• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
All Pricing increases reflect "Exterior Color Upgrade" since that cost has increased from $395 to $455.

2023 Honda Civic Si

Was: $29,590
Now: $30,050

2023 Honda Civic Type R

Was: $44,385
Now: $44,845

Okay...

So it looks like all Honda Civics with a color add have increased by $460 dollars. This isn't reflected on Honda's website yet. It will be soon.

If you are awaiting a vehicle that has already been produced and is on its way to the dealer you intend to purchase from. It is likely that that car has already been "invoiced" and will be the old, lower price. If the vehicle however has not left the plant yet or has yet to be produced. You should expect increased pricing.

The Type R sort of makes this a gray area. I suspect that any future shipments of the Type R will be an increased price while if the vehicle is in NA. It is the older price. I'm totally guessing there, however. Obviously, you'll see the window sticker of the vehicle you are purchasing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tickle

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I bought my 2023 Si in December for $29,100.
All Pricing increases reflect "Exterior Color Upgrade" since that cost has increased from $395 to $455.
In an effort to be more clear. I am showing you the most expensive color choice. If you purchase a color other than Blazing Orange or Platinum white or Sonic Gray you should expect that to be lower.

OP
OP
Tickle

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Okay. Sound like a certain somebody from the FK8 circles. Alright
I don't know what that means. I'm sure it isn't an endorsement.

I work for a Honda dealer in sales. I'm not going to provide to you my source material. It will become public soon enough. I have mentioned once or twice that a price increase was coming and when. Other members can vouch for me or the information I bring.

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT
Given that Government is waging war against the regular folks (e.g interest rate hikes and housing market completely controlled by big corporation and/or foreign influence). It'd be an awesome PR move if Honda lowered the price on the Si to show they're not the usual Corporate ass, who prioritize greed over all else. I'm singling out Si cause it's a halo car and manufacture mark-up on it is probably huge since it's built in Canada...

I wonder what Honda would do if they lost the Alliston plant and the Canadian loyalty base. Given my next car is an Elantra N, not well. Imagine if Hyundai opened a plant, equally as big in Alliston and poached all those workers...

OP
OP
Tickle

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Given that Government is waging war against the regular folks (e.g interest rate hikes and housing market completely controlled by big corporation and/or foreign influence). It'd be an awesome PR move if Honda lowered the price on the Si to show they're not the usual Corporate ass, who prioritize greed over all else. I'm singling out Si cause it's a halo car and manufacture mark-up on it is probably huge since it's built in Canada...

I wonder what Honda would do if they lost the Alliston plant and the Canadian loyalty base. Given my next car is an Elantra N, not well. Imagine if Hyundai opened a plant, equally as big in Alliston and poached all those workers...
I can't knock the idea... As far as I'm concerned they could help the price by making more of them.

I feel like the Si is the best value in Honda right now.

I wonder if Honda looks at every in it's entirety or isolated.

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Given that Government is waging war against the regular folks (e.g interest rate hikes)
People got way too used to artificially low interest rates. Now people are actually expected to pay a reasonable rate and complain.

Sorry guys getting a 2% apr on an 84 month loan is not good. Far too many people financed everything because it was just cheaper and would roll over negative equity into another loan and do that in perpetuity.

I remember for the FK8 an article saying that the Civic Si buyer was the same as the Type R buyer. To cover the ~$10,000 price difference they just got a longer loan. That’s not financially wise for 99% of people.

sure there’s the 1% who actively has money on hand and will actually use those funds to get a bigger return but that’s the exception.

Type R people are turning into Corvette and S2000 people. Everyone buys it and puts no miles on it and claims it’s an investment. Well guess what? All the other 15,000-20,000 owners did the same thing. S2000s aren’t “cheap” because they’re not special, they are cheap because there are 149 examples on Cars.com right now. And 83% of those have under 100,000 miles for a car that’s 15 years old at its youngest. And 37% have under 50,000 miles.

will you lose your ass on an FL5 at MSRP? Probably not. But don’t kid yourself if you drive it as a daily and end up with 120k miles you’ll be with the s2000 owners with the 120,000 mile cars. They will be worth significantly less because of the prevalence of lower mileage examples. If you are okay with that, then fine, enjoy your car. But people out here financing their “investment” are the reason rates need to go up. That’s foolish behavior.
Sponsored