• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Autoblog reviewer: ' I feel like the GR Corolla would be faster on track.'

VIR Lightning Lap times for 2023:

Civic Type R - 2:58.8
GR Corolla
- 2:59.6. Morizo edition, so no rear seat

Both were run on Cup 2's.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very sad, hard to look at the pics but I did.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Finally saw a Core in person and was left as underwhelmed as I thought I would be. No regrets here. The GRC is disappointing to me with a terrible interior and FWD bias. The car I saw was red and the color did nothing for me, the car was in shade so maybe in sunlight it would pop a bit but I doubt it.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally saw a Core in person and was left as underwhelmed as I thought I would be. No regrets here. The GRC is disappointing to me with a terrible interior and FWD bias. The car I saw was red and the color did nothing for me, the car was in shade so maybe in sunlight it would pop a bit but I doubt it.
Can't say I have any regrets about driving an FK8 vs. a GRC, or versus anything else for that matter, so with you on that one.

Still hate to see an engine that has torn itself up. So a moment of silence for that GRC power plant.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I saw a GRC on the street a few weeks back and was also underwhelmed. I feel like it has been built up to be this larger than life object that when I saw it, I thought: "That's it?!". I expected the haunches to be far more pronounced and for it to be a little larger. The recent cooling challenges also dealt a blow with respect to how I view the car. Anyhow, not GRC bashing as I think it's great to have another hot hatch in the segment with CTR, Golf R, and Audi RS3 but I walked away wanting and expecting more.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
I agree 100%, it's still a cool car and I'm happy it's being offered. Core with PP at MSRP is a pretty good deal too depending on your priorities, but I don't see ADM on them making much sense.

I will say the second time I looked at the GRC I could appreciate the widebody more, I had the same reaction to the FL5 too - when I was walking up to my car initially, I was like "huh, I was thinking the widebody would be a bit more obvious". It's clear on further viewing there is a lot going on for both cars.

A lot of reviews mention how much smaller the GRC is - it's stubby! I like that. They need to offer it in some wild colors or something though.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
The Infotainment screen looks like it's from a 5yr old car :( Tiny with a huge bezel.

The seats looked pretty good if not attractive.

Naija Bull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Can't say I have any regrets about driving an FK8 vs. a GRC, or versus anything else for that matter, so with you on that one.
Just curious as I know you've had your FK8 for a while now.. I remember you from back in the 10th gen forums when you traded up from your 10th gen Si... How many miles do you have on your FK8 and have they been trouble free miles?

Ps. Forgive me for being totally off topic.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just curious as I know you've had your FK8 for a while now.. I remember you from back in the 10th gen forums when you traded up from your 10th gen Si... How many miles do you have on your FK8 and have they been trouble free miles?

Ps. Forgive me for being totally off topic.
I have over 42,000 miles - so I have put on about 30,000 on the car.

Other than the usual - tires, brakes, not much to report - pretty trouble free.
Except...
Recently I had a very, very strange experience, where I started the car, heard what sounded like a fast flapping sound and howl. Turned it off immediately. Waited a minute or two, turned it on - noise gone, but dash had two lights on - emissions and rev match.
Drove it, made a few stops, no further noises, and by the time I got home the lights were no longer on. Guessing maybe something got stuck / crawled into the exhaust or engine and got blown out, and the car reset itself. Been a few weeks - no further noises or lights.

rob495

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Ariel Atom
I wish Mitsubishi kept up with the Lancer Evolution. I owned an Evo 8 and what a great car! I haven't driven a GR Corolla but it seems somewhat like a spiritual successor.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I wish Mitsubishi kept up with the Lancer Evolution. I owned an Evo 8 and what a great car! I haven't driven a GR Corolla but it seems somewhat like a spiritual successor.
I completely agree. It's too bad Mitsubishi didn't keep the Evo alive. I had an Evo X and the 4B11T was a fantastic motor in its own right. I also had a considerable amount of seat time in an Evo IX that a friend owned.
Sponsored