• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 CR-V Type R…Anyone seen this? Thoughts?

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
The Odyssey can use a Type R. Can also seat 8 and use it as an occasional moving van. It was also the smoothest and most powerful car I’d ever owned until 2019. Really missed the Oddy.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Ya know... Honestly, the HR-V is at least sharing the same chassis.

HR-V Type R > Integra Type S

lol

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
The Odyssey can use a Type R. Can also seat 8 and use it as an occasional moving van. It was also the smoothest and most powerful car I’d ever owned until 2019. Really missed the Oddy.
I grew up in an Odyssey. Parents had a 2000, 2005, then the tranny went on the 05 at 240k miles and my Mom got a used 2009. Never realized how awesome the J35 was until the last few years. I look at my Mom in the passenger seat and tell her to listen to that VTEC crossover when I floor it.

Now I want an Accord coupe 6-6 to go with my Si.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
I look at my Mom in the passenger seat and tell her to listen to that VTEC crossover when I floor it.
Does it actually sound like what they have in Savagegeese's video?

It sounds so good in there, I kept thinking that Mark and Jack were trolling us with a track of Type-R sound.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
We've seen something like this for previous gen CR-V, Accord, Odyssey, Integra, etc.
It's an imaginary project that somebody worked on. It has nothing to do with Honda.
I actually want more cars to carry the Type R or Si badge tho.

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
I hope Honda doesn’t whore out the Type R brand like BMW did with ///M. For decades, M actually meant something. Today, you can find it on half of BMW’s lineup, including SUV’s. It’s a travesty.

OP
OP
Whitboy82

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I hope Honda doesn’t whore out the Type R brand like BMW did with ///M. For decades, M actually meant something. Today, you can find it on half of BMW’s lineup, including SUV’s. It’s a travesty.
Yeah I have to agree. M is literally the worst. Doesn’t even mean anything now that everything comes in some variant of M.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Yeah I have to agree. M is literally the worst. Doesn’t even mean anything now that everything comes in some variant of M.
the m340i is pretty good, X5M Competition is rockin' it (I pulled up behind one at a light one time and they floored it off the line. I couldn't close the gap on my Street Triple even though we got up to an unspecified velocity)

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
only the civic is gonna get it from now on since the Acuras are all gonna be Type S now

OP
OP
Whitboy82

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
the m340i is pretty good, X5M Competition is rockin' it (I pulled up behind one at a light one time and they floored it off the line. I couldn't close the gap on my Street Triple even though we got up to an unspecified velocity)
My friend has an M340i, it’s nice, but it’s heavy and I don’t really dig how literally every BMW interior looks identical. It seems ok if you just want something to do straight line pulls, bc it is fast, but looks like a corporate douche mobile to me.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Does it actually sound like what they have in Savagegeese's video?

It sounds so good in there, I kept thinking that Mark and Jack were trolling us with a track of Type-R sound.

Holy shit. It does not sound that loud in the older ones. The Type R doesn't even sound that good. It’s noticeable in a 2009, but it isn’t crazy.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Holy shit. It does not sound that loud in the older ones. The Type R doesn't even sound that good. It’s noticeable in a 2009, but it isn’t crazy.
I’m guessing they stuck a mic under the hood. ;)
Sponsored