twisty two-lane road.

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
I think that a GR Core with LSDs is a great value, and that it might even be a more enjoyable car on the street. Seems slightly ill-suited to the track but perfect for a twisty two-lane road.
Im not advocating specifically for either of these, as I'm sure whoever is able to own either is going to love them. However, the one thing that really has me questioning my decision is the difference in fun that Zack and Matt look like they're having in the GRC One take vs the FL5 One take. In the GRC One take they genuinely look like they're having an absolute hoot, and in the FL5 One take well, they just seem "whelmed" lol. Maybe they just started off their day on a better foot in the GRC vid.

michaeljf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Civic Type R LE
However, the one thing that really has me questioning my decision is the difference in fun that Zack and Matt look like they're having in the GRC One take vs the FL5 One take.
I own a Hyundai i30N hatch and it's the same thing with it compared to my Type R. The N car is easily more fun as a chuckable daily driver or to share a track day with my son. The Type R is just a more clinical, precise and well honed driver's car.

The best way I can sum it up is if fun is the order of the day then I'd take the Hyundai 4 times out of 5. But if it came down to which car I'd sell last the Type R stays in the garage 5 times out of 5.

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
I own a Hyundai i30N hatch and it's the same thing with it compared to my Type R. The N car is easily more fun as a chuckable daily driver or to share a track day with my son. The Type R is just a more clinical, precise and well honed driver's car.

The best way I can sum it up is if fun is the order of the day then I'd take the Hyundai 4 times out of 5. But if it came down to which car I'd sell last the Type R stays in the garage 5 times out of 5.
Funny you mention it, I was absolutely onboard the i30N hype train until I found out that Canada wouldn't get them. It looked like a more grown up Veloster N to me, and in an entirely different price range from the Type R.

Also that definitely helps me feel better about my decision, I just want to hop into a car that im never gonna hate driving, or looking at (subjective), no matter what the situation lol.

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
Also that definitely helps me feel better about my decision, I just want to hop into a car that im never gonna hate driving, or looking at (subjective), no matter what the situation lol.
This has to be an unpopular opinion...but I very much dislike how the GR Corolla looks. I do not understand what people see in that car inside and out (besides performance or driving experience).

Somehow most reviews I watch or people talk about it I see people praise its looks...I just dont get it man lol

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
This has to be an unpopular opinion...but I very much dislike how the GR Corolla looks. I do not understand what people see in that car inside and out (besides performance or driving experience).

Somehow most reviews I watch or people talk about it I see people praise its looks...I just dont get it man lol
No I 100% agree with you on the looks, it falls into the boy racer category for me. I'm much more into the elegant, understated lines of the civic Type R, even the Integra Type S is a little much for my taste.

The biggest thing that the GRC brings to the table for me is that oldschool Subaru STI AWD dccd formula, and functionality, albeit the Type R beats it in both passenger space/comfort and trunk capacity LOL.

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R

I agree with you. The exterior is meh, but the interior is complete garbage. It's embarrassing that a car made in 2022 could look so outdated. CTR interior completely blows it away.

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Well north of 40k for that fugly 3 cyl Geo Metro wannabe 😂

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Funny you mention it, I was absolutely onboard the i30N hype train until I found out that Canada wouldn't get them. It looked like a more grown up Veloster N to me, and in an entirely different price range from the Type R.

I’d also buy an i30N over a Type R if they sold it in the US. Not interested in anything Hyundai sells us.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
with two diffs and 300 hp I’d figured the GRC would be tail happy fun, but sounds like it’s not. So I flipped my preference to the Type R since the GRC is so compromised in utility, and no arm rest is inexcusable.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Integra Type S
I feel safer inside the CTR than in the Corolla hatch. Same thing with the GTI.
The rear bumper is too close to the rear passengers (my kids).
For sure the safety difference is zero but that is how I perceive it.
Sponsored