• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I think the Corolla will need to grow larger if it wants to compete with the Civic. Agreed.

Even though most would prefer the practicality of a Corolla, the GR Yaris is the better variation due to its size and weight advantage. I think the hardcore enthusiast would still choose the Yaris over the corolla.
Sponsored

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Im not advocating specifically for either of these, as I'm sure whoever is able to own either is going to love them. However, the one thing that really has me questioning my decision is the difference in fun that Zack and Matt look like they're having in the GRC One take vs the FL5 One take. In the GRC One take they genuinely look like they're having an absolute hoot, and in the FL5 One take well, they just seem "whelmed" lol. Maybe they just started off their day on a better foot in the GRC vid.
in the video he actually said he preferred the GRC to the type r.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Yes I've seen it. My point is, their opinion changes like the wind. The only opinion that matters is yours! :cool:
What I'm gathering from their changes in opinion is that both cars are so good that there isn't really a clear winner.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
IMO, the GR Corolla will be more fun if you live in a snow state. High powered FWD car in the winter can get annoying.
looking forward to some reviews of how it drives in snow. It might turn into a drifter on snow. I really hope they make a second gen GRC with a more practical hatch body. Current one is so impractical for a hatch.

nttran98

First Name
Nhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback EX-L
I read a review somewhere and My recolection is that this segment of hot hatch has became so good and competitive that anyone will be happy with any option to them. It all down to preference at this point.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
I read a review somewhere and My recolection is that this segment of hot hatch has became so good and competitive that anyone will be happy with any option to them. It all down to preference at this point.
Its like 3 or 4 cars so honestly its not that much of a choice 😅

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
I hate when designers give up rear headroom and trunk space for some sloping roofline they think looks good. Mazda does this all the time.
We looked at the Corolla hatch and while our Focus was only 1” longer it has literally like 8” more rear legroom, more headroom and a much bigger trunk.
Ford should never have discontinued the Focus. Or the Fiesta for that matter. Everyone I know who owned one liked them. Imagine how good they might be now if Ford had just kept improving them instead of giving up.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Ford had lots of problems with the Focus RS. Many of them engine related. That’s probably why they gave up.
Sponsored

Last edited: