• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
I am glad I am away for the month of June, I have a feeling Honda will pull Toyota and won't reveal much. I will be surprised if they pull crap like Toyota and put regular hatch parts in Type R and reveal it.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
That’s what I’m talking about, some random Honda Exec in Australia made a comment, and basically nobody even reported on it except for Road and Track…other than some random social media channels. You’d think if that was a legitimate and confirmed statement, every publication would have immediately acknowledged it.
I want to believe we’re on the cusp of an official reveal, but the only legitimate announcement that’s been made, is for July 1st, and that’s in camo.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I am glad I am away for the month of June, I have a feeling Honda will pull Toyota and won't reveal much. I will be surprised if they pull crap like Toyota and put regular hatch parts in Type R and reveal it.
At least they have been non stop promoting it, even if the reveal had pre production models with incorrect interior screens etc…
And now they’ve already announced another specialty variant, and have been giving people laps at ECR…

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
Wow.. what tires size were on the 10th gen? With these tiny side walls alone you could see huge gains on the track. Now hit a pothole...
245/30/20 on a 18x8.5" wheel was the OE size on the FK8. A majority of the stock class scca autocross guys run 265/35/19s so them going to 265/30/19s is even better for those of us that like running the in stock classes. We will get to run 18s now. The real question will be if Honda went to a wider wheel or not?

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
That’s what I’m talking about, some random Honda Exec in Australia made a comment, and basically nobody even reported on it except for Road and Track…other than some random social media channels. You’d think if that was a legitimate and confirmed statement, every publication would have immediately acknowledged it.
I want to believe we’re on the cusp of an official reveal, but the only legitimate announcement that’s been made, is for July 1st, and that’s in camo.
I guess we’ll see!

Lamotrigine

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GE8
Well it’s not the first time US is being treated differently by Honda. And Honda JP takes it very seriously for this new gen CTR, I wouldn’t be surprised if Honda JP decided to unveil the whole car in June. Some Japanese have been informed by their local dealers first year deliveries are approx 400 units in Japan and will be on sale in September.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Well it’s not the first time US is being treated differently by Honda. And Honda JP takes it very seriously for this new gen CTR, I wouldn’t be surprised if Honda JP decided to unveil the whole car in June. Some Japanese have been informed by their local dealers first year deliveries are approx 400 units in Japan and will be on sale in September.
Well, I definitely would love a September/October release, here’s to hoping we get a full reveal between now and July 1st!
And here’s to hoping we get some kind of power bump, even if it’s 10hp, and that they manage to keep the weight just under 3,000lbs… gotta have dreams.

Lamotrigine

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GE8
Well, I definitely would love a September/October release, here’s to hoping we get a full reveal between now and July 1st!
And here’s to hoping we get some kind of power bump, even if it’s 10hp, and that they manage to keep the weight just under 3,000lbs… gotta have dreams.
3000lbs would be great. I guess it won’t be too much heavier than the previous FK8.2 but who knows, Honda might give us CF this aluminum that and makes it even lighter. As you said gotta have dreams

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
3000lbs would be great. I guess it won’t be too much heavier than the previous FK8.2 but who knows, Honda might give us CF this aluminum that and makes it even lighter. As you said gotta have dreams
Last gen was 3121 lbs and the LE was 3071 lbs.

Personally I would be quite happy with 3150 lbs on the 2023 CTR. I'd rather not see Carbon Fiber on the regular CTR because then it'll just boost the MSRP even higher haha. They can go wild on all the special editions though!

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Last gen was 3121 lbs and the LE was 3071 lbs.

Personally I would be quite happy with 3150 lbs on the 2023 CTR. I'd rather not see Carbon Fiber on the regular CTR because then it'll just boost the MSRP even higher haha. They can go wild on all the special editions though!
I disagree. Just like what Toyota is doing with the GR, I don’t want Honda making different variants that are low volume, even higher markup, and impossible to get. Make one awesome Type R version and leave it alone.

On the subject of weight, I wouldn’t be surprised if that is where the uptick in performance, an .08 lap time improvement at Suzuka, came from. Probably same HP with wider tires and at or below weight as the LE.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
The CTR LE achieved the weight loss by losing its heavier, 20-inch wheels for lighter forged aluminum BBS wheels (reducing unsprung mass by 18 pounds). And then an additional 28 pounds of miscellaneous weight through the removal of the rear heating ducts, tonneau cover, wiper blade, and sound-deadening materials. The Euro CTR LE lost even more weight by ditching the infotainment and A/C systems.

For the record I'm not saying they should pump out a bajillion special editions. But I'd rather the special edition(s) be the track focused cars with all the creature comfort deletes and expensive light weight carbon fiber. Keep the standard CTR a capable hot hatch that I can still comfortably go to the grocery store with.

If they are able to reduce weight without drastically increasing price or reducing creature comforts then I'm all for it. But I think simply maintaining the same weight as the previous generation will be ample.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
The CTR LE achieved the weight loss by losing its heavier, 20-inch wheels for lighter forged aluminum BBS wheels (reducing unsprung mass by 18 pounds). And then an additional 28 pounds of miscellaneous weight through the removal of the rear heating ducts, tonneau cover, wiper blade, and sound-deadening materials. The Euro CTR LE lost even more weight by ditching the infotainment and A/C systems.

For the record I'm not saying they should pump out a bajillion special editions. But I'd rather the special edition(s) be the track focused cars with all the creature comfort deletes and expensive light weight carbon fiber. Keep the standard CTR a capable hot hatch that I can still comfortably go to the grocery store with.

If they are able to reduce weight without drastically increasing price or reducing creature comforts then I'm all for it. But I think simply maintaining the same weight as the previous generation will be ample.
I understand what you’re saying, but to me the Type R IS or at least should be the track focused car, if you want the one that you get your groceries in, that’s the SI. But like I said, I know what you mean. I just hate it when they put the cool stuff on the “track version”, and it’s normally the type of stuff you can’t just easily swap out or it’s super expensive to do so.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I understand what you’re saying, but to me the Type R IS or at least should be the track focused car, if you want the one that you get your groceries in, that’s the SI. But like I said, I know what you mean. I just hate it when they put the cool stuff on the “track version”, and it’s normally the type of stuff you can’t just easily swap out or it’s super expensive to do so.
Completely disagree. Versatility across the board is universally part of the appeal. Otherwise get the $100k+ version they make.
Sponsored